Posted by Riezner (417 posts) - - Show Bio
**UPDATE: Congrats to Burnstar1230 for winning this week's Free Fridays! Come back next week to get another shot, folks!**

We're back with another Free Fridays, folks! This week, we're trying a little scavenger hunt - let us know what you think! Here's what you need to do:  
  • Go watch Tony's awesome 3-Minute Expert on Spider-Woman from this week.
  • In that video, at some point, Tony mentions that Spider-Woman became a mentor to a certain character. Go to that character's Comic Vine page using our search bar. Once there, you'll find the next step.
  • Finish this scavenger hunt by 5pm PDT today. This scavenger hunt is open to EVERYONE.
  • Those that finish the hunt will be put into a pot and a winner will be randomly drawn. PLEASE DO NOT PUT THE ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD - THEY WILL BE DELETED.
  • The winner will win this week's comics shown above, as well as a signed James Robinson Superman Annual 2009.

Good luck, folks - and be sure to check out our dear allies at Screened and their Free Fridays giveaway!
#1 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh that was a good one!  I solved it :)

Staff
#2 Posted by Nick-SV(ril) (569 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I see it. That's your deal with James Robinson. He can be a regular Viner in the headquarters as long as he signs copies for free Fridays, haha.

#3 Posted by leokearon (1788 posts) - - Show Bio

What you need a Twitter account to enter, that sucks
#4 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

@leokearon said:

"What you need a Twitter account to enter, that sucks "

I know, I found it and then I'm like awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I need TWEETAR?!?!?
#5 Edited by Journey Into Chaos (323 posts) - - Show Bio

that sucks. I found it and now i need twitter?  lame!  

Edit: it was fun other than the disappointment of finding out I need twitter to enter this contest.

#6 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (1997 posts) - - Show Bio

I got the answer. Good riddle

#7 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (1997 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nick-SV(ril) said:
" Now I see it. That's your deal with James Robinson. He can be a regular Viner in the headquarters as long as he signs copies for free Fridays, haha. "
That was funny and really takes some detective skills. I would've never guessed that. Lol
#8 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

So on twitter you only have to put the message on the last scavenger hunt page, not what the answers were?

#9 Posted by hpwaz (206 posts) - - Show Bio

If our account's synced with Twitter, tweeting the message that appears on the answer page will enter us? Sorry, this is my first contest.
#10 Posted by Riezner (417 posts) - - Show Bio
@GothamRed: Correct, just the message on the final page. 

@hpwaz: Right, just tweet that message on the last page.
#11 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks to the faulty search engine... I was probably too late.

#12 Posted by JarJarMinks (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked this one.  Keep those scavenger hunts coming!

#13 Posted by Riezner (417 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428: Not too late. Still 5 hours left :)
#14 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Hurray for Free Fridays!  Love the idea of the scavenger hunt, I wished it was longer though!!!

Loved the new X-Force issue! I think i went broke buying every cover except for the one shown, maybe i can win it lol :)

#15 Posted by danhimself (22486 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the scavenger hunt...keep that up

#16 Edited by PoolStroke (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I stupid? I don't get it. I followed the clue but I don't see what to do from there. 

EDIT: Ok I got it. Apparently I just can't read.

#17 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@Riezner: Is it a random pick or first person to tweet it? Because I tweeted it and definitely wasn't first.
#18 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Just entered. 
Figger I gotta win SOME time, right?  RIGHT?!

#19 Posted by Riezner (417 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheMess1428: Random draw from those that finish the hunt.
#20 Posted by Crymsun (123 posts) - - Show Bio

That was fun.  This was my first Free Friday Scavenger Hunt!  I would LOVE to win that James Robinson Superman Annual.  Mon-El's one of my favorites!
#21 Posted by crusader8463 (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh... Could you let us know a head of time that the end is just to use that stupid twitter thing to tweet soemthing so those of us who don't want to use that stupid service can not waste there time jumping through the hoops just to get you guys page clicks. Thanks.

#22 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio
@crusader8463:  I agree with him.  We all don't use twitter. 
#23 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Nooooooooooo!

My browser at work don't support videos :(

Sad sad Friday...

#24 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of these.  The riddles were better.  Either way there is always a hook.

#25 Posted by ILuvMsMarvel (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that was easy. And for those complaining you need Twitter, this isn't he first time and it won't be the last that Twitter was used. It's not that big a deal to have an account, not like you get spammed by it or anything.

#26 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

got it! I send the message.

#27 Posted by Myninjadon (41 posts) - - Show Bio
@PoolStroke said:
"Am I stupid? I don't get it. I followed the clue but I don't see what to do from there.   EDIT: Ok I got it. Apparently I just can't read. "

I had the same problem at first.  But i hope i did it right.  This is my first time.  ahh im such a dork. 
#28 Edited by crusader8463 (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@ILuvMsMarvel:  It's a big deal to have to sign up for a different website just to use this one. I don't want to EVER use twitter and I never will, so making the only way to win a contest is to sign up for twitter is just silly. Just because you like to use it doesn't mean the rest of us want to have to link it to our email address and check it.
#29 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

While I detest Twitter and all that it stands for, I reluctantly signed up for an account at the prospect of free comics

#30 Posted by daveydavey (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Wooh
#31 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy said:
"While I detest Twitter and all that it stands for, I reluctantly signed up for an account at the prospect of free comics "

same here
#32 Posted by hpwaz (206 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
"@N7_Normandy said:
"While I detest Twitter and all that it stands for, I reluctantly signed up for an account at the prospect of free comics "
same here "

Me too!
#33 Posted by SUPER_STANO (1 posts) - - Show Bio

On my journey to win

#34 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a good feature for the site.
#35 Posted by cbishop (7516 posts) - - Show Bio
@Riezner: I've done this 3 times now, and keep wondering: does CV get the tweets automatically, because of "@comicvine" in the message, or does someone on the CV staff need to be following me on Twitter, to see it?  I'm not super tuned into Twitter - I've only been on it since June, because of CV. :)
#36 Posted by Da Talking Beaver (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that sucks. I get through the whole hunt & then I says to get a chase of winning I have to tweet. Yeah, that's all fine & dandy but I don't have a Twitter account & don't really want to sign up for one just to get a chance to win some comics. :(

#37 Posted by Riezner (417 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop: We seem them just based off of @comicvine being part of the message. 
#38 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

another week, another loss.... sigh

#39 Posted by TVN (108 posts) - - Show Bio
@leokearon said:
" What you need a Twitter account to enter, that sucks "
Oh poo.  Well congrats to the winner.
#40 Edited by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats!  Awesome prizes :)

More Scavenger hunts too, that are longer! weeee

#41 Posted by cbishop (7516 posts) - - Show Bio
@Riezner: Thank you.
#42 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the general consensus is that changes need to be made to these type of contests no?  Just saying.