7 Comments
Posted by kingjoeg

Agree with most of your recomendations. I love Hawkeye most. But venom is terrible now that Cullen Bunn is writing it, I wouldn't recomend that to anybody. However I would recomend going back and reading Rick Remenders run on the book.

Posted by MSchiwal

I agree that the "Monsters of Evil" arc that followed Rememnder's leaving was terrible. I feel that Minimum Carnage was good and the current Philidelphia arc is good enough to recommend.

However what I can wholeheartedly recommend for Venom readers is that they simply start reading Remender's run on Secret Avengers once they finish his run on Venom.

Edited by hectorsquall

@MSchiwal said:

I agree that the "Monsters of Evil" arc that followed Rememnder's leaving was terrible. I feel that Minimum Carnage was good and the current Philidelphia arc is good enough to recommend.

Maybe so, but I think it's best to wait and see what he has in store for Toxin/Brock before recommending it. That was a very bad move but if Bunn manages to make it work (or at least leaves open the possibility of Pat's return) then it might redeem his run.

However what I can wholeheartedly recommend for Venom readers is that they simply start reading Remender's run on Secret Avengers once they finish his run on Venom.

People should stay away from that sh*t!

The story isn't even that great to begin with and what Remender did to O'Grady is beyond stupid!

Edited by WWAJfan

Right now the Venom book has to be the most underrated one out there just because Rick left it , and Bunn is taking to another direction, Bunn style is very diff that what we got with Remender. But It's still that damn Good. Ok Monsters of Evil arc was average, but Damn Minimum Carnage just Kick Major ASS!! In fact I have to say that Venom 27 and 27.1 were one of the best chapters in this new Venom run. The battle with Carnage was Epic, and the art in both issues is Incredible.

Venom 27 Venom 27.1

I trust Bunn with this series as he has showed he can write some awesome stuff like in Min Carnage (Venom 26,27,27.1) And the new Philly arc with the U-foes is pretty entertaining (28,29) looking foward for 30 and the New Toxin Arc. It's not bad, actually it's been pretty good (especially 26-onward), it's just different cause Bunn aint Remender. BTW nice article.

Posted by WWAJfan

@hectorsquall said:

The story isn't even that great to begin with and what Remender did to O'Grady is beyond stupid!

X )

Posted by MSchiwal

Oh!... I generally don't read the solicit info(spoilers, you know?) but it does appear Toxin will be appearing in issue 30, that should be interesting...

Posted by hectorsquall

@WWAJfan said:

@hectorsquall said:

X )