Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
Ready to win a totally free comic?  Then watch this...

Colouring-In Conetst

The theme of this Contest was inspired by   JoeyF's topic  Heyyyyy, what's your art doing in my video!? (although I suspect I'm too late to join in the video).  I've been colouring in some of my old Fan Art and had fun with it.  So I thought this would be a fun way for non-artists to have a little artistic fun!

Here's the image you have to colour in...
A Marvel Team-Up By Joe Madureira
For a larger image, go to the image's page & click on the magnifying glass logo in the centre of the picture ;)

The Rules

• Only one entry per person.  Using multiple accounts is cheating; all subsequent entries will be eliminated.
  • No collaborations allowed.  You can ask others for advice or seek out tutorials on the internet.  But only you can colourise your entry.  There's only one prize & there can only be ONE winner.
  • All three characters must be coloured in.  If you exclude any of the characters, then your entry will be considered 'incomplete' and you will be asked to finish your entry before it is accepted.
  • You can use ANY colour & textures!  Get creative...  After all, which Hulk is this?  Red or Green?  Is Wolverine in his old brown outfit, or has he gone for a more radical rainbow colour scheme?  And is your Spider-Man daring enough to wear something other than red & blue?

The Prize

This copy of Ultimate Team-Up #1 was purchased upon publication.  It was read once, and has lived inside the bad with board (the one in the video) ever since.  

Deadline

Post your entry in a comment to this thread.  All entries must be received by Monday 30 May 2011 by 21:00 (9pm) BST.  That's British Summer Time.  I'm afraid I don't know what time that is around the world, so make sure you check the internet for Time Zone conversions.  
#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so in! :)

#2 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha the last ten seconds were awesome. 

Breaking out the box of Crayola and wrecking shop this time.
#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" Haha the last ten seconds were awesome."
I was racing against the sun, which was creeping into the room quicker & quicker... and cooking me alive ;)
#4 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

i will try doing this on paint its gonna suck lol

#5 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

So much fun! Good luck contestants!

#6 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
I was racing against the sun, which was creeping into the room quicker & quicker... and cooking me alive ;) "
You'd be delicious. And taste of aged whiskey. 
#7 Posted by sora_thekey (8105 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
I was racing against the sun, which was creeping into the room quicker & quicker... and cooking me alive ;) "
You'd be delicious. And taste of aged whiskey.  "
Did he just call you old? or exquisite? 

@xerox-kitty: I think I like you more and more... I was wondering how you would make this contest original and you succeeded! I have Ultimate Team Up #1 so I am going to pass (especially since I am terrible at coloring). 
#8 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Darn, I don't know if I could do this one, lol I have almost no artistry skills whatsoever ::grins:: I may still try it though...::strokes chin::

#9 Posted by notoriousbcb (371 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for choosing one of my images!  Looks like I'm going to have to make a submission as well.  Count me in!

#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent: Try looking on YouTube for some tutorials, I used to look on Live Journal but videos are the in-thing these days ;)

@pixelized: Not as fun as you! ;)

@Lance Uppercut said:
"You'd be delicious. And taste of aged whiskey.  "
Cannibal!  Oh the humanity!!  

@sora_thekey: I think he's calling me an old soak ;)  I should have figured that the number 1 Ultimate Spider-Man fan would have this already...!

@RedheadedAtrocitus: I hope you try!  There's plenty of tutorials flying around the internet to help you learn to use programmes like Photoshop & GIMP :)

@notoriousbcb: Thanks for uploading it!
#11 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang, I was gonna try till I saw that I had to color, I suck at coloring  :(

....maybe I'll get my daughter (9) to do it for me ;)
#12 Posted by Riezner (417 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: I love these contests
#13 Posted by danhimself (21897 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:  I love you for using a Joe Mad image!!!
#14 Posted by Warpath Storm (491 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand if this is turned away or disqualified, I thought this was a neat and uniqie way and or take at it.  Thanks, and I love all your challenges on here, this is my first time trying at one of them.

#15 Posted by Vitality (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not participating...but this is awesome.

#16 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
" i will try doing this on paint its gonna suck lol "
I was just thinking about doing that... I Need photoshop >.<
#17 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14026 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446:  my recommendation print it , paint takes an age to do well.
#18 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
" @Hawkeye446:  my recommendation print it , paint takes an age to do well. "
Yeah I believe I will... I believe I will... Still not sure what medium though..
#19 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14026 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446:  stick with the easy/clasic mediums , since cna be done well with little effort.
#20 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
" @Hawkeye446:  stick with the easy/clasic mediums , since cna be done well with little effort. "
Good point, plus I suck at colouring :(
#21 Edited by nszerdy (439 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@Riezner said:
" @xerox-kitty: I love these contests "
And they love you too!

@Donovan Montgomery said:
" Dang, I was gonna try till I saw that I had to color, I suck at coloring  :(
....maybe I'll get my daughter (9) to do it for me ;)"
In that case, then she'd win the prize ;)

@danhimself: It was the one image I really wanted for this contest.  His style is just perfect for this type of contest.

@Warpath Storm said:
"I understand if this is turned away or disqualified, I thought this was a neat and uniqie way and or take at it."
I have to admit, my first thought was to disqualify it.  However, looking at it more closely, you've managed to incorporate recognisable colours in around the right places.  That's not what I expected, but it does colour each character.  So congratulations on being the first entry & good luck! 

@Vitality: Thanks.

@Hawkeye446: @lazystudent: You know that GIMP is free to download, right?  There are oodles of tutorials on YouTube to help you learn how to use Layers, masks and get colouring ;)

@nszerdy:  Nice style.  Thanks for entering, and good luck!
#23 Posted by Mercy_ (92073 posts) - - Show Bio
@Warpath Storm:That looks amazing. 
#24 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@nszerdy said:
"
"
I worship you.

are you a colorist for a publisher. because you should be. (an I'm not blowing smoke up your ass, I truly think you are professional grade.)
#25 Posted by Mercy_ (92073 posts) - - Show Bio
@nszerdy: Dude. That is gorgeous! 
#26 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: I can honestly say I did not know that.. I feel stupid.. 
#27 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

There's ONE WEEK LEFT to enter the competition...

#29 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually trying to get one done good enough to put up here.......honestly.......

#30 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

@Donovan Montgomery: I hope you do :)

#31 Edited by Donovan Montgomery (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, I knew I was messing up Wolvie's costume, and I regret trying to give some color to his skin (and the background, should have left well enough alone), but here it is, my submission. [Putting two versions cause I'm not sure which scan works best.....]

First try with this medium
 A little lighter scan

Appreciate feedback (good and bad), .....still don't know why I tried to combine three of Wolvie's costumes into one :^/

I prefer the second one.....
#32 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1160 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my entry:

#33 Posted by TheThe (1709 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
@nszerdy said:
"
"
I worship you.are you a colorist for a publisher. because you should be. (an I'm not blowing smoke up your ass, I truly think you are professional grade.)
Me too!I'm dying right know!I've seen he only has 17 posts,i though : this cant be !This guy is a professional tryin to fool us ! It's soooooooooooo Good!
#34 Posted by TheThe (1709 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden said:
Here's my entry:     
In Janice's (of "Friends") voice : OH MY GOD ! 
How did you do that ?please ?
#35 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1160 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheThe: Photoshop.
#36 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately I knew mine would never live up to the standards of the rest, due to many facts including my lack of knowledge, and uselessness (spilling water accidentally!) :( 

I used a mix medium of hand (pencils and texter) and the refined on GIMP. Hulk's texture was indeed on purpose, I thought I would attempt something different :D
#37 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

@Donovan Montgomery said:

I prefer the second one.....

As that's the one you prefer, than that's the one I'll accept :)

Thank you everyone who's entered... For everyone else, there's still time to get colouring!! :)

#38 Edited by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

#39 Edited by mau009 (3 posts) - - Show Bio
Here's my entry :) 
I used Illustrator cs4....
#40 Posted by SC (11927 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooh thread has so much pretty and originality! Plus new posters! Welcome new posters! 

Ah Sufferin' succotash, even staying up late and waking up early, could not finish. Not sure I will get much time later to finish, so I might as well enter my messy, bland version. (again)  Before its to late. (Unless, I am confused and tomorrow is final day... *looks confused* 

Hang Over 3 

Thank you once again, as well Xerox Kitty! These comps are great, and thank you for putting up the prize and organizing everything and the last part of the video was awesome lol 
#41 Edited by MuadDiab (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought this comp was a brilliant idea so I said I'd give it a go. Thankfully, I follow Xerox Kitty on twitter, wouldn't have seen this otherwise. 
Think I went for something different with the X-Force Wolverine, Rulk and something close to a Fantastic Four Spider-Man. Really enjoyed doing this (Quality here seems a bit crappy compared to my finished version)

#42 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, a couple of X-Force black outfits for Wolvie.

The deadline has passed!

I'll post voting tomorrow (as I'm a poorly kitty tonight, sorry!!)

#43 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
@nszerdy said:

that is awesome
#44 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: Oooh Lala, that is a beauty! Lol at your Hang over 3 title! Bellisimo!
#45 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@mau009 said:
Here's my entry :) I used Illustrator cs4....
Loving the Orange Hulk!!!
#46 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio