355 Comments Refresh
Posted by Vortex13

@xwraith: Understood, and look at you ya tall handsome bastard.

Posted by Vortex13

@stormdriven: I am personally a fan of both and would rather not have to choose between the two. If you are asking which I notice more or first, that is easy to answer. If a female is walking by me while facing me I typically notice their face, then hair, then eyes, and then the bust of the woman. If I do this at all, which I usually try not to because I try to be a gentlemen at all times, but I accept both women and men check out the type of person they are attracted too, it's human nature. Anyway this only takes like a fraction of a second when it happens, how ever if there is a women walking in front of me with a nice looking rear (by my preferences, everyone's are different) my eyes linger slightly longer. So with all of that in mind, I guess I am a butt guy. You'll find that I am upfront with my answers to any questions. I'll answer most of them right up front, in my meandering style granted, but ask any question and I will answer it to the best of my ability. Literally ask anything and I'll answer.

Posted by Stormdriven

@vortex13: That was the most elaborate answer I've ever received for that question hahaha

Posted by Vortex13

@stormdriven: Like I said, I'll answer pretty much any question, just in my meandering pattern of speech lol. I kind of type the same way I speak in real life, it's just how I roll dawg. *Insert random gangsta hand sign*

Posted by Eisenfauste

@vortex13: Are you still bored?

What are your favorite things to do?

Falcon punch or kahmehamehah? which is cooler :P

Do you play FPS's or RPG's?

Posted by Vortex13

@eisenfauste:

Nah, not at the moment. A little irritated at the moment to be honest, the younger dog of the animals that reside here keeps trying to climb into my lap. FYI She's not a lap dog.

Favorite things to do? Well Archery is absolutely at the top of the list for favorite activities. Others are writing, doing crafty things, hiking, climbing, and swimming. But swimming in natural bodies of water like lakes and rivers it's preferably to pools for me. I like gaming. Both video games and table top like Settlers of Catan. Although I do play games a lot I usually do it in blocks at a time, like three days of almost non stop gaming and then I'll stop and just do it casually until like three weeks go by and I'll go back to gaming mode lol. Reading and learning as much as I can about aspects of mythology I am not yet well versed in. Going to Renaissance fair's and now cons as well in costume. I also love taking pictures, mostly of nature and animals, that kind of stuff.

Wait I'm forgetting something..... Oh right heroin. I love that stuff, obviously shooting it up is great fun. I really feel like it's an activity for the whole family. You know just passing the needle around to your spouse and kids each of them getting a good dose in. I mean I guess there is a slight issue with the kids doing it, since depending on their age they may not be that competent with needles. But if you just help them out so they can shoot up with the shared needle/syringe you can make sure that they are shooting up with the processed liquid form of an opiate safely and responsibly. It's important to teach kids early on how to inject heroin into themselves with a used needle properly. You certainly can't trust some quack doctor to show your kids.

I'm not so big with Dragon Ball Z personally, (had to look up kamehameha lol) So I will go with Falcon punch since those are not restricted to a particular show so I have seen them in things I've watched lol.

I play both, but I much more prefer RPG's. And the FPS's I play are almost always partly RPG's. Like the Crysis series, Dues Ex Human revolution (I literally stayed up for close to two days straight playing that one non stop except for pee, and food breaks. Love that game), Dead Island, and one of my personal favorites the Deadspace series.

Posted by Eisenfauste

@vortex13: Props to archery being a hobby, do you enter in contests or just head to your yard and shoot some arrows down range. I have been eyeing a recurve bow to buy but haven't commited, do you have a decent recurve bow or do you simply go with a compound bow?

Sage advice for safe and fun heroin use, I always felt like I was doing it wrong, I'll probably take a trip tonight and get a good high since I have nothing better to do.

Posted by Vortex13

@eisenfauste: I have a medieval style recurve, and longbow. Bought both from a guy who goes to ren fairs and the are really well made. He makes them himself actually. I also have a single compound bow that's a 50lb draw weight, both of the wooden bows are 45lb draw weights. I recently bought a fiberglass recurve at an antique fair. There's a massive one a few separate weeks each year two towns over. It's in really good condition, however it didn't have a string with it lol. I know that it's a 60lb draw weight so that makes it a little easier to get one lol. However it's going to be a challenge to start using that one once I get a string for it, the good kind though lol.

I have a large back yard and that's where I usually shoot. It's handy living in the boonies sometimes lol. However they usually have a small archery competition at each ren fair and I have entered those, won a couple actually with some cool prizes for the two I've won. Those are obviously low key, but it is still nice going up against others on occasion. Most of the ones that get to the end are pretty good, but the targets aren't that far so it's not that hard in terms of having to calculate or adjust so much for the distance. It does actually take a bit of readjusting for me, and the others that do it a lot too I'd assume, because we don't get to use our own bows just the ones they provide which aren't great quality since they are used for people who pay to get to shoot a little at the fair, also I hardly ever shoot from that close of a distance so that throws me off too lol.

Posted by Vortex13

Boredom bump.

Edited by Edamame

1. Would you say that Capitalism is unsustainable in the long run? More specifically, what are your thoughts on all of this income/wealth inequality around the world and the fact that the cost of living keeps going up while wages continue to remain the same? Some say that wages and taxes on the rich will simply have to be increased. I wonder if we will see a revolution or some form of social unrest in the future.

2. How has Life been treating you lately? :)

I wonder if I will ever run out of questions. lol

Posted by Edamame

Also, did you see any films recently? In the movie theater, I mean.

Posted by Xwraith

I've been watching a lot more anime this year, so I'd like to ask, what are your top three anime series?

Posted by Vortex13
@edamame said:

1. Would you say that Capitalism is unsustainable in the long run? More specifically, what are your thoughts on all of this income/wealth inequality around the world and the fact that the cost of living keeps going up while wages continue to remain the same? Some say that wages and taxes on the rich will simply have to be increased. I wonder if we will see a revolution or some form of social unrest in the future.

2. How has Life been treating you lately? :)

I wonder if I will ever run out of questions. lol

1) Capitalism is very much unsustainable even in the short run. As for the extreme inequality of wealth within the country I think that is a greater example of how using capitalism as the sole form of economic progress as a concept is completely broken. People always refer to the idea of the "American Dream" starting out with nothing and then making it big. That is not a reality in the United States these days. Statistics say that about 42% of Americans that start out in a low income bracket or at the bottom income level stay at the same income level they started out in as youths.

I myself believe in a taxing system where there is a set percentage of a persons income. So while everyone would have the same percentage taken out of their yearly income it would actually end up being a much fairer system I think. Lets say that the tax rate is 12% of someones yearly income, so even though people of a lower income level would end up paying out less in taxes then people of a higher income level it would be the same percentage of their income the only reason there would be a difference in the amount of money payed out to the government is because the more wealthy have a much higher income.

To me that is the most efficient, fair and reasonable way to have a taxation system run. Oh and obviously there should not be huge tax breaks given to people of the highest income levels. Because it makes not a lick of freaking sense to me why the wealthiest in the country who are most able to afford high taxes get breaks to pay less then others.

2) Life has been treating me fairly well lately thank you for asking. =) I will be moving within a couple months to Fitchburg Massachusetts. The house in an area that is very open with woods very close by and the town itself which is very nice and has a lot of cool older buildings. The best part is it's about ten minutes from the border of New Hampshire so I just cross the border and do all my shopping there, which as I believe you know has no sales tax, lol. You may find this next bit of information amusing, but I am considering running for state congress in two years. Not sure if I actually will but I am considering it.

3) As for having seen any movies in theaters lately actually yes, I usually don't see movies in theaters so it's kind of funny that you happened to ask around this time. The film I saw in theaters was "Dawn of Planet of the Apes" and I thought it was really good and very much enjoyed it. I will be seeing "Guardians of the Galaxy" probably next weekend not this one though because there is a local Con this weekend in North Hampton which I'm going to go to. I'm waiting for my dad to be home since he is my sensei in comic books since he was reading them in the 70's. He is also my sensei in punk rock since he was listening to it and went to local shows in the DC area where he resided during the late 70's.

Anyway I hope you are doing well at the moment as well.

Posted by Vortex13

@xwraith said:

I've been watching a lot more anime this year, so I'd like to ask, what are your top three anime series?

Hmmm well it's hard for me to pick favorites since I am a fan of a lot. But some of my favorites would be in no particular order,

1) Deadman Wonderland

2) Psycho-Pass

3) Eden of the East

4) Fairy Tail (often goofy as well as tragic on occasion)

5) Deathnote

6) Fate/Zero

7) Sword Art Online

8) Legend of the Legendary Heroes (really weird title but intensely complex, dark, and brilliant)

9) D.Grey Man

and I could keep listing a lot of ones that I think are good but I already gave six more than you asked for so I'll stop lol.

Posted by Xwraith

@vortex13 said:

@xwraith said:

Hmmm well it's hard for me to pick favorites since I am a fan of a lot. But some of my favorites would be in no particular order,

1) Deadman Wonderland

2) Psycho-Pass

3) Eden of the East

4) Fairy Tail (often goofy as well as tragic on occasion)

5) Deathnote

6) Fate/Zero

7) Sword Art Online

8) Legend of the Legendary Heroes (really weird title but intensely complex, dark, and brilliant)

9) D.Grey Man

and I could keep listing a lot of ones that I think are good but I already gave six more than you asked for so I'll stop lol.

I actually haven't seen any of these, unless you count the first four episodes of SAO (I dropped it after that because I didn't really like it).

Edited by Vortex13

@xwraith: I know what you mean about SAO, it gets better though. Actually it starts getting a lot better after the fourth episode haha.

Posted by Xwraith

@vortex13: I've actually heard someone else on here say the opposite.

Posted by Vortex13

@xwraith: Huh, well different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Posted by Xwraith

@vortex13: How do you feel about Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow ending?