It's time to give away some more comics, so without further ado here's the introduction...
Show & Tell - The RulesWhat is your favourite piece of memorabilia? It can be a poster, book, action figure, clothing or even a comic book. Now you need to show it off & tell us all about it!
- Show: First off, you need to take a photograph of your favourite piece of comic memorabilia. To prove that you haven't found a random photo on the internet, you must include yourself in the photograph!
- Tell: Then you must write about WHY it is your favourite item. This can not be any less than a paragraph (roughly 3 or 4 sentences long) and no more than 2 paragraphs. this way you can't just say "It's cool!".
- Only one 'Show & Tell' item per person. Think you've got a lot of stuff to choose from? Well so have I & I still came up with 1 item! ;)
- Only one entry per person . Anyone caught submitting multiple entries will be disqualified.
The PrizeDaredevil: The Man Without Fear issues 1 to 5 by Frank Miller & John "JRJR" Romita Jr. Each issue has a tough card cover that has been embossed and has a ghostly image of Daredevil stamped in red foil in the background.
- Issue 1 is still sealed with a Dynamic Forces holographic sticker. The Certificate of Authenticity confirms that it has "been signed by Artists John Romita, Jr. and Al Williamson". Although the issue has never been read, there is a clear & distinctive crease in the spine, and the corner of the cover at the very bottom of the spine appears slightly dog-eared. The backing board itself is also creased along the very top.
- Issue 2 is the worst for wear. I has a variety of creases down the spine.
- Issues 3 to 5 appear to be in perfect condition (for comics that are 18 years old).
I bought this mini series roughly a decade ago. I was lucky enough to find the complete set at a comic book mart. Despite the fact that I have owned these for a decade, I have never read these comics. They have since been kept stored in a short-box, all bagged with boards. Therefore any signs of wear occurred before they were purchased.
Example EntryI will never let go of my Power Pack: Origin Album trade paperback, because it was the first 'comic' I ever bought from the first time I ever went in to a comic book shop. Many years later, I ended up working in that same comic book shop. So in a way, this is the catalyst to my life long hobby.
I was 11 when I was taken a long on a trip into the city. We were looking for Thundercats & Transformers back issues for my brother, and my mom asked if I wanted anything. The book was out of reach on a shelf in the middle of the store & I had already been transfixed by its bright appearance and quality leather-bound cover; I just had to have it! Although I was disappointed it wan't really a leather-bound volume, I was entranced by the story inside. So much so that during English class, I would purposefully pick the largest book I could find in the library to hide it in... and secretly read Power Pack instead!
DeadlinePost your entry in a comment to this thread. There is a new deadline (because of the downtime we've been experiencing). All entries must be received by Saturday 30 April 2011 by 21:00 (9pm) BST. That's British Summer Time. I'm afraid I don't know what time that is around the world, so make sure you check the internet for Time Zone conversions.
Have Fun & Good Luck!