Posted by G-Man (34037 posts) - - Show Bio
After a week of waiting, we are now ready to announce the winners of our Cowboys & Aliens new mash-up contest
The idea was to take the concept of the original comic and upcoming movie and add a new angle to it. In other words, we wanted to see Cowboys and....something else. We had three categories. Two winners in a written pitch category, two in an art category and one in a photoshop category.

Why has there been a delay? Partly because I was out of town the past week and partly because there were quite a few entries to go through. At least in terms of the written entries.
In the Written Pitch category, we had many many to choose from. After some deliberation and trying to convince each other why these should be the winners, here are our two written winners: 
 == TEASER ==

Caligula 

Cowboys and The Evil Dead

In 2011 "Ash" has retired from S-Mart, and is seeing a psychiatrist to deal with his horrific memories of his battles against the Deadites and the Necronomicon. Dr. Lucas, Ash's psychiatrist keeps trying to re-assure ash that the Necronomicon doesn't exist. through a series of consultations Dr. Lucas gets Ash to finally hone up the courage to go back to the cabin where it all started. Once there Ash and Dr. Lucas find the Necronomican in the fire-place. Dr. Lucas begins to read from it, Ash screaming begging him not to. Then Lucas' face and body contort being possessed by a deadite. a Fight ensues between he and Ash which ends up in the tool-shed where Ash finds his Chainsaw hand. Ash takes off after the Necronomicon, and it transports them to the Wild West at the Turn of the century. Once there Ash meets up with his psychotic ancestor and his girl "kitty". The Trio must battle hordes of Deadites in the wild west. And work together to get Dr. Lucas (whom we find out is an ancient witch doctor) and the Necronomicon.

Strangeling 

Cowboys & Disco

A self-proclaimed mad scientist uses his position as a  discothèque's maintenance worker to conduct his experiments.  He creates a fractal light cage using the disco balls, and with a mishap involving a few ice cubes, displaces the dance club in time.  The cowboys posse up to check out the new addition to their town.  Then things get funky.  Who will survive?   

There was also a long-edit version.

For the drawings...we had two entries so that means two winners.

CoinReturnSlot with Cowboys & Orcs of Mordor and ExtremeRadical with Cowboys & Minecraft.

And for the photoshop winner, Beaded Justice with Cowboys & Doctor Who

Congrats to all winners. Thanks to everyone that entered. Winners, I will send you a pm.
Staff
#1 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

my heart jumped. I can't believe I won. Thank You G-Man, and everyone else at Comicvine :D

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations!  Those are terrific entries.  I love seeing Earp with the Doctor :)

#3 Posted by TDK_1997 (14892 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats

#4 Posted by Mucklefluga (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

@Caligula:
Congratulations

#5 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: @TDK_1997: @Mucklefluga: thank you guys. :D
#6 Posted by Mucklefluga (2563 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula:
NP =)
#7 Posted by Vorien79 (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats to the winners!  :)

#8 Posted by Bearded Justice (751 posts) - - Show Bio

i only won cause no one else entered in the photoshop category 

meh

#9 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bearded Justice said:
"

i only won cause no one else entered in the photoshop category 

meh

"
did i not use the term "Sexy beast"? No one else would WANT to go up against that bad boy. Be proud. That really is the idea that just destroys the competition.
#10 Posted by Bearded Justice (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grim:
you are absolutely right!  how could i have ever thought otherwise

if only such a combination existed  sigh

#11 Posted by NightFang (10057 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" Congratulations! I love seeing Earp with the Doctor :) "
             I never knew the Doctor and Earp met before.
#12 Posted by Ash The Flash (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job guys! Congratulations tp the winners!

#13 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

bummed I have to buy a copy :/...... im over it, congrats to the winners x)

#14 Posted by danhimself (22541 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula:  CONGRATULATIONS!!!
#15 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vorien79: @Ash The Flash: @U R Sofa King We Todd Did: @danhimself: Thank you guys :D
#16 Posted by strangeling (180 posts) - - Show Bio

There were a lot of entertaining ideas presented.  Congratulations, one and all.

I did a few rough layouts too, but I'm way too rusty with my art skills.
#17 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@strangeling: congrats to you as well :D
#18 Posted by Rudyftw (987 posts) - - Show Bio

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!... 

#19 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: Congrats, mate! :)
#20 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: thank you :D
#21 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice!

#22 Posted by Skald (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been so busy studying (and playing Mortal Kombat) that this one almost slipped right past me.

Super cool.
#23 Posted by Billy Batson (58023 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: 

delayed congrats :)

#24 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Who and Cowboys!!! Why didn't I think of that!