Official CV Contest: Write the best blog 9/9-9/14

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck
This week's contest will again be from today until midnight Sunday, September 14th.

I want you to write a kick ass blog.  No topic requirements.  Should be somewhat site related (meaning don't blog about the weather or your cat).  It doesn't have to be super long (I don't want to have to read a book).  It could be serious, funny, thought-provoking, your choice.  I'm not looking for anything in particular, just something that will stand out and grab me. 

After you post your blog, copy and paste it here too.  Post the link too in case others want to comment on it.  Let's try to keep other conversations out of this thread. 

The prize will be another random twenty comics from my collection.  Good Luck.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Obi Wan is going to go into the future again and steal my blogs...

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Last_Guardian
inferiorego said:
"Obi Wan is going to go into the future again and steal my blogs..."
>_< damn you!

lmao...

i got a feeling inferiorego is gonna win this one..his stuff's just hilarious...
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Blog of all Blogs

So G-Man wants a blog. I'll give him a blog :D :D

I dont usually blog here. BEcause well lets face it, I have nothing of importance to say... UNTIL NOW!

ATTENTION PLEASE! Just kidding. But really. I've been Reading the Anita Blake books. And recently transferred over to the comics. The art work totally rocks. The characters I had pictured have come to life... Literally. I'm just kinda concerned about all the R-rated stuff that comes later. How will that fit into the comics.. Will they leave it out? I hope not because even though the stuff is r-Rated, its totally important. Some of the powers Anita Gets later are connected to Jean-Claude, and well we all know that Jean-Claude is an Incubus of sorts (If you haven't figured that out yet, please shoot yourself)

Also something I find hilarious is Jean-Claude calling Anita "Ma-petite" In french (if I understand correctly) That means My Granddaughter. How the heck it translates to that is beyond me. But if he was calling her little one or small one, shouldn't he be calling her "un petit?" Calling her My grandaughter is just kinda creepy..

Just a little food for thought on this. But so far the Anita Blake comics get two thumbs, and two big toes up :D

SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By SilverZeo

I might make a funny rant. Using remarks that would rival Lanipator or RandomDCE on YouTube. Or maybe a countdown of scenes from comics.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
I take your death in vain: The Lame Deaths of Captain America

In lieu of the current death, current being May of last year, of Steve Rogers AKA Captain America. We take a look back of 44 years of Cap getting capped. All info comes directly from the comicvine site, all added statements below come from moi.

• First death in 1964. "Killed" by Baron Zemo, when thrown off an exploding plane into the freezing Atlantic Ocean. Actually was in suspended animation and returned later.

this is the first time the whole, "Oh wait, that didn't happen" gimmick took place. Flimsy explanation for a flimsy gimmick. I'm sure this gimmick happened somewhere else prior to this, but this is the first time it happened in Cap mythos. And it's incredibly stupid. With all the amazing different ways to bring a person back from the dead they choose the easiest way out. And lets take a look at the "suspended animation" garbage. He was frozen in a block of ice and thawed out.... Science aside, this is still a stupid way to bring him back. I've read the Avengers issue that this happens in and it's mind-numbing. Magically, they find him in the arctic and thaw him out and he becomes Captain America once again. I'd probably take a break to readjust myself with my current environment. "Television?! Are they trapped in there?!" "The suburbs? Is that underground?" "WE SENT A MAN INTO SPACE! LIAR!" these are questions I'd personally like to have answered before I go back to my old life as a vigilante. Maybe it's just me.....
  • Dies again in 1969. It is supposed that HYDRA got him. This lasts a few issues until it turns out that he faked his death so he could retire, and he eventually becomes Captain America again,

For it's time, this was awesome. Steve can't retire, so he fakes his own death. Nowadays, the "fake death" gimmick is unbearable. Most recently, Spoiler. She didn't even have a great excuse, she went into hiding. Faking your own death does border the "Oh wait, that didn't happen" gimmick pretty closely. However, Cap's situation fits this scenario really well. This is one of his two deaths I actually agree with and can say, "Makes sense". No, nothing clever there.... The death makes sense. But still, he technically hasn't died.
  • Third death, in 1978. This death is the first real one, where he actually dies. The all powerful Korvac easily murders him, but decides to resurrect him. He actually resurrects him in the same issue.

Ah, the 2nd lamest way to kill/resurrect someone. I call this method the, "I'm all-powerful and I am trying to make a point to you through your grief" gimmick. A whole 8 pages of death. I haven't read this one, I'm just assuming the writers couldn't go more than 8 pages without having Cap throw his shield at someone and yell, "FOR AMERICA!". A character shouldn't have to kill another character AND THEN resurrect him just to prove he is all powerful. Just kill the guy, go on with your day, "nuff said". Resurrecting a character, after murdering him is a sign of weakness in a villain, unless you're reading Emperor Joker, then it's a sign of insanity. There isn't too much else I can say about this other than that it's just plain stupid.
  • Dies in 1984. Again, this is a real death, he is killed during the Secret Wars and is resurrected next issue.

This goes along with the last one, but it has it's own title. The "Ha-ha, fooled you!" gimmick. Secret Wars is great stuff, don't get me wrong, but at this point, Cap has died three times already, once for real... kinda. Killing him has no effect on the reader anymore. Kill spiderman, the kids seem to love him a whole lot more anyway. THAT will make a point. I really don't get what the writers were thinking on this one. you knew you were going to bring him back, what was the point?
  • Thanos kills him in 1991, during the Infinity Gauntlet crisis. This was an enemy martial arts skills weren't enough for. Adam Warlock resurrects him eventually.

Great stuff. Thanos doesn't care, POW, you're dead. At this point, I'd think Steve would get pretty pissed off about the whole dying and coming back to life bit. Yet, he never mentions it. Strange.... I mean, I remember the first time I fell down a hill, and scrapped my leg up from roller blading. In fact, I mention that story at least once every 6 months, when the story fits into conversation. It's a great story. but you never see Steve & Sam (Falcon) hanging out in a coffee shop, telling stories like, "One time I went to space, Thanos totally killed me, man that sucked."
  • He dies in 1992, the same year that Superman was killed and resurrected. It seemed as if Punisher assassinated him, but it was actually faked by Punisher without Rogers' knowledge.

My favorite of all the deaths. A mixture of the "Oh, look what the other guy is doing" and "fake death" gimmicks. I remember this very well, I was about 11 years old, but I was so much more interested in Supes death, that I didn't care for cap as much. They faked Steve's death, without him knowing? I don't know if there's a typo there or if it's just that ridiculous. At this point, "fake death" has become a full on gimmick. It's niche and just overdone. the ONLY reason this was done was to bump up sales, nothing worthwhile came out of this garbage.
  • Another death in 1996. The Super Soldier Serum degenerates and causes cellular damage that kills him. He survives because it's reversed by Red Skull.

Now we're getting somewhere. "Hey, it's been four years, lets kill Cap!" "we've done it like 5 times before, maybe we should... screw it... Steve's dead! again." This was pretty interesting stuff, but would have worked 1,000 times better if it was his 2nd death. Red Skull uses Steve to clone his body, so old Skullface can have a new one. Really interesting stuff, good read.... Don't quote me on that though, I haven't read it in 12 years. I have nothing bad to say about this other than I'm really sick of him dying.
  • 1996 again. The all-powerful Onslaught seemed to have killed him, along with a huge group of other heroes like the other Avengers. It turns out they were only transported to an alternate dimension.

STOP IT! IT'S ONLY BEEN 6 MONTHS YOU IDIOTS! Oh, they were only transported? Then, why did you make it seem like they were dead? To fool me? @sshole. The break in between Cap's deaths is coincidentally, pretty much the same amount of time I took a break from comics. The reason why you ask? Because Onslaught saga was the first time that I hated a story arc, and Marvel's bankruptcy made me hate comics. (I still have all my stupid trading cards Marvel, wanna buy them back for full price?) This is the worst of the haha tricked you jazz because no one was fooled. "Oh, all of the Avengers, and a whole bunch of heroes are dead? Really? Most of the big names in the MCU are gone? Not buying it." Fool my once Marvel, shame on you, fool me twice Marvel, and I punch you in the stomach.
  • Killed in 2005 along with Wolverine, by a vengeful Thor. It turned out to be in an alternate future.

The "It was all a dream" gimmick. They use this a lot in television, i.e. Dallas, St. Elsewhere, and by far it is the CHEAPEST way to get around screwing something up. I never read this, I'll be honest, but the alternate future stuff is great, as long as I know, right off the bat, that it's an alternate universe. If you try to pull the wool over my eyes and screw me at the end like this, I'll be mad. In fact, I'm mad right now.
  • Killed in 2007, right now, by Crossbones and a brainwashed Sharon Carter. He still remains dead-although that probably will not last. Comic people usually don't stay dead.

This death was poetry. Beautiful. Why? Well Civil War really set this up. Marvel's story arc, in which, they thought the public would be split. Unfortunately, Tony Stark ended up becoming Wizard's Villain of the Year and Cap the hero. way to go. It really is good stuff, don't get me wrong. But, what made it great was Cap turning himself in at the end, only to be shot down once month later. He became a martyr in the MCU. And yes, they'll find some gimmicky way to bring him back. I'm hoping for a pan out of a Autistic child playing with a MCU snowglobe myself, but the run right now with the son becoming the father is great stuff, even if Cap has guns.

Barry Allen was gone for 20 something years. Now he's back. Bucky was gone for almost 40.  Uncle Ben, still dead.... for now.
Death in comics has become a gimmick. Death in the real world is a finality, there's no popping up in a couple months down the road because Korvac deemed it so. I'm ok with characters coming back, but only if time has pasted where the character has become a memory, not someone we're flipping the page waiting to see. That's why the return of Barry & Bucky worked/s so well. I, for one, have become desensitized to death in comics from the two big companies. Martian Manhunter's death wasn't that shocking to me. All I could think of was, "well, how they going to bring him back". And that shouldn't be the first thing on my mind. It shouldn't be the first thing on anyone's mind.
Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Agony
The Hot and Spicy Girls of Comics

Through the years of comics there have been tons of beautiful girls. Im here to give you Trauma's top ten. WHile there may be some i miss I am picking the ones that I know are big in the comic world or maybe not so big. You have your Asians, Caucasians, Native Americans, and many more. So are blonde, redhead, and heck you might even have some purple hair in there. Whether they are fat, skinny, tall, short, athletic, or just naturally beautiful they are still the Hot and Spicy Girls of comics.

10. Starting off at number ten we have a mom who has been a hard worker and well may be one of the hottest mom's in comics today. It is Invisible Woman. Now I don't know about you but, I have seen some mom's where i just wanted to walk about and tell them why I am really complementing their shirt. She is most definitley one of them. Earning her in Trauma's top ten!

9. Now at number nine we have a girl who will play tricks on your mind when you look at her. It is Zatanna! Now the whole top hat and fish net thing has Harry Houdini screaming for more in his coffin. Hey if it was me i would be her assistant any day. Who knows what fun things she pulls out of her hat! Earning her my number nine spot.

8. At our number eight spot she not white. She not black no she's pink? Yes sire it is that pink skinned girl from the exiles Blink. Now some of might think im crazy but, the pink skin is kinda a turn on. I mean how many chicks do you see with pink skin that are hot. She has a body and sure her eyes might be different but, if you like different then its a good thing.

7. For number seven we have a girl who takes after one of the best X men ever. Her name is X-23.  She is Hot, bad, and well sexy while she is bad. I wouldn't be fighting her no i would be praising her. I just hope that who ever has alittle fun with her that they remind her to keep her claws to herself. Her bad and sexy looks earn her number seven.

6. As we move down the list the girls get hotter and hotter. Now this girl has two looks either one is sexy. She might be huge in one form but, hey big things are good right? Yep thats right it is She Hulk. Her green skin and hair is unique and her body is a big turn on. She's in shape and beautiful. If you ever get in another fight she will be there to protect you making her number six.

5. Yea thats right we are the half way point. A person that would be great to kick off the halfway point is a girl that will make you purr. Its Tigra. Now what can i say she has body, chest, butt, and face of a super model. Once you get past the fur she will be the animal you think she is. Dont even think about telling me her costum isn't hot cause it is. Her bad animal self gave her number five.

4. Now this girl may seem like the girl next door but, just by looking at her you can tell she's not! Yea thats right its Mary Jane. Under that soft skin and sweet smile she has to be one bad girl with her looks. I wish i was peter parker heck i wish i was just her friend just so i could look at her. She's a model and actor so what more can you want. Also, she just happens to have a great body also which helps her in the end. Giving her this great number four.

3. We are almost to the end. These last three are some of my favorite and hottest girls in comics. Now I know some of you are going to be like oh you favor all of the redheads. No but, this one i had to add i mean comeon it Jean Grey! She was hot in the movies and hot in the comics. I always did have a little crush on the actress who played her awhile back. She's got legs, a nice front side and back. Now if you think she isn't hot then you are crazy. With her powers theres no telling what you could do making her number three.

2. One more after this but, hey i wouldn't skip this one! Shes a woman of the water and im glad to see her jump in a pool with a white shirt. You know her it's Aspen. Shes a got a hot tan and a great body. Heck makes me wonder where all the fellow lifeguards like her went. The way she looks will make any boy at the pool stop and take a double take. This is number two!

1. Yessss We are at number one. She's hot and blonde. Well what more to say besides its the hot Emma Frost. Yes Ladies and Gentlemen. Shes has a hot stomach and legs. When i saw her in the comics when i was little it made me think of the comic version of Marilyn Monroe. She has a sexy costume and well she is just the full package. Landing her the number one spot on my hot and spicy list.

I hope you enjoyed this as much as i did. We got to talk about beautiful women in comics and i hope it was as fun for you as it was for me.

this was the hot and spicy list!

Trauma

spider2dfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spider2dfly

Moon Knight: the TV series - EP#1: The Rising of the Moon

This is my pilot episode, I'm still thinking for other good ideas, enemies, team-ups, etc. Other episodes are found in my Vine. Tell what you all think by commenting.. Thanks ( : (^_^) : )

I heard years ago that marvel will be producing a Moon Knight TV series, but until nothing has come up. So I'm posting this as my version of plots for the series. Who knows, these plots my catch up and they really make Moon Knight a reality..

The series starts with a man having vivid dreams about Egypt and the destiny that awaits him there. He woke up breathing rapidly and sweating coldly. His friend in the top bunk says, "Marc, are you alright?" "Yeah" the man said "Its that dream again. Sorry to disturb you, just go back to sleep while I go splash water in my face. Goodnight, Jean".  "How many times  do I have to tell you to just call me Frenchie", the man in the top bunk argued. "I just thought it would be appropriate, just go back to sleep because we need more merc jobs to pay for this hellhole. (a rackety apartment)" Marc replied. Marc goes to the bathroom and wash his face and look in the mirror, staring long enough to see a flash-vision that he wore a white-silver costume fighting bad guys and behind him is some kind of statue of Egyptian origin, that spoke to him and calls him out to Egypt to fulfill his destiny. The next morning, Frenchie told Marc they have a job at Egypt under an employer, Raoul Bushman. Marc contemplate if this is his destiny talking to him.

They go to the next flight going to Cairo and there they meet Bushman, who instantly sees Marc as a tough man of his equal. Bushman took Marc and Frenchie for a tour of a local flea market, which has everything up for sale. From guns to treasures looted from tombs, it has everything. While there, Marc saw a silver crescent dart and is strangely drawn to it. But before he could even touch it, he heard someone calling for help, a thief has stolen a woman's purse. Marc stopped the thief and returned it to the owner, who happened to be a very hot archaeologist (think Lara Croft, only blond and without the guns). Marc becomes infatuated instantly and ask her name. She replied and says her name is Marlene Alraune. Marlene thank Marc for his help, but she had to go because her father is calling her to start an expedition in the desert while Marc was called up by Frenchie and told him that Raoul is going to brief them on their first assignment. Raoul told his mercenary group has job of guarding a group of archaeologist on their dig on a temple of a certain Egyptian god against local raiders. In the evening, Marc dream about the Egyptian statue talking to him again and told Marc that his destiny grows near, but also warns him of the danger up ahead and also not to trust Bushman.

That morning, Marc was surprised that the archaeologist they are protecting is Marlene and her father, Prof. Peter Alraune Sr. Bushman tried to hit on Marlene, but says that she prefer Marc over him, which made Bushman furious. During the travel, Marc and Marlene grew close. Marc was also being pestered by one of the servants who keeps calling him the "Avatar" and he is also wearing the silver crescent dart as a necklace. When the arrived at the ruined temple, Marc was spellbound and his attention was attracted to the main statue of the Egyptian god of the Moon, Khonshu who was covered by a white veil. the pestering servant introduced Marc to "his" god and told his that he is not just the lunar god, but also the god of vengeance and justice. The dig started and during the night, local bandits tried to kill the archaeologist and loot out the temple but the mercs drove them off. One bandit tried to kill Marc, but the bandit stop and left behind his sliver crescent dart necklace. When the Prof. Alraune found the treasure chamber of the temple, Bushman shot him and told his mercs to start looting the treasure. Bushman was about to kill Marlene for rejecting him, but Marc saved her and he challenged Bushman to a duel. He accepts but during the fight, Bushman cheated and stabbed Marc, fatally wounding him. The, Bushman and his mercenaries left with the only transportation while leaving the dying Marc, Marlene, Frenchie and few survivors in the temple. Marlene then profess her love for Marc before he died. The bandits came back and told they come in peace, the pestering servant says that he is one of them and that he was sent here to find the avatar. They explain themselves that they are followers and the defenders of the temple of Khonshu. They were told that the destined avatar will come where their god will decent and bring justice to the world. They carried Marc's body in front of the altar facing Khonshu and started praying.

In the afterlife, Marc was wondering where he is. He knows that he was killed by Bushman and heard the last words spoken to him by Marlene. Suddenly, a white flash came onto him and a figure comes. It is Khonshu and he told him that Marc has been destined to be his avatar. He told Marc that he has chosen him long before his birth and that he is the one who shape the events going which lead him to Khonshu. He then offered Marc a second chance in life and in return he would be granted the power of the moon and be the avatar of vengeance and justice in the name of Khonshu. Marc accept and Khonshu granted the Might of the Moon on to Marc to become Moon Knight.

In the real world, Marlene can't stop crying and Frenchie is still trying to comfort her while the followers continued praying. Then, Marc miraculously woke up and all his wounds have healed to everyone's amazement. Marc talk to the servant that he knew everything all alone, as does the bandits. Marlene ask Marc what happened, but he just replied that he now knows what will he do. Marc took the white veil of Khonshu's statue and head out to track the man who killed him. In the desert, Bushman and his mercs are celebrating and getting drunk all over. Suddenly, a strong gust of wind blew in the different direction and the mercenaries felt they're being watched. One by one, they are all being taken out by something that is white. Bushman calls it out and Marc shows up. He then challenge Bushman for another round which he accepts again. Before the fight, the Moon, in its 1st crescent shine from the midnight cloud on to Marc and he felt being empowered with the strength based on the phase of the Moon. During the fight, Marc clearly has the advantage, using every bit of advantage Khonshu has given him. When Bushman was going to stabbed Marc again, he anticipate this by breaking his jaw and all of his teeth. Declaring himself the winner, Marc lets the other mercenaries walk out with Bushman and let them spread the word that their is a new hero in town and his name is Moon Knight. Shortly after, Marlene, Frenchie and the Bandits came to congratulate Marc, but he says that this will not be over because there are still more bad guys that needs to be put down and the best place to start is New York, home to a lot of villains and heroes alike and the best place to start his superhero career. For fulfilling his destiny, the Bandits gave Marc a chest full of moon and Egyptian themed weapons as a souvenir to help him on his never-ending crusade. The series ends with Moon Knight standing in a clock tower talking about his past, his origins and now he is the Avatar of Vengeance and Justice, the Crescent Crusader, the Lunar Legionnaire, he is Moon Knight!!

Zonza Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zonza Lee

And that my good friend is why I read Manga! Most of the time people die and stay dead only returning in memories to empower other characters. Now I won't lie some do do the whole "Hey their dead! Hey now their alive!" bullcrap (like DragonballZ no one ever stayed dead for long in that one) but for the most part it's "Boom! You're dead now and forever!".

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
Zonza Lee said:
"

And that my good friend is why I read Manga! Most of the time people die and stay dead only returning in memories to empower other characters. Now I won't lie some do do the whole "Hey their dead! Hey now their alive!" bullcrap (like DragonballZ no one ever stayed dead for long in that one) but for the most part it's "Boom! You're dead now and forever!".

"
That's why I wrote that article, it's beyond blog at this point. If people stay dead for decades and come back, I'm cool with that. But also, Mangas don't have 60 year runs, at least any that I know of.
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck

I wouldn't want to have the runs either.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
G~man said:
"I wouldn't want to have the runs either."
Pebto Bismol
cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cpt_linger

where do i put my blog?

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

The Avengers 56 "Death Be Not Proud"

I remember when I first started reading comics, that, I found a reprint of The Avengers 56 where Captain America along with The Black Panther Hawkeye, Goliath and The Wasp use Doctor Doom's time machine to go back to that moment where, in the skies high above war-torn Europe, in his battle against the nefarious Baron Zemo, The First Avenger and Bucky lept onto a runaway missile. This classic was written by Roy Thomas, edited by Stan "The Man" Lee and pencilled by Sal Buscema. The Wasp stays behind to montior Doom's machinery, and nearly falls alseep or something and everybody else barely makes it back. The point of the story is that no one could undo Bucky's death. Since his return and joining The Avengers, this is the burden that Steve Rogers carries. That Bucky is dead and he is alive

This was kinda like what was going on over in Amazing Spider-Man. Peter Parker lives with the burden that, except for his own selfishness - being a selfish kid, maybe - he could have prevented his uncle Ben's death.

DC's Zero Hour produced only one really solid hit. Starman. Written by James Robinson, pencilled by Tony Harris, inked by Wade Von Grawbadger and edited by the legendary Archie Goodwin.

David Knight's death is part of Jack Knight's origin as Starman. David became Starman out of a sense of duty to his father, Ted, the original, classic, "Golden-Age" Starman. David wasn't the most capable or able Starman. In issue zero he's murdered. It is his death that at first divides Jack and Ted. Later it is his death that finally unites them. 

One of my favorite issues is the first "Talking With David '96". Jack, and everything around him, is in black and white and David is in color. They argue, they battle, they trash a cemetary - and then they clean it up. They make up. David returns several times over the course of Starman, giving Jack a chance to reunite with his mother;  and other Golden Age heroes. He also talks with Mikaal Tomas, the '70's hippy-dippy Starman. [SPOILER ALERT - Stop reading if you don't want to find out what happens next] It turns out that David and Jack are able to reunite through the power of Kent Nelson! All of the things that have gone, unsaid between David and Jack are fixed because of Kent Nelson, the former Dr. Fate!

The cool thing about how this all works out is that it all plays out so realistically. There's a pretty reasonable explanation for how everything has worked out from the beginning of the series to the final page of the final issue.

Even during the "Grand Guignol", when Ted faces his "Moriarty", The Mist one last time - the two take their "plunge over Reichenbach Falls" - Ted uses his gravity rod one final time to lift the building he and The Mist are on into the sky for their final battle it is amazing. 

James Robinson used death to create something incredibly powerful.

Look at the third "Talking With David". David brings Jack to dinner with Zatara, Black Canary, The Atom, Hourman and The Red Bee. The entire time The Red Bee is a pompous ass - until he admits why. He stops being a guy in colorful pajamas, and he becomes a real person. Or someone you could believe would be a real person. And this is after he's dead. Haven't you ever found out something about your grandparents or parents after they passed away that creates a better understanding or a depth that you didn't see before? And James Robinson did it with a character from the '40's with a green and red costume with a fin on the cowl!

Imagine that.  

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cpt_linger
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Yeah... I have another one... And this one is just as good... deal with it:

Collectors now-a-days are idiots
If you're a collector, let me in on a little secret.... Collecting every issue of every comic now-a-days is stupid and will be worth less than cover price in 20 years. Don't believe me? Go to your local comic store and look through 80s back issues. On average, ON AVERAGE, each issue is worth $2, and that's being nice.

You want to collect comics? Save up hundreds of thousands of dollars and buy Golden Age stuff, more specific, comics that came out during WWII. Why? Well, during WWII the military needed pulp, I'm not sure to the exact reasons why, but they needed it. So, most kids, after reading, would donate their books, some would go to the G.I.s for enjoyment, others were chopped up and used for other purposes. Therefor, the amount of comics actually kept by people was minimal, making them worth quite a bit of money 60 years down the road. No, your 90s X-Men run isn't even worth the paper it's printed on and no, I don't want a copy of Spawn #1, the book sucked and the market was flooded with Spawn #1 because of people like you who swamped the market and bought every copy because you think you could sell it for a billion dollars 15 years down the road. I blame Marvel & DC, they revamped all their main books and started over at #1 thinking they would sell, it worked, but they were duping the readers. For shame......

As for myself, I read. yes, I technically collect, but only because I don't want to burn them after first read. Why would you collect (modern age) and not read your books? Modern Age has such depth, great characters, great stories.... Now is the Golden Age for comics. Sure, there's a lot of garbage, but the amount of work, effort, and storytelling today trumps the original Golden Age.... I had to say it.... Listen, or read.... I love Golden Age books, JSA, Invaders, Captain america, awesome stuff. But, compared to Modern Age, it's like a 100 year old man fighting a guy who's trained in MMA for 5 years. No contest.

Platypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Platypus
You Have Died of Dysentary

you know those weeks that end and you think to yourself "good lord..this week was quite posibly the worst week since that time i found out i missed the ninja parade."  well this particular week was worse than that...finnaly saturday arrived and all i wanted to do was read a few of my newly arrived comics...i heard a funny sound comming from under my rug..so just like any curious person would do in a horror movie..i lifted the rug..low and behold i found a trap door that i had forgotten was there...(the house was old and the realitor had mentioned it but i never gave it another though) anyways...this squeeking sound i was hearing was getting worse is i decided to investigate *SPOILER*(  bad idea btw)  *SPOILER OVER* upon oppening the door i was knocked back against the wall by a pack of rabid lemurs!  i know this raises a lot of questions..many of which i cant answer so bear with me...now the first though i had was obviously  "how the heck did these lemurs get into my hidden room and how the heck did they get rabies?!?!"  after they had run amock and flung feces everywhere i called my buddy blake and told him to come over..AND BRING A CHICKEN POT PIE..i love those things...after he gets here and seeing the damager we go downstairs to see if we can find any clues..well guess what...we found a portal to some place that we have no idea where or when it is...so just like in any horor movie we decide to not take food or water and go inside...now i would like for you to picture the world as a whole then cover it with feathers and the scent of pinesol everywhere...thats basically what it was like...except for the empty cages everywhere...DING! rabid lemur cages!...(you would want a cage if you had a rabid lemur too)..a small little creature was cowering in the featherish grass...he seemed skiddish so we approached like a cheeta approaches a wounded zebra...hey we figured he was responsible for the lemurs or at least give us a clue to who was...not only were we shocked that he spoke perfect english, but he also immediately fessed up to causing the warzone that is now my house...he handed me a small remote with a single red button and appoligized profusely for all the pain and trouble and told me to push the button..i did and after about 5 minutes of waiting there was a loud rumble as the lemurs stampeded back through the portal and sat in a single file line in front of me then promplty one by one dropped dead...i was baffeld and the litle creature dude we named "glik" could tell ...he explained it was supposed to work that way and i asked y..he told me that once they were done with thier mission they were supposed to be killed..what mission you ask...all glik wanted was my copy of uncanny x-men 267...i told him if he had asked nicely i would have let him read it..this shocked him beyond all comprehention and to this day because of his embarassment he sits on my shower curtain and buys all of my grociercies...and in case you were wondering i never did ask how they got rabies or how he caught them..........THE END!
cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cpt_linger

Something that I am passionate about!

Why Superman would pwn Goku! (The True E! Hollywood Story) lolz

OK! all you peeps saying Kakarot would finish the great Kal El with ease are clearly going off the wrong knowledge. You're all probably going off that pussy ass Dean Caine, Christopher Reeves and Brandon Routh BS when the fact of the matter is this... 

---------------------------All the following are based off the Superman Comics + Movies + Series, DBZ Anime Series (Goku without the help of his fellow peers (NO fusion, NO sensu beans, NO hyberbolic time chamber etc and Superman WITHOUT the help of his JLA mates and... Lois Lame)) ---------------------------

DEATHS

Superman
- Dies once at the hands of Doomsday due to Brute force and strength, however this was only created because Superman had no opponent that could defeat him. The man is literally impenatrable excluding kryptonite. Remembering Doomsday was built for an eternity of destruction and Superman DID infact kill him too. Doomsday has no biological "off-button" where-as Goku requires food and sleep (Something else Superman does not require)

Goku - Dies like 5 times in the DBZ series. ALSO in each saga he requires the help of his buddies to overcome the enemy. He beats freiza cuz krillin dies and he has a fit, he beats Buu with a Genki Dama (Spirit Bomb) which can only hurt those without a pure heart (useless against Supes), he didn't even beat Cell and he needed fusion with Vegeta to overcome Omega Shenron.

SPEED

Superman - Faster then a speeding bullet? WRONG! it is a fact that Supes is 99% the speed of light, that amount of speed on Goku's body would tear him to shreads. It is a fact that Superman is fast enough to be in two places at once! Yes, Goku can instant transmission but this is not infact instant, as it has shown numerous times him traveling through the IT dimension (which basically just has a pretty big time difference to our dimension)

Goku - Slower then Gotenks who took a few minutes to fly around the entire planet, Supes has the ability to alter the Time Space continuem.

PUNCHES

Superman - Can punch a hole in the universe

Goku - Couldn't even punch a hole through Brolly

MORTALITY

Superman - Ages slower, can survive in space, is immune to diseases, infections etc and does not bleed except for punctures made from kryptonite.

Goku - Techniqually dies of a fatal heart disease (if it weren't for Trunk's time travel) Basically Goku is not immune to diseases and infections, much less life span.

STRENGTH

Superman - It is a fact Superman at his best can lift over 40 Billion tons (juggle planets, alter time etc)

Goku - Struggles with 50 ton

ENERGY

Superman - Gains energy from the sun, his body is like a battery. The only thing that causes his energy and life force to drop at a fatal rate is Kryptonite, anything else would take too long and it would deteriate in time before killing Superman. Superman's exposure to sunlight energizes him.

Goku - Goku gains energy from sleeping, training (per say), eating and absorbtion. Just as easy as Goku can gain this energy, he can lose it. Just from battling, running or even just flying around, his energy is also like a battery, only it is harder to charge and easier to empty. Make sense?

ABILITIES:

Superman - Laser eyes! wooh! It is a fact the heat he blasts from his eyes are enough to melt ANY substance in the universe, it could cut that Z Sword like it was butter. Supes can freeze anything with his breath, providing he has the time to blow, he can bring any moving object to an icey hault.

Telekenesis: things within his Telekenesis range (roughly arms length) are movable by his mind (explains why he can fly).

X-Ray vision: he can see through anything other then lead (not too usefull).

Goku - The amount of moves and special powers Son Goku has would require a few pages to list, so we'll stick to the basics. Kamehameha! The world's most famous energy (ki) manipulating power move! It can litterally destroy planets. So what!? Supes can survive a blast that can destroy half a galaxy, which makes you wonder, is the Kamehameha even powerful to penetrate Superman (who can take a bullet to the eyeball lol) Whose to say an energy blast wouldn't be absorbed by Supes. I would assume that the majority of energy gathered from Goku would be from the sun, everything else around him would just die otherwise...

So Goku can go SSJ4, big woop, he would slap Supes around a fair bit, but would he damage or even hurt superman, no. As long as the sun is there, Superman lives forever. Kryptonite is un-usable because it is not one of Goku's abilities.

SPEED AGAIN

Everyone seems to think Goku would take the cake on speed because of his instant transmission, but the truth is, Goku cannot I.T. somewhere without sensing a KI energy of where he's going (depending on how far away). Considering 99% speed of light: thats over 296 794 533 m/s and probably accelerating. It would be a plain miracle if Goku could land a single hit on Superman.

MISC

NOT The Human Body - Goku bleeds... Superman does not (again except for doomsday but that is explained)

Willpower - Goku takes the cake on this one. Goku, no matter what, no matter how hard it gets, will not never no way no how give up. Superman has been made volnerable by his heart and love for loise lane. he has been drivin to social isolation and depression to the point where he gives up his powers to be with the one he loves. This is possibly Superman's only weakness along with Kryptonite, Magic and Batman (yes you read correct, read bellow)

Superman vs. Batman - I know it's not what this thread is about but i'll bring it up anyway, in the Supes vs the Bat comics, Batman actually beats superman, silly isn't it. Supes could just laser his head off.

Magic!? - In the justic league series, Wonder Woman's magic sword cuts superman. Superman has no use for magic, and the only sign of magic from Goku is making 135 bowls of noodles, soup and rice disapear.

OUTCOME - By way of 1 vs 1, Peek performance vs. Peek performance etc. Superman is too fast to be hit, is too tough to be damaged, is to inpenatrable to bleed. Goku can fire energy blasts, which will most likely not damamge Supes, for his energy is from the sun, which Goku will not destroy because of the humans living on earth. Superman grabs Goku around the waste, and with all his might holds hime tight. Takes him out into space and then suffocates him. Sorry Dbz fans, I like Goku but this is just the way it is.

Call me a fanboy, call me arrogant but most of all dammit call me right!

Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Agony

Batman through the years of Movies/shows
 by trauma

Through there years batman has had it's ups and downs. Sure most of the names of the shows are batman. But, usually there is always atleast one good thing about each batman. Whether you like their costumes or the villains in the movie. So we will take a blast into the past and look at when the Batman first hit the television and theaters.

Batman
1943: This may not be the best batman too watch but, it is a very special moment. It is when Batman made his first television appearance. Sure its not all this and all that but, its a series that left a mark for the future for the batman on the television

Batman and Robin
1949: Alright this was one of the real low budget movies of batman. The costumes were alittle big and not right. They didn't utility belts and well its just was not good. This is one of the batmans that might have been alright back then if you look at it. But the script was just alittle messed up.

Batman

1966: Looks like The Batman had made a disapearance from the media. But. a couple years past and this masterpiece came out. This was just a great show. So the batman had eyebrows on his mask but, they got the costumes right and hey even the batmobile kinda came out. They got batmans utility belt right and to make it even better they had a bunch of great villains. I can honetly say that when it still comes on tv once awhile i will watch it. Adam west just did a great job.

Batman
1966: Now during the Batman show going on with Adam west they had an idea. They would make a movie based off of the Adam west Batman. This movie was in color and everything. Costumes were improved alittle and three great villains were in it. The joker, The riddler, and the penquin. This was a pretty good year for the Batman.

Batman
1989: The finally got the Batman Costume right! This is with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson. This was a great movie where if you didn't see it that you had missed a really big part of the batman movies. This showed a good a good quality part of what happened to the Joker. Jack made a cool Joker and i wasn't disapointed with this movie at all. Kim Basinger hit the vicki part great!

Batman Returns
1992: Keaton is back! They decided to bring back Keaton in what turned out to be another great movie.  They needed to pick two new villains andI think they pick two great ones. Catwoman and the Penquin.  Both did a great job in the movie and Danny DeVito made a great Penquin. His acting skills and looks just went with the part. It had a cool story and dark look to it making it one of the better batman movies.

Batman the animated series
1992: Alright this was one of the animated series but, it was worth mentioning. This batman series was just great! I loved watching them. They just brought out some cool factors in the series. They had almost all the villains and some hardcore episodes. You get to see the batman's hero Grey Ghost. Just a great animated series. The best in my opinion.

Batman Forever
1995: This was an ok Batman movie. Not as many people liked Val Kilmer as Batman. Also a thing that was kinda wierd was adding nipples to the batman costume and when i saw that it was a big flaw in his costume. Now i thought the Robin was a great addition. Chris O'Donnell I thought made a great Robin he had the look and the cool in him for it. Another thing to point out was Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey. While not many liked the two face I didn't think it was half bad and i thought the Riddler was great! Funny and smart which is what the Riddler is all about.

Batman And Robin
1997: Not alot of people actually liked this movie. I was one of the few who did. While George Clooney didn't do as great as he was made out to do I still kinda enjoyed the movie. I love Bane and Mr.Freeze in the movie. I thought is cool that they brought some heavy hitters out into the movie including Posion Ivy. While not many liked it I still thought there were some cool scenes and the batgirl part was pretty good.

Batman Begins
2005: This was a good movie! It showed the begining of the Batman. It was dark and had some kick butt action. The batmobile became this big black tank! Christian Bale made a great Batman. He had the looks for it and was in physical shape. They had Ra's Al Ghoul and The Scarecrow. Now i thought they picked two great actors for both villains and they both made those parts great. This was a movie worth all the money spent on it including when it has the League of Shadows in it!

The Dark Knight
2008: Now this is one if not the best Batman movies yet. The batsuit was a perfect and the story was great but, what really got me was The JOKER! Heath Ledger was the best villain out of any hero movie I have seen yet. With his death he went out with a bang. God bless his family and i couldn't imagine what they went through. He made a giant impact on any future hero movies. Two Face was also a great part and well I can honestly say this was a great Batman movie.

This is a tribute to all the Batman movies and the hard work that went into them.

Batman has been a overall big hit the the theaters.

r.i.p. Heath Ledger

Trauma

hope you enjoyed

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By sora_thekey
Added by sora_thekey on Sept. 10, 2008 | edit | delete

This post relates to: Marvel Universe

Yesterday I answered the question of what Comic Book TV Show would be good for us too see 

This was my original answer to the question What comic series would 'work' as an ongoing tv show? :

It would have to be a big budget but think about it....
Season 1
Season 1
Season 2
Season 2
Season 3
Season 3
Season 4
Season 4

What do you think?

Any other season that should be added?

Maybe Endengered Species or a Galactus storyline

Cool huh!

Who would be the actors?

I wanted to expand a little on it so I got to thinking how it would be sorted out.

If you think a bout it a lot of shows are popular now because of : good storytelling, large cast, and good effects. Take Lost, Heroes and Smallville.

Now here would be the good plot:

To start off we need origins so for maybe the first 3 episodes have a FF Origin and a huge fight
To start off we need origins so for maybe the first 3 episodes have a FF Origin and a huge fight
Spidey would need a starting point. Say.... 2 episodes
Spidey would need a starting point. Say.... 2 episodes
Now these episodes would be a little diffrent since there's a big cast all on it's own. It starts out as the original five X-Men and as a starting point it would Giant Size with the introduction of Wolverine, Storm, Collosus, Nightcrawler and Shadowcat
Now these episodes would be a little diffrent since there's a big cast all on it's own. It starts out as the original five X-Men and as a starting point it would Giant Size with the introduction of Wolverine, Storm, Collosus, Nightcrawler and Shadowcat

The X-Men episodes would have to be like 5 so it can introduce not with the origins but just say OK here's the next step of evolution. I added Shadowcat because since this is the starting point it would be to hard to go back to origins after the really good stories arrise.

5 Episodes of these
5 Episodes of these
Thes guys will need another 5 episodes maybe not sow a lot of eah of it's origins it would be hoe they came together. They find Cap and the rest get a verbal explanation of each. From here on the things would start big as Secret War events would begin for the last 8 episodes even cross over to the second season with a cliffhanger. SHIELD would have to be introduced for a whole two episodes. From there we would do an Illuminanti thing along with Kree Skrull war for maybe the first twelve episodes. Have a Galactus arrival with the Silver Surfer and everything for the next 6 episodes inclouding the addition of Ms. Marvel Spider-Woman For the last 4 episoodes The X-Men get a little more imortant as the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver join the Avengers and then the whole "I'm not Crazy!!!" thing between the Avengers and X-Men would start. The cliffhanger would have to be Wanda's break out.

Now from here on we start House of M for the whole Season 3

Civil War for Season 4 have then a season for reprecusion of Civil War  and House of M, even include Endengered Species in there and for the sith Season we have Secret Invasion
and if we start the series now in five years I will have more things to work at for the next 5 seasons. I mean come on it would be even more popular than Friendsit will last for at least 12 seasons.

Cool huh!
If only it were true....

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

everyone brings out the big guns

Lill Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lill Arrow

Waves and sits on top of his blog eatting a cookie.

MY FIRST BLOG AS A VINE MEMBER WHO EATS COOKIES.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By Final Arrow
Thought I would throw this up in here 1 as an entry two as a reminder to those who may not have entered this.

Writing Contest ends the 29th of septemebr Blog.

Okay so I was thinking lets have some fun. I was wanting to see what you guys can do so hear is the idea its simple really. You take a fairy tale e.g. Little red ridding hood or Jack and the bean stalk or what ever you want you post in here what one you are taking and you turn it into something new something with feeling with your own twist maybe even have your heroes in it.

This will run to the end of September the prize will be the issue of the first ultimate fantastic four arch. that means Issue one for you lovely collectors. I may throw in a runners up prize but I just want you guys to let lose and show the whole vine what you got so come on I know your out there looking at this wondering should i enter and I ask you this WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE.

Now there will be a panel of judges not just you and myself will have to the end of the month then the top three will be put to a vote so that the viners can pick the winner. So get cracking people.

Please post the story in the fan fic threads then pop the link on the thread below.

You Know what if we get enough people I will throw in 2 runner up prizes not sure what yet maybe some original titans stuff will look to see what I have spare.

Arrow.(lets make writing Fun)

Pirzes

1: First arch of Ultimate FF 4 issues. Fables issuse and a Jack of Fables Trade paper back.

2. Random Array of 10-12 comics ranging from Old Teen titans up to Agent X

3. Again random mix of 5 -6 comics

To enter post your choice of fairy tale in the thread link below. Any question Pm me.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/contests/6/writters-contestwin-ultimate-fantastic-four-fisrt-arch/30336/?page=last#reply_form

Crazy Harry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By Crazy Harry
Lill Arrow said:
"Waves and sits on top of his blog eatting a cookie.

MY FIRST BLOG AS A VINE MEMBER WHO EATS COOKIES.

HI

My name is Lil Arrow pet to Last Arrow I have come to find my master and thought I would put down my thoughts. Now if your wondering how I can type then I have no clue myself just be happy that I can and that you can read what im thinking . Cookies are good I don’t know if you know this but subway cookies are best I had some to day and they are awesome and G’Bandit gave me SODA I like SODA it makes the world all slow……..But there not as good as cookies. I been hanging out with Reedhead she gives me cookies I like her and she rubs between my ears and she is nice to me, Not like Kiara she burnt my tail she was mean I almost cried but Cookies made it better. I made another new friend called DC he likes cookies to but he eats a lot more then me cause im this small. Oh you cant see me spreading my arms to show but I am. He shares cookies as well he is nice.

Well I better go and figure out how I can type.

COOKIES RULE.

p.s. MY FIRST BLOG IM ALL COOKIED OUT.

"
VOTES FOR HIS LIL BUDDIES BLOG!!
Zonza Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zonza Lee
cpt_linger said:
"Something that I am passionate about!

OK! all you peeps saying Kakarot would finish the great Kal El with ease are clearly going off the wrong knowledge. You're all probably going off that pussy ass Dean Caine, Christopher Reeves and Brandon Routh BS when the fact of the matter is this... 

---------------------------All the following are based off the Superman Comics + Movies + Series, DBZ Anime Series (Goku without the help of his fellow peers (NO fusion, NO sensu beans, NO hyberbolic time chamber etc and Superman WITHOUT the help of his JLA mates and... Lois Lame)) ---------------------------

DEATHS

Superman
- Dies once at the hands of Doomsday due to Brute force and strength, however this was only created because Superman had no opponent that could defeat him. The man is literally impenatrable excluding kryptonite. Remembering Doomsday was built for an eternity of destruction and Superman DID infact kill him too. Doomsday has no biological "off-button" where-as Goku requires food and sleep (Something else Superman does not require)

Goku - Dies like 5 times in the DBZ series. ALSO in each saga he requires the help of his buddies to overcome the enemy. He beats freiza cuz krillin dies and he has a fit, he beats Buu with a Genki Dama (Spirit Bomb) which can only hurt those without a pure heart (useless against Supes), he didn't even beat Cell and he needed fusion with Vegeta to overcome Omega Shenron.

SPEED

Superman - Faster then a speeding bullet? WRONG! it is a fact that Supes is 99% the speed of light, that amount of speed on Goku's body would tear him to shreads. It is a fact that Superman is fast enough to be in two places at once! Yes, Goku can instant transmission but this is not infact instant, as it has shown numerous times him traveling through the IT dimension (which basically just has a pretty big time difference to our dimension)

Goku - Slower then Gotenks who took a few minutes to fly around the entire planet, Supes has the ability to alter the Time Space continuem.

PUNCHES

MORTALITY

Superman - Ages slower, can survive in space, is immune to diseases, infections etc and does not bleed except for punctures made from kryptonite.

Goku - Techniqually dies of a fatal heart disease (if it weren't for Trunk's time travel) Basically Goku is not immune to diseases and infections, much less life span.

STRENGTH

Superman - It is a fact Superman at his best can lift over 40 Billion tons (juggle planets, alter time etc)

ENERGY

Superman - Gains energy from the sun, his body is like a battery. The only thing that causes his energy and life force to drop at a fatal rate is Kryptonite, anything else would take too long and it would deteriate in time before killing Superman. Superman's exposure to sunlight energizes him.

Goku - Goku gains energy from sleeping, training (per say), eating and absorbtion. Just as easy as Goku can gain this energy, he can lose it. Just from battling, running or even just flying around, his energy is also like a battery, only it is harder to charge and easier to empty. Make sense?

ABILITIES:

Superman - Laser eyes! wooh! It is a fact the heat he blasts from his eyes are enough to melt ANY substance in the universe, it could cut that Z Sword like it was butter. Supes can freeze anything with his breath, providing he has the time to blow, he can bring any moving object to an icey hault.

Telekenesis: things within his Telekenesis range (roughly arms length) are movable by his mind (explains why he can fly).

Goku - The amount of moves and special powers Son Goku has would require a few pages to list, so we'll stick to the basics. Kamehameha! The world's most famous energy (ki) manipulating power move! It can litterally destroy planets. So what!? Supes can survive a blast that can destroy half a galaxy, which makes you wonder, is the Kamehameha even powerful to penetrate Superman (who can take a bullet to the eyeball lol) Whose to say an energy blast wouldn't be absorbed by Supes. I would assume that the majority of energy gathered from Goku would be from the sun, everything else around him would just die otherwise...

So Goku can go SSJ4, big woop, he would slap Supes around a fair bit, but would he damage or even hurt superman, no. As long as the sun is there, Superman lives forever. Kryptonite is un-usable because it is not one of Goku's abilities.

SPEED AGAIN

Everyone seems to think Goku would take the cake on speed because of his instant transmission, but the truth is, Goku cannot I.T. somewhere without sensing a KI energy of where he's going (depending on how far away). Considering 99% speed of light: thats over 296 794 533 m/s and probably accelerating. It would be a plain miracle if Goku could land a single hit on Superman.

MISC

NOT The Human Body - Goku bleeds... Superman does not (again except for doomsday but that is explained)

Willpower - Goku takes the cake on this one. Goku, no matter what, no matter how hard it gets, will not never no way no how give up. Superman has been made volnerable by his heart and love for loise lane. he has been drivin to social isolation and depression to the point where he gives up his powers to be with the one he loves. This is possibly Superman's only weakness along with Kryptonite, Magic and Batman (yes you read correct, read bellow)

Superman vs. Batman - I know it's not what this thread is about but i'll bring it up anyway, in the Supes vs the Bat comics, Batman actually beats superman, silly isn't it. Supes could just laser his head off.

Magic!? - In the justic league series, Wonder Woman's magic sword cuts superman. Superman has no use for magic, and the only sign of magic from Goku is making 135 bowls of noodles, soup and rice disapear.

OUTCOME - By way of 1 vs 1, Peek performance vs. Peek performance etc. Superman is too fast to be hit, is too tough to be damaged, is to inpenatrable to bleed. Goku can fire energy blasts, which will most likely not damamge Supes, for his energy is from the sun, which Goku will not destroy because of the humans living on earth. Superman grabs Goku around the waste, and with all his might holds hime tight. Takes him out into space and then suffocates him. Sorry Dbz fans, I like Goku but this is just the way it is.

"

You know what "You are Right!" but at the same time Superman is a very cheap character so I have compiled a list off the top of my head of people who could pown him.

First : Ichigo, Byakuya, Renji, Aizen, Toshiro, Kisuke, Uluqiorra, Grimmjow, (insert most everyone else from Bleach). This is because none of Superman's attacks could hurt them. All his attacks are physical damage none of them do spiritual damage which is require to hurt a Soulreaper. Plus Ichigo could probably beat him in speed in Bankai form.

Second: Though I don't like Naruto, anyone who can use the gental fist technique could kill him pretty easily since those attacks skip the skin and muscle and go straight for the internal organs.

Third: Overlords Laharl, Zetta, Micky, God of Destruction Alexander, Zenon (the real one), Adell, and Baal. Learn to cut dimensions and call me in the morning. (note: the list is actually larger but I'm lazy)

Finally: Sephiroth! Enough said.
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sora_thekey

Ultimatum gets even more complicated than before

I just read Ultimate X-Men/ Ultimate Fantastic Four Annual #1
Could it have gotten any more confusing. If you haven't read it maybe I should warn people: SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

See the plot of it all is that the future X-Men want to chenge the future by killing Mr. Fantastic from the past. When they figure out a guy who can stretch can't be killed so they kidnaped him. The rest of the FF go to the present X-Men for help, they get it.

I'm stopping there to do head count.
Future X-Men:

Future X-Men
Future X-Men

Capatain America who ends up being Scott because Cap, Jean and Cyclops in the future get their powers taken away so Capages 100 years and Scott takes the name and costume idea and everything

Wolverine who ends up being a future sentinel (Yeah don't ask me I didn't write it)

Rouge has not much change except that she and Wolverine love each other

Shadowcat can make herself more dense so she's stronger lighter so she can fly and she can shoot spider webs.

Phoenix is Franklin Richards and somehow he is also Phoenix. 

Future Fantastic Four:

Sue

Namor

Firestar

Maybe Thing or Iron Man in a Hulkbuster suit who knows

It's confusing yes why is this being done who knows but the second part better have answered questions as in why is this happening.

To end it Rouge dies, Cap/ Scott dies, Phoenix has some serious problems with his dad all while in the future Reed meets the future FF (Row call is up there) and Future Iceman gets cptured by Sentinels.

What is Ultimatum all about????

It's all good!?!?

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/sora_thekey/ultimately-confusing/87-35521/

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sora_thekey

A little 616y don´t cha think
A little 616y don´t cha think

Wizard got this sketch. Does it mean an Ultimates 4 or a reappearing of Spider-Woman in USM?

No one knows but with the whole Ultimatum going around don´t be surprised to see Jessica appear in Ultimatum.

Also in Comic-Con it was said that a Post-Ultimatum Ultimates series would come out so does it mean its Últimates 4 or an on-going series?

Questions arrise while marching toward Ultimatum....

Note: I´m no expert on this but isn´t the logo on this Ultimate Spider-Woman the 616 Black Widow logo?

Maybe it´s not Ultimate Jessica Drew behind the costume but Natasha instead since this (images below) was a sketch for Ultimates 3 and other than Mystique we haven´t seen her.... Was this sketch only made for Mystique rather than Natasha?

What´s with the tatoo that´s new! Maybe she was hagning around Ultimate Dazzler
What´s with the tatoo that´s new! Maybe she was hagning around Ultimate Dazzler
This is Mystique FYI
This is Mystique FYI

Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Agony

To all of the soldiers and for the memory of 911

In comics there has been alot of characters that have made history in the armed forces and served in the army of comics. I doing to this to show how heroes of the army, marines, navy and all of the other armed forces have influenced comics and that we still remeber those soldiers and 911.

Sgt.Rock- Sgt. Rock is one of the biggest war comic book hero. He has been shown to be a rough and tough man in the comics. But, still shows love to his team to show brother hood. He Showed alot in the comics and kept is a influence to me in comics of my dream of going into the armed forces.

Captian America- A true soldier! Another huge inspiration to me in the comics. He served his country and was like a symbol of America. In the comics he served his country like a true man just like everyone in the armed forces today. He fought for what he believed in and just like our soldiers he had heart.

General Hawk- Being the leader of the GI Joe team wasn't the only great thing about Hawk. No he cared for each soldier like they were family similar to our Army, Marine, Navy, ect... leaders. Each one of those soldiers were somethin special to him. He became the leader of one of the most known army teams ever in comics!

Nick Fury- Nick was a veteran of war. He led another great team of soldiers. He believes in what most soldiers believe in. One the country comes first. Two respect and honor. Three team work and brotherhood. This is how he became the great leader of shield. He was a truely great soldier in comics and in the readers mind.

Bucky Barnes- Bucky was the loyal sidekick of Steve Rogers. He sacrificed his life against the nazi's in the comics as the soldiers did against Saddam Hussien. He was a loyal and loving person and fought hard and never gave up in comics he was just starting out and yet he still showed to be a great soldier. He has now become one of the symbols for America in comics and that is Captian America.

I wrote this so people will never forget what the soldiers have done for America and to remember all of the people who died during 911 and to give thanks to all of the fire fighters who pulled together. We will never forget you guys and will always remember those who died.

We will always remember you

Trauma

Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Agony
Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Calvin
Hi
Here's my blog! 

The Story of History

"What are you doing?"

“What are you doing?” – I recall this question, since I can remember myself.  – My mother, in particularly is asking me this question for a long time.

I not like she can’t see what I’m doing or that she is unable to comprehend what I’m doing. This is one of those questions. You ask what, when you really want to know why! – And don’t try to explain this to your mother when she asks you “what are you doing?” – really, believe me that would not make things any better.

“Why?” is the really true question?

But when people ask you “why” just tell them when and how.

Tell them where it all began.

Man of Tomorow
Man of Tomorow
For instance if I was to tell the Comic’s History I wouldn’t stat in the previous century. Neither in the Egyptian art, or in any other classic/pre-classic civilizations. – I would go straight to the cradle.  

I’ll go to that night were a man felt that words weren’t just enough, and so  he use colors and forms , painted on a wall – and those mans gathered around that fire initiate something.  

And so thousands years past – when nobody ever had heard of that man and History had forgotten all his words, and even his language – the images were there. They’re still there and haven’t failed that man, and they haven’t failed us either. Even death was unable to erase his thoughts – and those people, fathers of everyone who ever was – couldn’t see it, but what they set off that night, never stopped, and it still grows today.

Because under all those stars… they dreamt. What they saw, how knows? But it must have been just as amazing as dreaming about man over populate earth, built towns, cities, empires, travel over so far lands, oceans, skies and even stars!

Only some remembered those dreams, only a few hold on to those dreams. But those “impossible” dreams let to the invention of the wheel, the agriculture, the mathematic, the writing, the science itself. Those dreams are the foundations of cities, entire cultures and civilizations! Those dreams build Today and dreams will build Tomorrow.

We ComicViners, we fellow readers, collectors and fans in general, we and all the writers, penciler and inkers – we who dare to dream – we hold Tomorrow’s.

So if somebody asks you “why?” why do you read comics, you tell that person that the yesterday’s dreamers built Today and the today’s dreamers will build Tomorrow.

And who knows fellow ComicViners in so many years from now on maybe some flying men will came to Earth to enjoy some summer vacations, and read about what the 21 century people called a website, and maybe, maybe they’ll read about me and you, in the ComicVine’s forums.

Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Agony
Top Five best comic based movie villains

There have been alot of movies that have been based off great comics of the world. Some not as good but, others great. But, as everyone knows what makes a great hero or comic based movie is a villain. Without a villain there is no action and no purpose. Almost all of your greatest hero movies have a villain. Im going to tell you the top five best villains out of several hero movies. You will know most of them and if you don't then you will want to know them. Some of them are funny and well some just crazy. Im now going to reveal Trauma's top five movie villains.

5. Abomination

Abomination from the 2008 Incredible Hulk played by Tim Roth was great. He was just one bad dude you did not want to mess with. The way he tried to take on hulk even without the power of Abomination was great. When he did turn into Abomination it took him to another level and the way he worked in the movie was fantastic. His body movements went with the character and his personality did too. This was one great villain to help make this movie even better. So great job Tim Roth your preformance was a great one.

4.Bullseye

Bullseye played by Colin Farrel was one of the best villain characters in a not so good movie. He played the character so well that it made me like DareDevil. He was funny,bad, and just sick at the same time. His preformance was one i will never forget. He was sick and twisted and yet just his actions amazed you. He became the character and thats what all actors need to do. For a not so good movie Colin made the most of it. I will tell you the motorcycle scene will just be in my head forever making him in this top five.

3. Magneto

Ian McKellen was Magneto! I felt he could have been straight in the comic. He had the look for the part and also just the skills to become the Magneto of the real world. His preformance was a great one. The way he showed his hatred towards the human race and his speeches during the movies made it even better. Being Magneto for three movies must have been hard but, he pulled it off. What he did was took the great comic book villain and made him real.

2. Green Goblin

In my thought the best Spiderman movie number one it had a kick butt villain.  Willem Dafoe made this movie really pop. Placing him as one of the best super villains a movie could ask for. He was sophisticated in the beginning and became the crazy masked villain in a matter of seconds. This made me love Green Goblin again. The costume looked amazing on him and his voice went well with the character. He is definetly one of my favorite villain actors yet. You couldn't ask for a better preformance.

1. The Joker

Yes from the latest movie the Dark Knight Heath ledger takes number one. His preformance was the best villain acting in a hero movie i have ever seen yet. He became the joker and made it into his own style. Still though it was almost like he was the exact joker that came from the comics. His material was great and the way he moved his body was perfect for the role. As you know he has passed away but, he went out with a bang. Without him the Dark Knight wouldn't have been nearly as good as it turned out to be. This is a great actor using his skills to make a role come to life.

R.i.p. Heath Ledger

Hope you all liked this cause i gave my true opinion so hoped you all liked it.

Trauma
Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Agony
DHU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#33  Edited By DHU
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34  Edited By Final Arrow
What should be said and what will be done are two totally difrrent things.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

I agree with that Arrow!

lady_redhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lady_redhead
I was going to write this on Arrows blog but i thought why not start my own...

The lack female mods is actually something that has bothered me before.. i was unnaware it bothered Arrow otherwise i would have said something about it to him.
This place is heavily male users as G-man said in Arrows blog but my question is the same as Arrows.. why are there not more female mods? or Admin? I know a lot of the running of this place comes down to friends who know each other in Admin etc and i love these guys for creating this site. The thing that bugs me is that there is not more of a balance on here, I have seen the male mods make "saucy" comments at female vine users, for me that has no bother i can hold my own, but i wonder about the other females on this site. I would very much like to see an equal number of female mods, i know we have one already i have met her she seemed lovely, but i have not seen her since. I know that a major player on this site, a female who is caring and lovely to all members of this site, has been looked over many times for modship and i am puzzled by this. Granted i may be bias as she is my dear friend but i honestly think she would do a great job. I also know another dear friend of mine would make a great mod but he is looked over and judged for his opinons.. but that is for him to fight not me.

I have seen so much sexism on this site it has disgusted me more than once, i have rarely seen the mods step in. I would like to see a female moderater to stand up for this sort of stuff, i know that the male mods will step in if we ask but should there not be a balanced represenation? Should we females not have someone we can go too when we are being sexually harrassed on here? i know there has been incidents of it and i for one have no problem going to Methos about it but i would think there are females on this site who perhaps DO NOT want to go to a male in power to discuss this sort of thing. I know that Kate Sith is a female mod, but how many other girls do? can we go to her with issues? or is it mainly Methos and Gambler that do the threads?

We females need a mod who we can go to with issues that are of a sensitive nature, and it is wrong there is not more of them.

I think we need a much more balanced representation on this site and i for one would feel more comfortable.
Kate Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#37  Edited By Kate Sith

Reply to Redhead's blog (can't get onto your page :( it's not letting me or I'd reply there):

You are absolutely right, how many people do know that I'm a full blown mod?  Up until a day or so ago, I was only a wiki mod and when people came to me (and they did), I was unable to help them.  But as of this moment, I am a full forum mod.  If anyone has any problems whatsoever, please feel free to PM me.  I have, as G-man pointed out in Arrow's blog, been unavailable due to personal, offsite issues, but I will do my best to be on more and more as the weeks and months move forward.  You are right again, we need more female mods.  We need more people available who can address the sensitive issues that female users may not wish to bring to the Admin directly.  I would venture that it is unlikely that we will get a female Admin, simply because the Admin are mainly responsible for the maintenance and development of the coding of the site as well as the smooth running of the forums, but I would welcome the day that the Admin circle welcome a female into their midst.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Kate Sith said:
"Reply to Redhead's blog (can't get onto your page :( it's not letting me or I'd reply there):

You are absolutely right, how many people do know that I'm a full blown mod?  Up until a day or so ago, I was only a wiki mod and when people came to me (and they did), I was unable to help them.  But as of this moment, I am a full forum mod.  If anyone has any problems whatsoever, please feel free to PM me.  I have, as G-man pointed out in Arrow's blog, been unavailable due to personal, offsite issues, but I will do my best to be on more and more as the weeks and months move forward.  You are right again, we need more female mods.  We need more people available who can address the sensitive issues that female users may not wish to bring to the Admin directly.  I would venture that it is unlikely that we will get a female Admin, simply because the Admin are mainly responsible for the maintenance and development of the coding of the site as well as the smooth running of the forums, but I would welcome the day that the Admin circle welcome a female into their midst."
You could get to her page by changing mistress to lady :)
Desilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Desilation
Mistress Redhead said:
" I was going to write this on Arrows blog but i thought why not start my own...

The lack female mods is actually something that has bothered me before.. i was unnaware it bothered Arrow otherwise i would have said something about it to him.
This place is heavily male users as G-man said in Arrows blog but my question is the same as Arrows.. why are there not more female mods? or Admin? I know a lot of the running of this place comes down to friends who know each other in Admin etc and i love these guys for creating this site. The thing that bugs me is that there is not more of a balance on here, I have seen the male mods make "saucy" comments at female vine users, for me that has no bother i can hold my own, but i wonder about the other females on this site. I would very much like to see an equal number of female mods, i know we have one already i have met her she seemed lovely, but i have not seen her since. I know that a major player on this site, a female who is caring and lovely to all members of this site, has been looked over many times for modship and i am puzzled by this. Granted i may be bias as she is my dear friend but i honestly think she would do a great job. I also know another dear friend of mine would make a great mod but he is looked over and judged for his opinons.. but that is for him to fight not me.

I have seen so much sexism on this site it has disgusted me more than once, i have rarely seen the mods step in. I would like to see a female moderater to stand up for this sort of stuff, i know that the male mods will step in if we ask but should there not be a balanced represenation? Should we females not have someone we can go too when we are being sexually harrassed on here? i know there has been incidents of it and i for one have no problem going to Methos about it but i would think there are females on this site who perhaps DO NOT want to go to a male in power to discuss this sort of thing. I know that Kate Sith is a female mod, but how many other girls do? can we go to her with issues? or is it mainly Methos and Gambler that do the threads?

We females need a mod who we can go to with issues that are of a sensitive nature, and it is wrong there is not more of them.

I think we need a much more balanced representation on this site and i for one would feel more comfortable."

i agree with that
Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Agony

Comic and Manga Deaths

Alright when i read a comic of course i want someone to die but, it is the fear of that villain or hero you really like may die. I almost wish they have a vote for who will die but, at the same time that keeps the mystery out of it. But, when certain hero's die or those certain villains it's almost like wow i will most likely never see them again maybe in a flash back. It's actually really upsetting when i see a character i really liked die. I know comics woudn't be all cool and stuff if there weren't any but, still. here is some examples of deaths that i felt horrible after.

Spike Spiegel

Yea if you remember one of the few cowboy's left Spike then you know that his death was a horrible day. He was a true fighter and when he fought all of those guys and still managed to out draw Vicious was amazing. When i saw him die i really felt bad knowing that i wasn't going to be able to read about him anymore. His story was so interesting and just kept you on edge when reading it.

Captian America

So the captian has died many times before right? Well this latest death feels so different. When they showed his body and picked a new Captian i thought to myself he won't be coming back and if he does it will be awhile from now. Though yes i do like Bucky he is just not Steve. Steve was one of those guys you couldn't help but, love. He was the original and nothing replaces the original. It was the death of a true soldier.

Sabretooth

This is an example of a villain that had died and really upset me. This was wolverines true arch enemy. No others really compare to the hatred they had for each other. Sabretooth gave fights that would be remembered by everyone. Now that he is dead you won't see those fights between them. Almost like he was the guy you said you hated because he kept coming back but, now he isn't there anymore you want him back. They said it could be an imposter but, for right now Sabretooth is dead.

The point of this was to show that you may like a hero or villain but, they won't always be around and to appreciate what they have added to the comics. Not to just take for granted that the creator hasn't killed them off yet. Because i tell you one thing if they bring back steve ten or twenty years from now I will be happy to see him. Even if you don't like some of the characters that died they helped add to a story. Like i said i wish i could almost choose who dies and who lives but, hey im just going to read my favorite comics that include my favorite heroes and villains and enjoy what they helped create.

Hope you enjoyed

Trauma

Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Agony
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sora_thekey

Here are the links to my blogs:

Marvel TV Show:

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By cpt_linger
Zonza Lee said:
"cpt_linger said:
"Something that I am passionate about!

DEATHS

Superman

SPEED

PUNCHES

MORTALITY

STRENGTH

ENERGY

ABILITIES:

SPEED AGAIN

MISC

"

You know what "You are Right!" but at the same time Superman is a very cheap character so I have compiled a list off the top of my head of people who could pown him.

First : Ichigo, Byakuya, Renji, Aizen, Toshiro, Kisuke, Uluqiorra, Grimmjow, (insert most everyone else from Bleach). This is because none of Superman's attacks could hurt them. All his attacks are physical damage none of them do spiritual damage which is require to hurt a Soulreaper. Plus Ichigo could probably beat him in speed in Bankai form.

Second: Though I don't like Naruto, anyone who can use the gental fist technique could kill him pretty easily since those attacks skip the skin and muscle and go straight for the internal organs.

Third: Overlords Laharl, Zetta, Micky, God of Destruction Alexander, Zenon (the real one), Adell, and Baal. Learn to cut dimensions and call me in the morning. (note: the list is actually larger but I'm lazy)

Finally: Sephiroth! Enough said."
cool
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gmanfromheck

It wasn't easy.  I hated having to choose a wiener.  Find out who won here.

New contest tomorrow!