Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Recap

On this week's episode of Constantine, John finds himself bleeding and being hunted by a demon in the sewers. In order to save himself, he summons a demon into himself to ward off the attacker. Manny refuses to help him this time and Manny is super pissed.

Zed has been kidnapped by someone that works for her father. She's still having visions of the nun bleeding from the eyes. Although she escapes, her kidnapper informs her that Zed's father will never stop coming after her.

Chas finds John and John informs him that he only has a couple days before the demon that is inside of him takes full possession. However, the demon takes control of his host and runs off to get rid of Chas. John wakes up to find the demon has done a lot of killing with his body. John ends up in police custody and it doesn't look like there's a way out.

Inside of the Mexican jail he's living in, John finds that some of the men he killed have friends in the jail and they want vengeance. Those guys find out why you shouldn't provoke a man with a demon inside of him the hard way.

Annie visits John in the jail or projects herself there. She asks him about the demon and what he plans to do. She told Chas and Zed that she'd find John for them. Zed finds her way into the jail by pretending she's a prostitute. Chas punches a cop to get in. John struggles to keep the demon at bay. Annie gets into jail as well in order to help out. Annie tells Zed that if they make it out of this, she should leave John and never look back.

They perform an exorcism on John but Holy Water isn't working. Vincente, The Temptor, comes in to kill John but knows the demon will take over soon, so he doesn't. Annie kills the Temptor with a mystical knife, which disappears on impact. They need to get John out of the jail in order to heal him, but he doesn't have much time. They load him up with heroin in order to sedate him and the demon.

They get John back to the Mill (House of Mystery) after a pretty easy escape. John tells Annie that it has to be her that does the ritual in order to exorcise the demon. It isn't easy and Annie doubts she can save him. Zed talks to him and gives her the confidence to complete the job.

No Caption Provided

Thoughts

This opens up after weeks off and right off the bat, Constantine punches a demon in the face. Now that's how you start off an episode. The start to this episode is fantastic as the stakes are raised for John. It's a clicking clock situation and things just keep getting worse.

One of the Mexican gang members that wants John dead, the one that bumped into him in the yard, looks like an overly-tattooed lumberjack who enjoys unicycle races when he's not a an extra on television shows. He really stands out as a dude who shouldn't be in a Mexican gang on a television show.

Zed and Chas work well as a team together. I like their dynamic and their both driven towards the same goal, to save their friend. This is the first time in the series that the three main stars of the show work within the story. It doesn't feel forced. Everything feels natural.

The man with the snake-mouth is awesome and super-creepy. I did not see that moment coming when he eats the guy. Also, the first time Constantine unleashes the beast on the gang members in the jail is a pretty fantastic moment. We don't see exactly what happens to them, which is a really cool move and lets the brain wander about what evil and mutilation was unleashed upon them. The Temptor, snake guy, was so cool too. It was a shame he had to die.

Matt Ryan does an amazing job in this episode, especially during the exorcism. He really pulls out all the stops during this scene. The way the moves in pain, as the demon gets exorcised is great as well as the changes his voice during the scene a bit. Obviously, there's a bit if post work done to it, but a good amount comes from him as well.

The only downside to this episode is the new people who jumped on here, due to it being on at an earlier time. It was a really fantastic episode and an emotional one for Constantine as he was put through a bunch of trials. Hopefully, people come back for seconds... and thirds.

As far a this show goes under the guise of a comic book adaptation, it really works, but what makes it even better is that it stands out on its own. The second part of this two part story was awesome and filled with some fantastic and thrilling moments. Is it the best episode of the season? Not sure, but it is one of them. This was a great episode on at a much better time for people to check out. I am loving this show and next week... FELIX FAUST!

AMajorDoubter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AMajorDoubter

What a way to return! Beautiful.

So many great key pieces for the characters this week, and we get to know loads more about Chas NEXT WEEK?! I'm all in for that.

This show is so good. Like, really, really great sort of good.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Not bad. I think they played it smart leaving on such a big cliffhanger last episode. With so many weeks in between I would have forgotten or simply not cared anymore.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was wondering when this was back hooray!

I don't see NBC renewing it however.

zackisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zackisme

Annie was hot in those panties. I thought I saw her sporting a landing strip. It might have been a hallucination though.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Loved this episode, a great return for the show, let's hope more people start watching.

#SaveConstantine

YoungDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@youngdoctor: lol, thanks so much for posting that :)

Like I said if Constantine ever appears in animation Matt Ryan needs to voice him.

eamon542000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Matt Ryan killed this episode, so fing good!

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

NBC, better renew!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode deserved five stars simply for gracing us with Zed's sexy, sexy curves.

Akeedify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Akeedify

NBC is making a big mistake if the show gone....

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Awesome episode!

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode was soooo goood!! The humor, the incredible acting, the almost full frontal nudity ;) The show returned with a huge bang!

This episode deserved five stars simply for gracing us with Zed's sexy, sexy curves.

I know right, i think i'm in love with Angelica Celaya.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Winter_Kills

##

Loved this episode, a great return for the show, let's hope more people start watching.

#SaveConstantine

I hope so too, bro! One of the best comic adaptations on tv right now. I'd been eagerly awaiting the return episode, & it delivered! We get to see the ballsy John we know & love, casting not just any demon, but freakin' Pazuzu into himself, get to see him punch the friggin' Invunche right off the bat. I loved the part where John(or rather, Pazuzu) tears up the Santa Muerte gang, & when he pretty much dominates the prison because they know he has a devil in him...priceless!! I also loved Zed telling Ann-Marie off, that John actually physically talks to an angel, & why would Heaven send an angel to communicate with someone they didn't think was worth saving? I cheered for Zed at that point! The stakes are getting higher with the Rising Darkness/Brujeria, I like we're getting insights into Zed & Chas, Ryan nails his performance as Constantine every time, & next week Felix Faust! Oh yeah, & I agree with other posters that Zed is sexy!!! This show delivers for me on every level. If NBC doesn't renew this show, it is truly an injustice, as I've said many times before.

#SaveConstantine

Amen brother, amen! Man, that Angelica Celaya:

No Caption Provided

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Best episode so far. And for the first time, I found Zed attractive.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Strong start after the break

vasu12360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it will get renewed i have faith in it......

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#21  Edited By StMichalofWilson

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for left_my_heart_in_san_franchees
Left_My_Heart_In_San_Francheesie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't stand Zed. I don't care if she's attractive, she annoys the shit out of me and I can't wait for her inevitable end. That being said I've enjoyed this show immensely, especially these last two episodes, and I'm gonna miss it when its gone.

Radx_Konkin75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode was so good. I love how John being in prison reminded me of the 5 part Hellblazer: Hard time arc.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Yay Constantine is back.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

This makes me very happy

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Watching this episode as we speak.

Pretty happy with it. Also happy with the CV rating. ^__^

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode blew me away. I was not expecting this to be that good (okay maybe ;) But damn was it good. I love that scene where he pick pocketed that British attorney or whatever he was. I was like "There's the John Constantine I know and love". Holy sh*t! Love this gem of a TV show and hope it sticks around for a few more seasons.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

This episode blew me away. Definitely deserving of the 5 star rating. I really hope NBC brings this show back. I absolutely love it.

LordDarkFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#saveconstantine

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

The only problem I had, and this is coming purely from a comic fan's perspective; was that I thought this episode would have been used to setup John's demon blood.