14 Comments
Posted by Jorgevy

wow awesome!! I can't believe I actually read this again, after everything we had already done! ahaha

Edited by lykopis

Bravo everyone -- that was an incredibly in depth and very thorough discussion in regards to Disney purchasing Lucasfilms. I really appreciated everyone's takes on each topic --- from Disney itself and what it's done for the Marvel world and also possibilities for lesson known films (Well -- Raiders of the Lost Ark isn't exactly lesser known but compared to Star Wars...)

A lot of work was obviously put into this. Great job and great read. Well done!

Posted by The Poet

Huzzah!

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

My first reaction to the thing was something like this...

So, Disney buys another well known corporation that sucks money out of geeks/nerds to whom these movies and comics about these fictional characters have become a big part of their life. Not shocked at all.

What surprised me more, was the fact that others were shocked. Come on guys, they already did this with MARVEL! What-a-ya freaking out about? Those comics that are in this article are funny though.

I`m pretty sure that Disney (The most evil global company, that uses the blood and sweat of hard working dreamers, and other people with low self esteem. Yet, I continue to buy for their comics. I should just borrow everything form a library. I probably will, since I`m living the part of my life, when I`m acting idealistically. Maybe even too much. ) wont screw the franchise up. At first.

Posted by Duo_forbidden

WOW. I know this was my second roundtable, but I love how this one turned out. I had a lot of fun with this one. Great job Sora and Poet!

Posted by Gambit1024

"Disney Princess Gambit1024?"

Posted by sora_thekey

@Gambit1024 said:

You're just noticing this??? LOL! I even apologized afterwards...

@Duo_forbidden: @lykopis: Thank you but I really owe a lot to @The Poet:

Posted by Lvenger

@Gambit1024 said:

Flattering nickname. Better hope it doesn't stick :P

A great roundtable guys. In depth discussion of such a high caliber is rare to come by and this mixture of prestigious Viners makes it all the more better. Great job everyone!

Posted by Decoy Elite

Nice discussion as always.

Posted by Gambit1024

@sora_thekey: Lol, it's cool

@Lvenger said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Whether it sticks or not, I'd be a pretty damn awesome Disney Princess. I don't need no man saving me from musical villains :P

Posted by sora_thekey

@Gambit1024 said:

@Lvenger said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Whether it sticks or not, I'd be a pretty damn awesome Disney Princess. I don't need no man saving me from musical villains :P

I can vouch for that... Gambit packs a punch that asks for no prince. B-but can't this story still be musical???

@Lvenger: Thanks for describing it so eloquently!

@Decoy Elite: Thanks as always!

@Jorgevy: What'd you think of John Carter? (Thought I'd bring the topic here.)

@Gambit1024: Did you watch Treasure Planet?

Posted by Gambit1024

@sora_thekey said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@Lvenger said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I can vouch for that... Gambit packs a punch that asks for no prince. B-but can't this story still be musical???

Did you watch Treasure Planet?

Oh, Absolutely! It wouldn't be a Disney movie without it. But I choose the style. Disney's first rock opera.

AND NO. I still need to get on that :'(

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

BTW, I`d love a Marvel/Star wars crossover-adventure. Maybe a twelve issue maxi-series, made with love.

Posted by Jorgevy

@sora_thekey said:

@Jorgevy: What'd you think of John Carter? (Thought I'd bring the topic here.)

I actually answered in the RT after the questions were done. I watched it recently and I freaking loved it! I'm actually gonna start reading the Warlord of Mars comics from Dynamite. if I find the time I might actually go back and read the original novels!!