14 Comments
Posted by Jorgevy

@sora_thekey said:

@Jorgevy: What'd you think of John Carter? (Thought I'd bring the topic here.)

I actually answered in the RT after the questions were done. I watched it recently and I freaking loved it! I'm actually gonna start reading the Warlord of Mars comics from Dynamite. if I find the time I might actually go back and read the original novels!!

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

BTW, I`d love a Marvel/Star wars crossover-adventure. Maybe a twelve issue maxi-series, made with love.

Posted by Gambit1024

@sora_thekey said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@sora_thekey: Lol, it's cool

@Lvenger said:

@Gambit1024 said:

"Disney Princess Gambit1024?"

Flattering nickname. Better hope it doesn't stick :P

Whether it sticks or not, I'd be a pretty damn awesome Disney Princess. I don't need no man saving me from musical villains :P

I can vouch for that... Gambit packs a punch that asks for no prince. B-but can't this story still be musical???

Did you watch Treasure Planet?

Oh, Absolutely! It wouldn't be a Disney movie without it. But I choose the style. Disney's first rock opera.

AND NO. I still need to get on that :'(

Posted by sora_thekey

@Gambit1024 said:

@Lvenger said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Whether it sticks or not, I'd be a pretty damn awesome Disney Princess. I don't need no man saving me from musical villains :P

I can vouch for that... Gambit packs a punch that asks for no prince. B-but can't this story still be musical???

@Lvenger: Thanks for describing it so eloquently!

@Decoy Elite: Thanks as always!

@Jorgevy: What'd you think of John Carter? (Thought I'd bring the topic here.)

@Gambit1024: Did you watch Treasure Planet?

Posted by Gambit1024

@Lvenger said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Posted by Decoy Elite

Nice discussion as always.

Posted by Lvenger

@Gambit1024 said:

A great roundtable guys. In depth discussion of such a high caliber is rare to come by and this mixture of prestigious Viners makes it all the more better. Great job everyone!

Posted by sora_thekey

@Gambit1024 said:

You're just noticing this??? LOL! I even apologized afterwards...

@Duo_forbidden: @lykopis: Thank you but I really owe a lot to @The Poet:

Posted by Gambit1024

Posted by Duo_forbidden

WOW. I know this was my second roundtable, but I love how this one turned out. I had a lot of fun with this one. Great job Sora and Poet!

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

My first reaction to the thing was something like this...

So, Disney buys another well known corporation that sucks money out of geeks/nerds to whom these movies and comics about these fictional characters have become a big part of their life. Not shocked at all.

What surprised me more, was the fact that others were shocked. Come on guys, they already did this with MARVEL! What-a-ya freaking out about? Those comics that are in this article are funny though.

I`m pretty sure that Disney (The most evil global company, that uses the blood and sweat of hard working dreamers, and other people with low self esteem. Yet, I continue to buy for their comics. I should just borrow everything form a library. I probably will, since I`m living the part of my life, when I`m acting idealistically. Maybe even too much. ) wont screw the franchise up. At first.

Posted by The Poet

Huzzah!

Edited by lykopis

Bravo everyone -- that was an incredibly in depth and very thorough discussion in regards to Disney purchasing Lucasfilms. I really appreciated everyone's takes on each topic --- from Disney itself and what it's done for the Marvel world and also possibilities for lesson known films (Well -- Raiders of the Lost Ark isn't exactly lesser known but compared to Star Wars...)

A lot of work was obviously put into this. Great job and great read. Well done!

Posted by Jorgevy

wow awesome!! I can't believe I actually read this again, after everything we had already done! ahaha