#1 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Or do they have to be run by staff/moderators? Of course it would be the responsibility of the person running it in regards to rules, prizes etc.

I was thinking of some Christmas contest to see who would input the most Christmas related issues, characters, concepts, etc. Is anyone interested?

I did a quick check of the Contests forum, and it seems every one is in the wrong forum, a lot of them should be in the Battles forum (I guess people thought Contests meant a "contest" between two characters). Maybe each forum should have a little pinned FAQ to them.

#2 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be a little too late to organize a christmas contest, and I don't think the staff would do it from the site for liability reasons. Maybe if you had a link to an other site that had the contest it would work.

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea but I also think it's too late, maybe not too late, but it is short notice if the contest ends anytime before the new year. Also, I know some people (more than just me) have school ending now and have a lot of tests that could prevent them from submitting a lot. That would cut back on our chances to win. (Yeah, I'm just thinking about myself, I'm not ashamed to admit it.) I like the idea of a themed contest though.

Phorqe says:

"I don't think the staff would do it from the site for liability reasons. Maybe if you had a link to an other site that had the contest it would work."

Why not? We've had contests before, this would be no different.

#4 Posted by Shatterstar (4548 posts) - - Show Bio

You could call it the No Buckshots Christmas Contest

#5 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I like the idea but I also think it's too late, maybe not *too* late, but it is short notice if the contest ends anytime before the new year. Also, I know some people (more than just me) have school ending now and have a lot of tests that could prevent them from submitting a lot. That would cut back on our chances to win. (Yeah, I'm just thinking about myself, I'm not ashamed to admit it.) I like the idea of a themed contest though.Phorqe says:
"I don't think the staff would do it from the site for liability reasons. Maybe if you had a link to an other site that had the contest it would work."

Why not? We've had contests before, this would be no different."

I've been on here for like a year almost and haven't seen one.

#6 Posted by Shatterstar (4548 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously they don't exist since Phorqe hasn't seen one.

Stop making stuff up Buckshot.
Post Edited:2007-12-07 14:00:01

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Coulda sword I won something. Guess I must have imagined it. Sorry Shatterstar, I won't do it again.

#8 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't planning on having any prizes (if someone wanted to give something away I'm not stopping them), so there's no liability on my part. Just find a Christmas or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa issue or whatever, have it approved, and report it here. Maybe a winner for most submissions, best and worst issues (which is the "best" or "worst" Christmas issue, quality wise, not the worst submission). It should be obvious on the cover its a Christmas issue, but explain if its not. Oh and I guess it can't have any Buckshots in it if its to be the 1st Annual No Buckshots Christmas Contest.

#9 Posted by G-Man (34334 posts) - - Show Bio

Phorqe says:

"Buckshot says:
"I like the idea but I also think it's too late, maybe not *too* late, but it is short notice if the contest ends anytime before the new year. Also, I know some people (more than just me) have school ending now and have a lot of tests that could prevent them from submitting a lot. That would cut back on our chances to win. (Yeah, I'm just thinking about myself, I'm not ashamed to admit it.) I like the idea of a themed contest though.Phorqe says:

I've been on here for like a year almost and haven't seen one."

The site will have been up for exactly one year next week. I can think of at least four contests we've had. Not sure how you missed all of them. Someone else can run a contest but if it's not done by staff, we are not responsible for it.

Staff
#10 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Phorqe says:
"Buckshot says:
"I like the idea but I also think it's too late, maybe not *too* late, but it is short notice if the contest ends anytime before the new year. Also, I know some people (more than just me) have school ending now and have a lot of tests that could prevent them from submitting a lot. That would cut back on our chances to win. (Yeah, I'm just thinking about myself, I'm not ashamed to admit it.) I like the idea of a themed contest though. Phorqe says:
I've been on here for like a year almost and haven't seen one."
The site will have been up for exactly one year next week. I can think of at least four contests we've had. Not sure how you missed all of them. Someone else can run a contest but if it's not done by staff, we are not responsible for it."

All powerful staff card has been played

#11 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

I've submitted that. I'll give 3/4 of my point to anyone that submits the characters (there was a Screech, but I don't think he met up with Spiderman). Any SBTB fans out there? Methos?

Maybe we can have a "no prize" like the winner gets Batman's prep time or Rogue's supposed super intellect power

#12 Posted by Shatterstar (4548 posts) - - Show Bio

Superkitty says:

"I wasn't planning on having any prizes (if someone wanted to give something away I'm not stopping them), so there's no liability on my part. Just find a Christmas or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa issue or whatever, have it approved, and report it here. Maybe a winner for most submissions, best and worst issues (which is the "best" or "worst" Christmas issue, quality wise, not the worst submission). It should be obvious on the cover its a Christmas issue, but explain if its not. Oh and I guess it can't have any Buckshots in it if its to be the 1st Annual No Buckshots Christmas Contest."

I was thinking about doing this anyways, already added a couple

probly qualify for the worst category

#13 Posted by G-Man (34334 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's some:

Staff
#14 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

shes holding that carrot offly odd

#15 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I'm not allowed in the contest but this has to do with G-Man's post. The book he posted (w/ Lobo) shows up in the Authority/Lobo crossover.

#16 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic can come from any series, as long as its Christmas. This is issue 1 of NKOTB Digest (the other issues aren't Christmas related), so you can have Spider-Man #387 if it's Christmas related.

@Buckshot: I thought the contest stipulated that you couldn't be in the comic, not you couldn't enter the contest (cause there's lots of Christmas issues with Buckshot in them)

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by Shatterstar (4548 posts) - - Show Bio

What the... I thought there were No Buckshots allowed...Rules are being broken ima start posting Easter issues.

#19 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

But I'm not Buckshot, I'm Batsanta!

#20 Posted by Shatterstar (4548 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm winning

#21 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Shatterstar won, so do you want Batman's prep time or Hulk's rage?

#22 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone wants to enter this year's Christmas contest, just submit the most Christmas issues. Weird or interesting covers get double points. Winner gets the grand non-prize.
#23 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by JLAsuperdude (174 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
"

"

After that I'm not even gonna try lol