gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

Same as last week

To win some comics this week, you just have to read a comic and write (at least) 2 - 3 paragraphs describing the events of the comic. 

Comics that are eligible are ones that come out this week (10/15) and any from last week (10/8) that have NOT already been written up.

Each comic counts as one entry.   When you add an entry, be sure to post here so I can keep track of who wrote the summary for which issue.  As before, you don't have to be the one that uploaded the issue to the site, just be the one that writes the summary.  Make sure it is your summary.  Do not copy summaries/reviews from other sources.

And what I'm looking for is 2-3 paragraphs.  Not sentences.  Summarize the comic.  If someone didn't buy the comic, they should have a pretty good idea what happened in the issue after reading your summary.

Contest ends at the end of Sunday.  Winner will be announced on Monday the 20th.  Last week we only had a few people trying.  All it takes is one entry to win.  Points for these summaries have also been raised, so that means more points.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

To make the world's most comfortable chair, I only have to read new comics?
Why don't I have a comfortable chair yet then?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

Gotta read the right one.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
G-Man said:
"Gotta read the right one."
It's Ghost Whisperer, isn't it?
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6  Edited By Darkchild

I still got about 8-10 comics from last week to do so adding onto the great amount coming out this week BOOYAH

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck
inferiorego said:
"G-Man said:
It's Ghost Whisperer, isn't it?"
Check out who uploaded the issues here...
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Darkchild
G-Man said:
"inferiorego said:
"G-Man said:
Check out who uploaded the issues here..."
we all know why u read them Gman
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
G-Man said:
"inferiorego said:
"G-Man said:
How comfy is your couch?
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck
Darkchild said:
"G-Man said:
"inferiorego said:
"G-Man said:
we all know why u read them Gman"
Hey, I can only think of two reasons.  And my chair is soooooo comfy.
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Darkchild
G-Man said:
"Darkchild said:
"G-Man said:
"inferiorego said:
"G-Man said:
we all know why u read them Gman"
Hey, I can only think of two reasons.  And my chair is soooooo comfy."
LMAO
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Darkchild
Death Walks the Streets 0
http://www.comicvine.com/death-walks-the-streets-death-walks/37-140440/

Summary

When you work for a union with the numbers 666 in its name you know for darn sure things arnt always pretty. And for the three employees of IBVM Union Local 666 they know this well. For Danille, Micheal, an Malcom they are their unions "cleaning" crew. Their job is to take care of buisness, and most of the time before the opposition sends in their demons to do the dirty work. And by demons i dont mean evil men I mean the ones that fly an have toothy grins. These three workers fight the demons of the night for their pay, and tonight is no exception.

But as the night comes to a close an the three make their way for a night at the movies. A demon from the old times, an old enemy of the IBVM stands uptop the movie theater looking
down on the three "heroes".

The Dead: Kingdom of Flies #1
http://www.comicvine.com/the-dead-kingdom-of-flies-issue-1/37-140441/

(This comic didnt come to my local shop till today and its been out since August. Just felt it should be put out their since its an awesome comic.)

Summary

The rules of killing zombies have never been more life saving than today. The worlds over run by the flesh eating walking dead, they have covered the globe an very little hope resides in the residents of Faringdon country, their city completely over run by the dead.

With little survivors all they can do is hope for the best an that they dont run out of ammo.
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gmanfromheck

Let's try something new.  How about we start putting the copied solicit overview in italics and any original summary in regular font?  That way by just glance, you can tell what is the generic description and what is actual information.  I know this won't get out to everyone but maybe people will catch on.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
G-Man said:
"Let's try something new.  How about we start putting the copied solicit overview in italics and any original summary in regular font?  That way by just glance, you can tell what is the generic description and what is actual information.  I know this won't get out to everyone but maybe people will catch on."
Done and done.... I usually do my own summaries since I thought using the solicit was cheating, but nevermore! Italicized solicitations for everyone!
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Darkchild

Alright that works sorry Gman. Just a habit of mine

Final Crisis: Rogues Revenge 3
http://www.comicvine.com/final-crisis-rogues-revenge-book-three/37-140443/
Summary

Weather Wizard and the Rogues continue to find refuge as they try an find a way to get Wizards son back without a full on confrontation with Libra. Inertia an Zoom continue their training, but soon find that the Rogues have some unfinished business with Inertia.

The finale battle between Libra and Rogues is upon us, But what will they do when faced with the man who obeys Darkeid. And Who will stay true to their colors, When the day is over will the Rogues finally hang their coats and accept that they may still be the badasses they know but that they need to move on.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gmanfromheck
inferiorego said:
"G-Man said:
"Let's try something new.  How about we start putting the copied solicit overview in italics and any original summary in regular font?  That way by just glance, you can tell what is the generic description and what is actual information.  I know this won't get out to everyone but maybe people will catch on."
Done and done.... I usually do my own summaries since I thought using the solicit was cheating, but nevermore! Italicized solicitations for everyone!"
Some say it's cheating.  Doing your own is obviously better.  Keeps us original since everyone uses those blurbs.  I say something is better than nothing.  But a full summary is obviously aces.
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Darkchild
Astonishing X-men 27
http://www.comicvine.com/astonishing-x-men-ghost-box-part-3/37-140444/
Summary

The search for what the Ghost Box an Subject X was continues. Tempers flair as Abigail is brought back into the loop as Hanks researcher an...girlfriend. As the X-men delve deeper into the journal they find a place Tian and coordinates to get their. But Wolverine cant shake the feeling he knows the place saying he thinks its from the old days.

And soon it is revealed he is right. Tian is smack dab in the middle of the invisible space within the forests of China. And soon the X-men find that Tian (Translated means heaven) is something both beautiful an deadly.
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Darkchild

Captain Britain and MI 13 #6
http://www.comicvine.com/captain-britain-and-mi13-hell-comes-to-birmingham-part-one/37-140447/
Summary

MI13 first mission and...its not what they expected. An apartment engulfed in flames that dont burn, an the occupants in some sort of trance. Ranting about Dr. Plokta and his ability to give anyone an everyone their hearts desire.

When MI enter the building all hell breaks loose, they will need to fight for their lives an try not to kill their attackers. Brian is faced with a decision that pulls at his heart, Give up his Immortal Soul for.....Meggan.

Moon Knight # 23
http://www.comicvine.com/moon-knight-the-death-of-mark-spector-part-3/37-140506/
Overview

“THE DEATH OF MARC SPECTOR,” PART 3 Norman Osborn and the Thunderbolts have been tapped to bring in the fugitive Moon Knight -- by all means necessary -- and so far they’ve been left empty-handed.  But Norman’s got a foolproof plan to flush out his prey.  He’s got the numbers and the element of surprise, but what he doesn’t know is that Moon Knight is not alone.

Summary

Norman Osborn is angry, and when Norman Osborn finds someone to be angered at he finds a way to deal with it. And in this case its exterminating Moon Knight, hiring a gang of thugs they set out for Moon Knight by going through the people he knows. Finding Frenchie and laying out some hurt on both of them, but Frenchie was enough for the Hooligans as after a short scuffle he wins an they escape. But in the altercation his best friend is sent into the hospital

Vowing vengeance he finds their hide out an lays down the hurt only to be saved by Moon Knight. But in the end will it be Moon Knight who will need the saving?

NYX: No Way Home #3
http://www.comicvine.com/nyx-no-way-home-part-three/37-140473/
Summary

Cornered an hunted Kiden an the others find out tid bits of truth from their captor. An as they escape hoping to find a way out and help Tatiana they find even more than they bargained for. When the world comes crashing down an the pieces are all in play what will Bobby do an will it have consequences. Who will survive the day an who wont?

Ultimate Origins #5
http://www.comicvine.com/ultimate-origins-part-5/37-140513/

Overview

It all comes together in this climactic issue as we follow the twisted paths of Bruce Banner and Nick Fury as they approach their destinies. And at last--the Watchers speak! And what they have to say about the uncertain future of the Ultimate Universe is utterly terrifying. You must not miss this one!

Summary

The Watchers have finally shown themselves, and they have a message. Using Susan Storm as a "microphone" they tell the Fantastic four that the end of the world is coming. That the moments leading up to this point have shown them it will happen....but they don't know how it will. Announcing that a Herald will be needed for the worlds survival and that they are deciding on who at this very moment.

What did Magneto do so many years ago that helped in creating the man we know today? The answer lies with one single death.

Nick Fury and Duncan Dugan find the truth behind Weapon X, an if the truth is allowed to be heard by the world it could spell devastation for all humans. What will the two of them do, How will they keep this horrible secret hidden. And who is the new Herald for Earth, the answer is unexpected.

Uncanny X-men 503
http://www.comicvine.com/the-uncanny-x-men-/37-140442/
Summary

Scott an Emma continue their search for who an what the Hellfire Cult are, along with finding a new way to have some fun.

Meanwhile the other X-men continue their attempts at stopping Empath, he has grown in power exponentially an continues to manipulate the emotions of others just as he walks past them or in this case rides past them on a motorcycle. None of the X-men chasing are able to capture let alot stop him, he continues his rampage throughout the streets.

Pixie is determined to make herself know to the X-men an become one of them, She will help them out. Soon Empath is taken down, but his attacker is a surprise to everyone watching.

The mysterious red head recruits a new member to herside, an finally reveals herself to Scott who knows what an who she truly is.

Young X-men #7
http://www.comicvine.com/young-x-men-the-other/37-140445/
Summary

Fifty-six construction workers have disappeared on a island an their is no trace of them. Soon the Young X-men find an old enemy within the Island. And the truth about why Dust has been so distant with the group and why she is even speaking with the captured Donald Pierce is revealed.

Santo an Dani speak about why he has been so gun ho about finding who the non-mutant within the group is. Why he feels he needs to find the person, he has his mind set on Ink but is Ink truly a human or is their something else hidden within his ink. The truth and a surprise ending that comes from left field all answered.

Batman and The Outsiders #12
http://www.comicvine.com/batman-and-the-outsiders-outsiders-no-more-part-2-of-2/37-140476/
Summary

The Black Glove is out to destroy everything Batman ever cared for, and they start with the Outsiders. Following orders from a fake Batman the Outsiders at the disapproval of Ollie input a code into Remac. Remac then goes on a short rampage before....BOOM. The explosion rocks the base leveling most of it, leaving one member in a coma and another...dead.

As the Outsiders grieve an mourn one is bound to find the Black Glove an make them pay. The dead will be avenged.

Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds #2
http://www.comicvine.com/final-crisis-legion-of-three-worlds-book-two/37-140458/
Summary

Superboy Prime has finally done it, taken a life of a Legionare. And the Legion will stop at nothing to avenge their fallen comrade. As this worlds Legionaires stand against Superboy Primes, Brainiac Five brings forth another team from another universe. Furthering their sides chances at winning.

Who is the person Mon-El and Shadow Lass bring their fallen comrades remains too....and will he ever help them?

Iron Man #34
http://www.comicvine.com/iron-man-war-machine-weapon-of-shield-part-2/37-140556/
Summary

After kicking some alien tail in space. Rhody follows a Skrull ship that escaped the initial barrage from his Mega War Machine and takes it down. But as he bounces around through orbit he goes off course and lands in Russia. Where the Winter Guard are in the process of loosing, the skrulls are after their nuclear arsenals. Finding that he cant stand by and watch them be slaughtered.

But Dynamo sees his interference as something not needed, and when the Winter Guard are out numbered an retreat they leave War Machine behind in the middle of a Skrull ambush. And Soon War Machine is captured an wakes up...on the operating table.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gmanfromheck

Guess it's not really a surprise that Darkchild is this week's winner.  It was a big week in comics.  I think I myself spent over $130 on comics.  Doesn't seem like many others are interested in this type of contest.  I might have to rethink the whole thing. 

So there may not be an official contest this week but, if I get a chance, I will still reward the good work.

Here's Darkchild's loot for this week:

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I didn't buy last weeks books until yesterday. I've been so busy.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gmanfromheck

I hear that.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Darkchild
G-Man said:
"Guess it's not really a surprise that Darkchild is this week's winner.  It was a big week in comics.  I think I myself spent over $130 on comics.  Doesn't seem like many others are interested in this type of contest.  I might have to rethink the whole thing. 

So there may not be an official contest this week but, if I get a chance, I will still reward the good work.

Here's Darkchild's loot for this week:

"
haha sweet

Corps and Army of Darkness booyah. Cant wait for the others either. Thanks bro
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Darkchild

Had one a year or so ago if its the same one i heard of