Marvel Anime DVD Giveaway

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Comics and anime, some feel they could go hand-in-hand and others feel they should remain separate. Marvel Television, Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan (SPEJ) and Madhouse have recently shown us that the two can be combined. Those with the cable network, G4, are fully aware of what these shows are like.

No Caption Provided

Each DVD includes 12 episodes and bonus features. The X-Men anime picks up with the team getting back together after they went their separate ways following the death of one of their teammates. Iron Man has Tony Stark arriving in Japan with the plan to get closer to world peace by building an Arc Reactor which will provide limitless (and free) energy to the world. Obviously his plan to retire from being Iron Man won't last long.

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have provided us with some copies to give away. We have three sets and we'll make this easy. In the comments below, tell us what Marvel character you feel is best suited for being re-imagined in an anime style. It could be any of the characters that have already received anime series or it could be one that you're hoping to see someday in this form.

• Three winners will be chosen at random.
  • One entry per person.
  • And our lawyers insist the contest is open only to those in the United States. (Yes it's a bummer but our hands are tied by all the legal red tape).
  • The contest will begin immediately and end Sunday, April 29, 2012 at midnight PT.

Here's a clip from each to whet your appetite.

I'll post my thoughts on the episodes in the next couple days.

Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cub3

I would like to see a focus on Kitty Pryde, I just really love that character and I haven't really been fond of the animated adaptations of the character yet.

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SuperShafe

I would love to see the Marvel Mangaverse version of Spider-man in an anime form. The Mangaverse spidey was one of the few characters from mangaverse that was truly interesting and since he's already in a japanese style it would be a pretty easy transition.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I think Iron Fist would be a cool superhero to have an anime for on G4 or any other network. His character is very influenced with Martial Arts and I think that fits the Anime genre very well. He is also becoming a more known hero since he is one of the main supporting characters in the Ultimate Spider-man tv show.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AlKusanagi

I would absolutely love to see the 80s New Mutants done as an series, especially with some Brett Blevins character designs since his style could be called "anime-like" before it was even a term. You get action, adventure, school life, angst, romance, and all the good stuff that would make some great episodic entertainment.

Avatar image for astonishing_arome
astonishing_arome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By astonishing_arome

I would love to see anime studios animate Spider-man and the Punisher in anime form.

BST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By BST

Ooh. I want in on this.

Blackbolt (& the Inhumans) would make for an interesting re-imagining as anime.

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By They Killed Cap!

Are these going to come up for sale anywhere? I wanna buy them.

Mr. Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mr. Fanboy

I'd like to see a Runaways anime, but then I just would like any excuse to see the Runaways get more exposure.

bsus1412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bsus1412

I would LOVE to see Iron Fist, and after what we got with Wolverine, it would be pretty easy to see the execs signing off on it. Personally, I think Daredevil vs. the Hand would be a likely adaption too. The one I would most like to see is Nova. That would just be EPIC. The writers would have complete freedom to do whatever they want.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Inverno

I am afraid of buying this and my friends fling them against the wall because they hate this series with passion. Maybe because Peter Petrelli is voicing Wolverine this time.

vicioushero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vicioushero

I'd love to see a New Avengers anime with the current line-up. Also Daredevil or a darker take on Spider-Man.

vicioushero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vicioushero

@CaioTrubat said:

I am afraid of buying this and my friends fling them against the wall because they hate this series with passion. Maybe because Peter Petrelli is voicing Wolverine this time.

lol Nathan Petrelli does the voice for Iron Man.

I'd like to see an anime of Deadpool since I doubt the movie will be happening

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Bestostero

Avengers anime assemble!!!

It could be a spinoff of Iron Man anime joining the Avengers. just like Wolverine sorta spunoff into X-Men Anime. Young Avengers would be a good choice too since anime is all about youth and young heroines.

peregrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 56

#15  Edited By peregrine

Black Cat...something about a woman in a black leather cat-costume leaping across skyscrapers just screams anime series

BlackBengal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BlackBengal

I think Doctor Strange could make a really interesting anime series. Seeing some of the magic creatures and his martial arts magic training would really fit the style.

Zghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Zghost

I would love to see Moon Knight like he has been in the series recently in anime form. I think that would be awesome.

WolfMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By WolfMonkey

At first thought I would say Wolverine. But he's been done. And done. And done. And so has Spider-Man, and so many others. Stay away from the ones who've been done a hundred times. Me, personally, I would want a Deadpool anime adaptation. I've seen plenty of anime go into that dark humor that Deadpool loves, and also a bunch of gory, brutal, carnage befitting of Deadpool. Since he's a mercenary, he's traveled all over, so the setting could easily be in Japan or anywhere else. Hell it could be everywhere else. He's got quite the supporting cast that could show up from time to time, or competing mercenaries there to steal his job. I'm not sure how they would incorporate his thought boxes, but i would love to see that done, since that sort of thing has never been done before. And i'm not talking about cutaways seen in Family Guy, Scrubs, and now Ultimate Spider-Man. Deadpool has such a range that as long as you make him brutal and funny, people all over love him. His popularity has risen so much and people have been demanding a movie adaptation, and I've been waiting for an animated adaptation. His appearances in the X-Men 90's cartoon and the X-Men anime weren't enough for me (Loved him in Hulk vs, but that was just one movie). I was excited for him to be in Wolverine and the X-Men before it got canceled. I honestly think this is an opportunity to give the fans what they deserve. Japanese anime style was almost made for a Deadpool adaptation!

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Inverno

@vicioushero said:

@CaioTrubat said:

lol Nathan Petrelli does the voice for Iron Man.

I'd like to see an anime of Deadpool since I doubt the movie will be happening

Yeah, I found him okay as Iron Man because he fits the character, but its really jarring to hear Milo Vengtmilia channeling Steven Blum as Wolverine.

Considering how Japan like to do some really wacky stuff, that is just about perfect. Even better than making a live-action movie.

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20  Edited By cobra88king8

The Avengers, and mostly The Vision are the best characters to be given an anime rendition. The Vision is a robot and would fit the aesthetic perfectly. The Avengers team would probably consist of Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, maybe Cap, and Iron man. Iron Man could bridge his anime with this avengers one (kind of like what Wolverine did for the X-men one). I say maybe Cap because I don't know how well having him in the anime would work.

sdg73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sdg73

Its all about The Incredible Hulk!!!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I shall throw my hat into the ring and say that the Beyonder would be an awesome entity to have re-imagined in an anime sort of way. Either him or The One Above All. What better way to create a mystique than to have abstract beings being done on the anime big screen? I know, I pick the top dogs but I'm just really curious to see how a jheri curl would look in anime form, or a total zombie face like the latter's seems to be. That's just my opinion though.

Silas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Silas

An anime Avengers would be awesome, but my overall preference is for Spider-Man.

birdspawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By birdspawn

I want an X-Force anime! Rick Remender's X-Force not Liefeld's.

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Man of Lengend

Deadpool obviously!! Ninja skills and Humor !!! c'mon!!

Moon Knight I think this would also be cool to see a combo of anime and Egypt stuff!!

So Deadpool and Moon Knight !!

WeaponX619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WeaponX619

Off instinct I would say Wolverine but its been done so for a female I would say X-23 because she would be perfect and male I would say Deadpool because it would be good to see a comical samurai with special guest Spider-Man

roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By roadbuster

Ironman is practically built for Japan... Super powered samurai armor providing a magic transformation with a mecha aesthetic and a red headed romantic interest. Not yet done, Hulk... Where hulking out is the new super saiyan mode.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hot_Karl

I legitimately think that a Punisher anime would be pretty awesome. He's a visceral character that a lot of American adaptations haven't gotten quite right yet, but I think the anime style & his character would mesh perfectly.

DiscoNightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DiscoNightwing

I think deadpool would be pretty cool if they go really weird with it, wild cutscenes bloody and really stylized and very funny. spiderman battling the symbiotes would also be pretty wicked but i think they could take some really cool bits of DAREDEVIL and make it Epic what with the ninja storylines and all

starz007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30  Edited By starz007

X-23!

stuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By stuffy

Would, love to see red hulk, big guns and earth shaking power....wait that is all anime. Well, I would still love to see it.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32  Edited By blur1528

I'm probably alone in this but I would like to see Hellion. I always thought Julian had great potential.

Avatar image for jim_therabidcow
jim_therabidcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jim_therabidcow

There is only one, ONE team that should, no MUST be made into a Marvel Anime, and that is NEXTWAVE.I know they are aren't the current big name in the comic, however Nextwave is the perfect team to be put into an anime. The bizarre characters and their personalities, the crazy and utter chaos battle scenes, and Machine Man acting like an anime version of Bruce Campell. I could picture nothing better for the Nextwave series is that if it got picked up for an anime series.

thehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By thehood

The Silver Surfer.

Avatar image for thesensationaldevourerofworlds
thesensationaldevourerofworlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Silver Surfer would be awesome to see in some Anime form. A lot of anime starts in the middle of the story, you don't get much back story except through flashbacks, that would be a really interesting way to show Silver Surfer. Also all the cosmic stuff would be amazing to see done in anime form.

JoEy9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JoEy9090

I think a Dead Pool anime would be really cool, I feel that anime can handle blood and gore very well. It will also have a great mix of comedy and action. I think it would be kind of like the Devil May Cry anime, which I loved.

monopolyloser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By monopolyloser

Daredevil would be awesome. All the arial stunts and combat and ninjas is straight up anime material!

BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BuddyBulson

Dazzler is the best stand alone character in the Marvel U! She would make an awesome anime, doctor doom to living lazer! it could work that the x-men are in it....

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the_fallen11

X-Force! Yost/Kyle or Remender would be AWESOME!

jjbemboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jjbemboom

I say classic New Warriors! There's plenty of potential with Firestar, Nova, Speedball, Marvel Boy, Night Thrasher, and Namorita!

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mrpandaman

Yeah I agree that Deadpool would fit the anime style since Japan I believe could match the Deadpool's wackiness and the action of the series. It could be really good.

jschambe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By jschambe

I would really like to see an Iron Fist anime adaptation. I thought that Iron Man made a lot of sense though. Mecha and anime just go well together.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By sora_thekey

While the X-Men has had various anime incarnations in the past I would like to see an anime series focusing on the school aspect of the team. The same way that Wolverine and the X-Men does.

Anime is well known for it's ninja style battles, vampire stories, mech battles and school themes. I think it would be interesting if there was an anime that would focus on the school theme at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. It would probably be reminiscent of the A Certain Scientific Railgun anime.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BatteredArmor

Black Panther is the correct choice without a doubt, his time has come. Even one of Marvel's cherished architects, specifically Jonathan Hickman, has expressed a belief that Black Panther should be one of the company's and universe's primary assets and a leader on the level of Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor. This however is not the character's current status and it is therefore the duty of Marvel to promote King T'Challa in all forms of media, not just for the benefit of the character and his fans but for there own benefit as well. The anime style of animation is perfect for Black Panther as a character for it compliments the movements of martial artist and allows excellent stealth scenes as seen in Batman Gotham Knights (a primary example of stealth in anime) as well as several popular anime today such as Naruto, Bleach, Soul Eater, and One Piece (even though these previous examples only display the potential of acrobatic martial arts and not stealth). Furthermore the majestic and exotic world of Wakanda could not be rendered more effectively in any other form of media, anime has the potential to truly capture the beauty and wonder of this remote African nation. Black Panther also has a connection to two of your three pre existing Marvel anime, as King T'Challa has a romance with the X-man Storm and has married her in the comics, while Tony Stark and Black Panther are fellow Avengers as well as both being in the list of the 10 smartest people in the world, Stark could also show interest in Wakanda's natural resource of vibranium which could facilitate a cross over. Black Panther could also serve as a route to introduce The Avengers and or The Fantastic Four into the Anime world (both deserving of the Anime treatment but not as needing as Black Panther). As something of a Manga and Anime fan myself I know that Wakandan mythology could provide an interesting mystical take on the Black Panther, that usually is approved of in the medium. I recommend referencing Afro Samurai for the production of this show (albeit less bloody and longer) and hopefully getting some of the talent involved with that to help with production. Not to over step my boundaries but I would be glad to help lay out a plot if necessary

These are but a few of the many reason why Black Panther should be made into a Anime, thank you for listening.

awesomex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By awesomex

I would like to see Colossus & Magik or Colossonaut.

jermnizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jermnizzle

I think the Hulk would make a great anime character, the stories don't have to be too deep and his rogues galleries are perfect for anime.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BatteredArmor

It annoys me that we can only make one pitch, I have like 3 or 4 more half page long proposals in me

ebonstormmc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ebonstormmc

All the hero and anti-hero characters are great, but I'd like to see an anime that focuses on a villian. I personally like Apocalypse. I think it would be interesting to see his evolution from humble orphan En Sabah Nur, to world conquering megalomaniac Apocalypse. There's potential for Egyptian episodes with Kang and Moon Knight, 19th century episodes involving Mr. Sinister, Cyclops, Phoenix, and even Dracula, and modern episodes involving the X-Men, Cable, The Inhumans etcetera. I could see the whole series climaxing in a 3 or 4 episode Age of Apocalypse finale with a battle royale potentially involving the entire Marvel universe. With the right directors and writers, and a top notch anime studio handling the art, I think it could be an epic series.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#49  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

The obvious choice for the next property would be Daredevil, so many aspects would translate perfectly to anime and the actions scenes could be incredible and I'm sure it would be a lot better then the Blade anime...

The less obvious choice: Power Pack and no not the Marvel All Ages Power Pack but the more mature teenage Power Pack, an anime version could be edgier and hit on a lot of key demographics (and Japanese fetishes/sexual proclivities), throw in some fan service and its perfect. An alternative to Power Pack that I would love to see is Big Hero 6, fantastic team comic that already mimics manga and ties in a lot of different popular anime themes like mecha/tech, sports, martial arts, fan service, harems and cooking.

ghost008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ghost008

I think it would be amazing to see an anime based on or around the civil war their would be so many amazing fights to be seen and just a lot they could choose from.