Yeah it's on.
- Contest starts on the first Thursday of July (comics don't come out on the fourth of July holiday).
- Only two entries allowed per person per day (Entries don't roll over. You miss your two on one day, you've lost them). Additional entries don't count towards the contest, so if you want to go above and beyond: go ahead, but past your FIRST TWO it won't give you more chance of winning.
- To call dibs on a comic simply leave a message on the appropriate forum calling dibs on either (or both) of your two books for that day. As long as you call 'em first on the forum, they are yours. If you call dibs on a book you must start working on it (do at least the short entry for it that day) or else it is fare game for someone else. Spoilers, however, can always be done later. This does not extend to things that don't exist in the system. If a character or creator is not in the system to add to the book then you can add them in after the fact, but you should work on get them submitted so that your entries are complete. More information about what constitutes a short entry comes later in this list.
- You get one raffle entry for a short entry (short entries consist of all creators listed, actual cover shot of the book, company's overview of the book, and character appearances). You may be awarded an *extra raffle* entry for doing a more detailed (spoilers) section of the bio (as a general rule of thumb this should be longer than the average overview).
- The contest will end at the end of the day on July 31st, leaving four weeks (27 days) for entries, so any member of the vine can upload a maximum of 54 books during the month of July that count towards the contest.
- Editing someone else's entries for completion is smiled upon, but will not earn you any additional points for this contest.
- Once the following Wednesday comes around the comics from the previous week will be off limits for the purposes of this contest (but are still worth adding in your spare time).
- Prizes will be drawn on August first. Since entries are raffle style just because you believe that you added the most doesn't necessarily mean you will win. All it may take to win first place is one entry.
So what will the prizes be?
First prize will win a bunch of random comics of my choosing. I mentioned a sealed PS2 game. I'll probably dig out some sealed action figures I have stored. Maybe a trade paperback or something too.
Second will get a similar package but less. I only have the one video game that's sealed. It should be a nice goodie package.
I was (I think) kinda generous last time around. I had planned on only one winner but went with three. So the comic selection should be pretty good. Again I have some #1's that I'll be throwing in. I will be throwing in some Earth X comics from Marvel (their version of Kingdom Come, I have some Captain America, Deadpool, Witchblade, Batman, Runaways comics to throw in. Also a Fullmetal Alchemist book.
As stated, it will only take one entry to win. But the more you enter, the more chances you'll have.
So this starts on Thursday. If you're able to find a shop that is open on Wednesday, any entries on that date will not count.
Be sure to post here when you add your two entries per day.