Favorite Fantastic Four Member (Contest)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Contest

Who is your favorite original member of the Fantastic Four? Write a detailed paragraph explaining who your favorite is and why.

Contest ends Wednesday, May 16th at 9PM EST.

Quality submissions will be counted and winner picked out at random.

Rules:

Original Team Members Only

One entry per person (I can see your IP address!)

Must have over 100 posts

Prize

Winner receives a free digital download for the Marvel Comics App (Apple iOS or Android) of:

No Caption Provided

Fantastic Four: Season One

In Manhattan's most famous skyscraper, the Baxter Building, scientific genius Reed Richards hatches a plan that will change the lives of those he loves most -- and the very course of human history -- in a way no one could have ever imagined. Revisit the story that irrevocably altered comics and pop culture in this all-new graphic novel, modernizing the journey of Reed Richards, Susan Storm, Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm as they travel to the stars -- and return with fantastic, devastating results! Plus: Witness the FF's cataclysmic first battles with the Mole Man, Dr. Doom and Prince Namor, the mysterious Sub-Mariner, in a way you've never seen before. You only think you know the story!

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Maniac2312

My problem is I don't really have a favorite per say, I think they are best as a team/family unit. Wait, does that count? My favorite member is the collected four, their personalities, conflicts, etc. are a character and that's why I like the FF in general. Apart they are just four more hero's getting lost in the shuffle of a world full of hero's, together they are a fantastic force to be reckoned with taking on all comers and usually coming out on top.

Silly question time.....does this download work on android phones??

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@Maniac2312: It says "Marvel Comics App for Apple iOS Devices" and "Marvel Comics App for Android Devices." You need to download the app and once you use the download code it will be available under the "My Comics" tab.

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Maniac2312

@jloneblackheart: I did see that :) I'm just amazed is all, lol, I was just trying to picture reading a comic on my tiny phone.

I was hoping commenting on this would bring more entries for you :/

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By tonis

Although each member has admirable qualities that together make for a fantastic team, for me I'd have to say the ever loving blue eyed Thing has always been my favorite member of the group. He's their powerhouse and tough as nails but at the same time has shown he has a gentle and kind heart who really cares for his team mates. His big brother like relationship with Johnny has always brought laughs and entertainment as they bickered and he is a big reason why I enjoyed the early years of the FF so much. Most of all though, it's been his inner strength that's always impressed me the most. Being the most visibly affected by the cosmic rays he's constantly proven that although he may look like a monster he's very much human inside and that's always inspired me about him as a character.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Ben Grimm.... because he's awesome and is an uber stud.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator

Great idea jloneblackheart! Cool comp! **smile** 

My favorite of the original Fantastic Four, I'll go with Reed Richard's. As a kid, I was always fascinated by quirky scientific geniuses who were a bit or a lot odd. Henry Cavendish, Alan Turing, Richard Feynman, Nikola Tesla and Kurt Gödel, and so on. Reed Richards is essentially the comic book version of these quirky scientific minds. I think he can be like many of the best characters, hard to write well, and opportunity is there to be written dreadfully and one dimensionally. It takes a good writer to give a comic character who is supposed to be leagues more intelligent than the writer that sort of authentic credibility. Anyway, when I thin he is written right, I think we the reader get to go to some pretty interesting places not many other characters can take us. Story arcs like the Council of Reeds, Reed always harboring this guilt about what has happened with Thing and I mean being the guy who gets one up in the intellect department against Dr Doom is no lean feat. I do confess I am annoyed when they try and give the character the crux of being socially dimwitted and awkward though. In this sense I think they could go more the Feynman route than Cavendish route. Feynman was brilliant but a brilliant peoples person too, with the ability to capture the attention of a room when he spoke. (as opposed to say Cavendish who freaked out around people and would literally hide away and not even share his accomplishments) Oh and I just think that people don't appreciate intelligence as much as they should. I like all the FF4, but yeah. Cheers!     

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Meteorite

My favourite would easily have to be Johnny Storm. Everyone shows some hotheadedness and is impulsive at times, so it's easy to relate to him and see his point of view. Despite this, however, he's quite clearly deeper than he seems, as we've seen that he's always loyal to the team, and will always ready to tackle some new menace or old villain. On top of all of this, his powers are quite creative and interesting, and it's good to see that he's no more a one-trick pony that he is a rip-off of the original Human Torch.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By Hawkeye446

Sue Storm. Why? Because she rocks. Elaborate? Sure.

Susan Storm being the only founding female member of the Fantastic Four fights alongside her husband and her brother. Now, her children have been introduced to this "super" world, which includes all the negatives that put them in danger. She's caring, considerate, and is able to put up with everyone on the team, meshing them together, stuck like glue. Of all the Superhero Teams, they are the closest, and I believe that's because of Sue's numerous qualities and traits. Her husband is a genius, and so is Sue, in her own right. Insanity and brilliance often go hand in hand, as a note, and this doesn't spare Sue's husband, Reed. Being able to put up with his wild ideas, her brother's shenanigans, her children's safety, her own problems, worries, and much more, and yet still being able to keep a straight face and defend humanity makes her, the greatest Original Fantastic Four member, among ALL heroes in general.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lykopis

Sue Storm by far.

She was introduced as a supporting character for the others - I get that and yes -- I cringe - but her story can almost be used as a study for how women were perceived from the early 60's to now. From a "kissed only and not to be heard" wife to a powerful woman who threatened to place air bubbles in Wolverine's lungs. Invisible Girl to the Invisible Woman indeed. Not only is she a wonderful superhero -- to both genders - she is also a wonderful role model as partner, sibling, friend and parent. I always liked Sue -- always -- but her portrayal in Civil War was what got me more interested in her as a character. Principled and stead-fast, she is a leader in her own right, and yet doesn't need the accolades. She just gets what needs to be done -- and continues to do so. She understands the demons that pursue her genius husband, understands the youthful brashness that gets her brother into trouble and sees the soft heart and goodness in a man made of rock. Sue Storm is a female character done right.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Time is up! I'll let you guys know the winner soon.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

All of you had great answers that I enjoyed reading. Unfortunately, there can only be one winner. I put your names into a glass and picked one at random.... And the winner is....

!!!

Thanks for participating everyone.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lykopis

@Meteorite: @jloneblackheart:

Congratulations! Figures the only one who liked Johnny would win, lol!

I had fun -- thanks for the contest! :)

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Maniac2312

Congratulations Meteorite, enjoy your new read :)

Thanks jloneblackheart for the contest, it's good to see why the members of the FF are still loved today :)

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hawkeye446

@lykopis said:

@Meteorite: @jloneblackheart:

Congratulations! Figures the only one who liked Johnny would win, lol!

I had fun -- thanks for the contest! :)

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hawkeye446

@lykopis said:

Sue Storm by far.

She was introduced as a supporting character for the others - I get that and yes -- I cringe - but her story can almost be used as a study for how women were perceived from the early 60's to now. From a "kissed only and not to be heard" wife to a powerful woman who threatened to place air bubbles in Wolverine's lungs. Invisible Girl to the Invisible Woman indeed. Not only is she a wonderful superhero -- to both genders - she is also a wonderful role model as partner, sibling, friend and parent. I always liked Sue -- always -- but her portrayal in Civil War was what got me more interested in her as a character. Principled and stead-fast, she is a leader in her own right, and yet doesn't need the accolades. She just gets what needs to be done -- and continues to do so. She understands the demons that pursue her genius husband, understands the youthful brashness that gets her brother into trouble and sees the soft heart and goodness in a man made of rock. Sue Storm is a female character done right.

Pretty much what I wanted to say!

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

invisible women

shes the most powerful.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By PowerHerc

The Thing.

He's the powerhouse and the backbone of the team. He's the first non-heroic/monstrous looking superhero. He's tough as nails, he's a go to guy when you need a friend and he's got courage that'd fill the Grand Canyon. He's not only the greatest original member of the Fantastic Four, he's one of the greatest fictional characters ever.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

The Thing.

He's The Thing. I need no further explanation.

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By asIsuspected

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

The Thing.

He's The Thing. I need no further explanation.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AmazingAngel

Johnny Storm, I picked up a FF comic book one time and he was singing friday.

Thats all the reason I need.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invincible Woman.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

johnny storm.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By QueenCorp15

Human torch (johnny storm)

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a contest, people. A contest that ended. This is too funny.

Bruticus112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Thing, basically because I love his personality and fighting style.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Human Torch....

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Human Torch because i love his immature style and the element fire is awesome

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I dislike them all. So, Sue, because boobs and the best powers.

Pat_Grove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Thing cuz he's funny

I_Aint_bias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invincible Woman.

She My Fav shirt less ;) but Johnny Storm when shirts on

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Human Torch.

He has a personality I like. He's a cool guy. wait no he's hot. NO. Not like that >_> Forget I said that. But his power is pretty interesting. Turning into fire. I would love to be him.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

although the other members d have interesting powers. I know what I would do f I was invisible

jole71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sue Richards... She's hot!!! Nuff said