Win a DVD of Nickelodeon's TMNT

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Nick's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is currently on its second season, but the first one was so good that it totally warrants multiple viewings. The show recently released a DVD for the final twelve episodes of the debut season, and if you've been following the show, you know they're quite awesome. In addition to some great episodes, the collection also has a couple of bonus features, including a look at how scenes are made and animated comic books. Now, two lucky Comic Viners have a chance to win a copy of this DVD! Just like with our other contests, this is open only to people in the United States.

No Caption Provided

How can you win?

Entering is beyond simple. Answer the following question in just a few sentences at most:

Who's your favorite Turtle and why?

It's that easy. Just briefly tell us below which hero in a half shell is your favorite and why. Here's some additional rules.

• Two winners will be selected.
  • Only one entry per person.
  • Sorry duders, but Comic Vine's lawyers insist the contest only applies tothose in the United States.
  • The contest will begin immediately and end Friday, November 1, 2013.
  • Winners will be contacted on Monday (Nov. 4), so check your inbox throughout that day to see if you've won!

Here's all the fun legal stuff.

Eligibility: Comic Vine Giveaways (the "Giveaways") are open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and are 18 years of age or older. Employees of CBS Interactive, its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of a Giveaway, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with Giveaway (collectively "Giveaway Entities") and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.

Sponsor: The Giveaways are sponsored by Nickelodeon and Comic Vine, 235 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA ("Sponsor").

Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in a Giveaway constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.

Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Giveaway Entities may have developed or may in the future develop ideas that may be similar to entrant's submission, that any such similarity shall be coincidental, and that entrant shall have no rights whatsoever in or to, and the Giveaway Entities shall have no obligation to entrant for the Giveaway Entities' use of, any such ideas.

Entry Period: The start and end times/dates (the "Entry Period") are located on the applicable Giveaway page.

Giveaway Entry/Submission: Follow the directions on the applicable Giveaway page in order to submit an entry. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.

Winner Selection: Winner(s) will be selected via random drawing. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner(s) will be contacted via direct message and will be asked to provide their first and last names, age and mailing address. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification d.m., the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period.

Requirements of the Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential winner(s) may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place.

Prize(s): The prize(s) are located on the applicable Giveaway page. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.

General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.

Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Giveaway Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Giveaway or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Giveaway Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.

Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Publicity: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Winner's consent to Sponsor's use of Winner's name, likeness, picture, portrait, voice, opinions, biographical information and state of residence for promotional, publicity or advertising purposes worldwide in any media and on the World Wide Web, in perpetuity, without further payment, consideration, review or consent (where allowable).

Good luck, everyone!

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

I love Donatello the best. He's smart, responsible, and loyal. Those are all the traits I hope my son emulates as he grows up watching the show.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Michelangelo. I consider him the "soul" of the Turtles - his personality is the one people think of when they hear "TMNT". Also, his love of comics, as well as (in the 2003-2009 show) his tendency to quote a certain chief engineer of a certain starship lead me to think he's the Turtle most like me.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Michelangelo: He sometimes seems dumb, but he is actually very smart and a great fighter. In multiple incarnations he's shown the ability to go toe to toe with Raph and Leo. Not only is he the funniest Ninja Turtle, but he also has the best weapons. And you can always count on him to lighten the mood when things get too dark. He's also the most relatable, especially sense he loves comics, and of course I do too, I am on ComicVine.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By dondave

I need to move to the USA

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite is Leonardo because he exemplifies honor, leadership, and loyalty. No matter how often his brother annoy him with their antics, Leo is always there to lend a hand and pull them out of a jam. He's also able to do something many leaders can't: admit when he's wrong, and try to improve himself to do better the next time.

Avatar image for redhoodflashlantern
RedhoodFlashLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leo is my favorite he is the leader of the turtles, he is by far the best fighter, and he is always one step ahead of the rest of the turtles strategy wise and in my opinion would be the only one who could take out shredder in a one on one fight out of the 4 turtles.Without leo the turtles fall apart perfect example READ CITY FALL ARC and you see just how bad ass leo is and how much the turtles need him.

Avatar image for sanityisoverrated
sanityisoverrated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ever since I was a kid in the 80's I have always had one turtle that has always been my favorite above the others, and that is Donatello. Donny, as he is affectionately called by his brothers, is the brains of the turtles and as I see it the glue that holds them together. You have Leo, the leader, Mikey, the wild one, and Raph who is the hothead. Donny sticks out because not only is he the brain, but he is also the most compassionate of the turtles in my eyes. He would go out of his way to help his brothers as well as help anyone who needed. Plus being the smart one allowed me to connect with Donny as well. Granted other turtles seem to be more popular, Raph and Leo being the main two, but it is always Donny that I tuned into watch. So that is who my favorite turtle is.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#8 pikahyper  Moderator

Michelangelo, I always loved him growing up, his sense of humor was always fun and a good pick me up on my long travels to and from school. I always felt he kept the Turtles light and fun when they could be serious so often.

EvilPenguin543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite turtle is Leonardo. Whenever the turtles are in a jam, Leo is always there to make them stop bickering and get them through the sticky situation. The other three turtles really need him. As shown in the current "City Fall" arc, the other turtles rely on Leo a great deal and without him fighting Shredder and other villains becomes a whole lot harder. Plus he watches Space Heroes, which is awesome.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhoodflashlantern: In the 2003 cartoon, Leo only beat Karai Shredder by himself, Mickey was able to humble the Viral Robot Shredder. And Donatello is the heart of the Turtles, because theres an episode were he goes to a future with out him, and the world his in ruins. Mickey only has one arm, leo is blind, and raph only has one eye.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Donatello, because I don't know any of the other's names.

berkan_ozgur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leonardo, because I just loved how beautiful the 'Mona Lisa' turned out I mean talk about revolutionary.

Bloxxeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite Turtle is Leonardo. He reminds me of Dick Grayson so much. And that's a really good thing. He's a great leader. And he makes the cutest faces when he watches that one Star Trek-ish show. :3

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

The following is an out-of-character statement

My favorite turtle is Donatello. Growing up (I didn't catch on to the turtles until my teen years) I was kida embarrassed about my "nerdiness". I loved learning and tinkering with machines. I LOVED being the smartest kid in the room. It gave me the little bit of confidence I ever had. I nearly lived at my dad's manufacturing plant so I spent a considerable amount of time with large machines which fostered my love for technology. So low and behold I was introduced to the turtles. Turtles who knew ninjutsu? AWESOME SAUCE! And then I learn about Donny. Years and years of looking up to perfect, god-like superheroes. Yeah I liked it, but I hardly felt a connection. With Donny, it was like looking in a mirror. I love all the turtles, but Donny is m clear-cut favorite. He makes me feel better about myself and my childhood.

BoyWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite turtle in this current incarnation is actually Leo, which is an interesting choice for me. I really like that he's trying to prove himself to be the leader. I relate with him trying to show the others the right way, when no one wants to listen and how he's grown. Leo is usually too upstanding for me to really get behind, but for some reason he's appealing to me this time around.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

I always like Donatello because I felt akin with him as I was always the smart kid in the room, but for some reason I'm now drawn towards Michelangelo. Don't know if it's because of his personality and he is the young at heart kinda guy like me, or if it's because my middle name is Micheal.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wmwadeii: creepy, i used to like donny the best and now i like mickey, and my middle name is micheal, so yeah, time travel or parallel universe version of me?

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Guys the contest doesn't doesn't start until the 1st. But I desperately want to win this!

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

#20  Edited By wmwadeii
kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leo because it is clear how much his brothers depend on him. the tmnt cartoon movie did a great job showing this, as the turtles lives were less without him. he takes the responsibility for the teams short comings and is often the reason they win. if he didnt keep mikey focused and raph calm and give donnie the freedom to test inventions the team would be disfunctional. what i hate about the cartoon is how splinter made him the leader for no reason. he is that natural leader, like a captain america type, that you know can get the job done, and thats why he leads the team.

Sawcesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back when I was a kid, my reasons for liking Leonardo the most were pretty simple. Blue's my favorite color, and I love swords. While those reasons still stand (I haven't changed much), I find myself more drawn to his role as leader and "oldest" brother. Interestingly, his brothers are better than him in a lot of leadership fields (concerning the TMNT, at least). He's not the best fighter (I'm sure that's Raph), he's not the smartest (obviously Donnie), and he's certainly not the most charismatic (MIKEY), but he recognizes where his brothers excel and plays to their strengths. He wants to lead them, and I feel he's been training mostly for that sole purpose. Without him, the turtles are kinda lost. There's a reason he's the one usually getting ambushed and taken out by the Foot!

By the way, if this sounds too much like someone else's entry or if this is too long, I apologize.

Vincie_Pooh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Donatello for me. When I was a kid and I saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The live action film in 1990, I was amazed and how it was so different from the cartoon. I was a kid at the time and I didn't know there was a comic, so I had my cousins introduce me to the Ninja Turtles in the black and white comic, the Mirage Comic Donatello was originally presented along with Leo as one of the two calmer turtles. Plus the first issue of the comic SPOILER! Donnie was the one who killed the Shredder by knocking him the roof top.
Donnie in the first live action movie... Donatello seemed less intellligent in the film. He struck up a strong friendship with Casey Jones. Mostly the two playfully insulted each other during the part of the movie fixing the old pickup trick. Of course we all know Donnie is the mind and brians of the group... but I love his relationship brother hood with the little brother Michelangelo. Always messing around the goof balls and the ones getting in trouble and breaking the ice in the room. A lot of people can love the first film but with Donnie and Mikey watching the movie at Aprils place watching the Tortoise and the Hare, I hear Mikey go "Ninja kick the dam rabbit" While Donnie chills hahahaa Donatello has a comedic inability to match his brothers in the first movies. "Bossa nova" "chevy Nova" And plus in the fight with the Turtles and Shedder, he kept on fighting with out his weapon... even thoe he was beat.
Donatello has one of the most under rated weapons of the group, the bo staff. Seeing him fight in so many movies and TV shows it is one of my favorite weapons... Its like if you gave Donnie the Darth Maul double bladed light saber... he can kick some ass and have the colors of purple too it. The bo staff has reach the bo staff can hit more then 3 foot clan members or even more. Plus as one of my favorite colors... PURPLE He rocks that head band very well. For freaking shakes he was voiced by Corey Felman! Donnie is the opposite to me. He is the mind, he wears purple, he has the bo staff. Donnie is the under rated character of the group. Donnie is the loving brother, he cares and of course he will fight until the end. There that is my favorite Turtle and mostly in short.... why. hahaha

--Vincie

Drummer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Michelangelo (the orange one) is my favorite. He's a good comic relief for the team. He's a good fighter and team member but he knows how to have a good time and not take things so serious. I've always thought his nun chucks were pretty awesome too.

Tradewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

♪ This is the Ultimate Showdown... Of Ultimate Destiny! Good guys, bad guys, and explosions... As far as the eye can see! ♪

</outside of US comment>

mcbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mcbean

People still get DVD ?

matt4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the things I love about the Ninja Turtles is that there's literally a Turtle for everybody, at least when you were a kid. Donatello was there for the nerdy kids, Raphael for the angry ones, Michelangelo for the clowns, and Leonardo for the jocks.

That said, my favorite was Leonardo, even though I wasn't a jock at all. For one thing, he had swords. Just too cool! Also, there was something about how he was just a good guy. That's something that was related in all of my favorite characters as a kid, like Cyclops and Cable. There was a moral line that was, for them, easy to follow, and that appealed to me a lot.

Lgharrell3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raphael is my favorite turtle by far. He struggles with his inner demons and has to constantly keep himself in check. Also he is loyal to a fault even if he himself questions it sometimes the idea of someone hurting his family is enough to set him off.

louddarryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leonardo has been my favorite turtle since I was little. He's their leader and the go-to guy in any situation.

jmarsh642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jmarsh642

Michelangelo

Growing up I loved his carefree attitude, and now that he is voiced by Beast Boy, he is fun personified.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@mbecks14 said:

Guys the contest doesn't doesn't start until the 1st. But I desperately want to win this!

• The contest will begin immediately and end Friday, November 1, 2013.
RoTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RoTheKid

Wow. That's a tough question. I hope this counts, but I'm going to do this anyway. When I was a kid, I LOVED Michelangelo. He was my favorite hands down. I loved his care free spirit, his light assessment of serious situations, and I loved his "valley dude" accent. However, as I got older, I realized that I love all of the turtles equally. Like a father who can't chose his favorite child, I feel that way for each of the turtles: Leonardo--his chivalry and hard working ethics can make any father proud; Donatello--his scientific fortitude always give the turtles that mental superiority they need; Michelangelo--for the same reasons as mentioned before and Raphael--whose temper may get the best of him at times, but deep down, one can see his gentle heart. In essence, I see a part of myself with each of the four. With sons so loving and loyal like them, how can a father just choose one? So, I guess my answer is ALL of them! They are all my favorite! :)

Avatar image for toddlovessweeps
toddlovessweeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Donatello because of the Bo Staff and because he the smartest, quick-witted, and most intelligent of the four turtles. He is also really good with gadgets. toddlovessweeps at gmail dot com

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ms__omega

I love Donatello the best. He's smart, responsible, and loyal.

Agreed :)

SBoseak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SBoseak

Raphael. Always has been my favorite and always will be. The sarcasm, the aggressive attitude, the whole shabang.

P.S. Of course they had Greg Katzman be the one who posts this contest. ;)

mightypug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite hero in a half-shell is Raphael. His fighting style is brutal and irregular and he does quite well with numerous different weapons but his traditional sai blades stand out amongst the weapons used by his brothers. But this is not why he is my favorite. I could personally relate to him when i was younger and i still can to a degree today. I was one of 4 siblings, just Raphael was, and I had emotional problems when i was younger and I was angered easily, just like Raphael. Out of all my siblings, i considered myself the toughest as well, just like Raphael is. Just like him, we love our siblings and try to support them but they get on our nerves sometimes. Another trait that I found recently that is similar to a trait that Raphael has is he hates cockroaches just like I hate spiders. I really sympathize with him on that. I don't know how i would cope if a spider mutated just like the cockroach did in the tv show. Raphael is even cooler because he wears a red mask and red is my favorite color. This is why Raphael is my favorite turtle hero. Leonardo is a far second. Cowabunga dudes!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@sboseak said:

Raphael. Always has been my favorite and always will be. The sarcasm, the aggressive attitude, the whole shabang.

P.S. Of course they had Greg Katzman be the one who posts this contest. ;)

:D

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Okay, the contest has now ended. I'll review the posts this weekend and send direct message's to the winners on Monday!

In the event they don't reply within two days or so, I'll contact someone else instead.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Sending out DMs in a couple hours!

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By magnablue

mikey is my favorite. He's got a coll personality. He's a party dude. He also use numchucks

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder, becuase logic.