2289 Comments
Edited by darkbeam

This is my first time asking you something so here it goes do you like Scott Summers Cyclops ,how old are you, and how long have you been reading comics

Edited by lykopis

@granitesoldier said:

@lykopis:

So since you're such a wolf person, are you a fan of dogs?

I love all kinds of animals but dogs are tops for me -- cute little puppies especially.

@dragonborn_ct said:

Since you are fan of romance, let me ask your opinion on a scene in particular if it sounds really heartbreaking or unspeakably hammy and over-the-top.

There is a love triangle between one guy and two girls. For brevity sake's I will refer to them as Archie, Betty and Veronica (as in the Archie comic characters). Archie is a artistic sculptor that is currently engaged with sweet and demure Betty, but is attracted to sexy and mysterious Veronica. One day he is doing a statue on Veronica's likeness and is caught by his fiancee groping and kissing it. In a fit of rage and jealousy, she takes a iron bar and starts smashing the statue and beats him so hard, she breaks the teeth in his mouth too calling him all the things you can imagine.

O_O

He needs to get some protection from his psycho fiancee (as in - get a restraining order after charging her with aggravated assault) while getting his freak on with some real sexy and mysterious ladies.

@tdk_1997 said:

What about Bendis' All-New X-Men?

I think it's better than his Uncanny X-Men but you should know I am one of his biggest critics. So help me if he kills off Emma.

@kingofash said:

@lykopis: What apocalyse would you rather be stuck in; a zombocalypse, the Day of the Triffids or the War of the Worlds?

Day of the Triffids -- hands down. One of my most favourite novels too, really got to me as a kid reading it so I'd rather deal with vicious plants than aliens and zombies any day. ;p

@darkbeam said:

This is my first time asking you something so here it goes do you like Scott Summers Cyclops ,how old are you, and how long have you been reading comics

A) I do like Scott - very much - but not as he is being portrayed right now (not as he's been portrayed for a long time now). I want him back to how he was before, which was a strong, powerful leader who was unwavering in his goal of protecting those who fear and hate him, striving for the day mutants and the rest of humanity could live in peace, side by side.

(B) 21

(C) Ever since I turned ten, so that would make it eleven years that I've been a comics fan. :)

-------------------------------------------------

That's all she wrote. :)

Posted by DecoyElite

Why have you declared war on the activity feed?

Posted by GraniteSoldier

@lykopis:

Do you have a dog? If so what breed or mix? If not, what kind would you get?

I have a German Shepherd/Border Collie mix named Flash.

Posted by mrdecepticonleader

Is scaring children fun?

Posted by Dragonborn_CT

Don't you find ironic that Marvel already has their own Wonder Woman while DC/Warner is too worried to use the actual one?

-___-

Posted by Darling_Luna

Why come my cats no like my parades I throw for them ?

Edited by Rouflex

Why cant we attach a Hamster to someone back?

Posted by Darling_Luna

In Super Sentai, there are a few cases of characters dressing up as Hitler or as Nazis and not just in the older time, just recently. Granted it's meant to "comedic" and it's Japan's culture and what they wanted, so I can't toss stones. But I think it a bit much for a kids show (but one case is in the Adult parody sentai). What do you think ? (sorry for this lol)

Posted by lykopis

Just when I thought/hoped this had disappeared into thread oblivion....:P

Why come my cats no like my parades I throw for them ?

They DO like the parades, but they are cats. They can't (won't) let you know that. Because cats.

In Super Sentai, there are a few cases of characters dressing up as Hitler or as Nazis and not just in the older time, just recently. Granted it's meant to "comedic" and it's Japan's culture and what they wanted, so I can't toss stones. But I think it a bit much for a kids show (but one case is in the Adult parody sentai). What do you think ? (sorry for this lol)

You know, a little while back there was someone making mention of a book who had one of the characters who drew some inspiration from Hitler. Could it be that the East doesn't have the same amount of distaste for Hitler as compared to the West? Like, I would love to know the history curriculum is in Japan, how WWII is taught. Maybe they make him a foolish figure? I agree though, for me, this is a bit much for a kids show -- this wouldn't be shown here in Canada. I at least think it wouldn't. 0_o

@rouflex said:

Who said we can't? Someone oughta try it.

Posted by Rouflex

@lykopis said:

@rouflex said:

Its clearly stated in the Hamster Constitution, if you dont want a war with them you should retire this :O

Edited by lykopis

Why have you declared war on the activity feed?

I have a nasty habit of spamming the acitivity feed. >_>

Now -- where are you? :(

@lykopis:

Do you have a dog? If so what breed or mix? If not, what kind would you get?

I have a German Shepherd/Border Collie mix named Flash.

Flash is ADORABLE!!! Awwwww! No dog for me although I have a special affection for poodle mixes. Considering Flash's mix, he must be super intelligent.

Is scaring children fun?

Not only is it fun, it makes the world go 'round. There is some awesome energy to be tapped there and it keeps my skin dewy soft from their tears.

Don't you find ironic that Marvel already has their own Wonder Woman while DC/Warner is too worried to use the actual one?

-___-

LOL -- well, I know this is super late (sorry) and yeah, while I do consider Sif to be Marvel's Wonder Woman (at least in film) that Wonder Woman isn't getting her own film from the get go really disappoints me. With all the brouhaha over Ms Gadot, it's one of those "meh" things. We finally get Wonder Woman on the big screen yet at the same time, there is disappointment. Not so much for the actor chosen (although I am a bit put off by the choice) but because a legendary character who resides up there with Batman and Superman isn't getting the same treatment from the studios.

Just sheer stupidity. We are so ready for a Wonder Woman solo film. It should have been her film with cameos from the other two of the Trinity.

Again, so so so sorry you guys for the uber late responses. o.o

Posted by GraniteSoldier

@lykopis: Welcome back! And he is, too smart. As in figured out how to open doors on his own smart (imagine my surprise when I was on the toilet...). Now he's a little sister (or little sh*tster as I call her) named Phoenix, she's my wife's dog.

Nice to see you back, now for the question: how have you been?

Posted by lykopis

@lykopis: Welcome back! And he is, too smart. As in figured out how to open doors on his own smart (imagine my surprise when I was on the toilet...). Now he's a little sister (or little sh*tster as I call her) named Phoenix, she's my wife's dog.

Nice to see you back, now for the question: how have you been?

LOL -- well, that must have made for some entertainment. And your wife has amazing taste in names. Phoenix is an awesome name. Same mix as Flash?

And thank you, kind sir for the kind welcome back. I have been incredibly busy leading up into the holidays but now, things have pretty much peetered out. So I am good. **fingers crossed it stays this way - at least for a little bit**

Posted by lykopis

@rouflex said:

@lykopis said:

@rouflex said:

Its clearly stated in the Hamster Constitution, if you dont want a war with them you should retire this :O

K -- you have killed me with adorableness. That Constitution should be torn to bits, this needs to continue. I mean, look at those bunny costumes....awww.....

Posted by Darling_Luna

@lykopis: Heheh cats like secrets

Idk how you have same amount for mass genocide, I'll stop right there, not to sound insensitive on a culture I know nothing hehe.

I hope I don't sound like up tight, I'm leaning all shows should be dark and gritty= realistic and well written. More subs should have cuss words forced in for no reason. Family friendly is such an awful concept :P More shows about meth ! :P

Like ?

Posted by Rouflex

@lykopis said:

@rouflex said:

@lykopis said:

@rouflex said:

K -- you have killed me with adorableness. That Constitution should be torn to bits, this needs to continue. I mean, look at those bunny costumes....awww.....

This explains your situation with those hamsters.

Unfortunatly you dont understand a word...

Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@lykopis: Been a long ass time since I asked you something. So what has lykopis been up to all this time?

Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose

@lykopis said:

@darling_luna said:

You know, a little while back there was someone making mention of a book who had one of the characters who drew some inspiration from Hitler. Could it be that the East doesn't have the same amount of distaste for Hitler as compared to the West? Like, I would love to know the history curriculum is in Japan, how WWII is taught. Maybe they make him a foolish figure? I agree though, for me, this is a bit much for a kids show -- this wouldn't be shown here in Canada. I at least think it wouldn't. 0_o

I've heard that in Japan, World War 2 isn't taught in much detail. I read an article recently that may back up that idea, as it talks about how important events are only mentioned briefly, including "There was also just one sentence on the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki." I don't know how close this is to how it's currently taught though.

Posted by lykopis

@darling_luna:

I avoid shows like that. It's one thing for it to be a documentary (even then it's become exploited) and this whole realism thing meaning dark and gritty is just short-sighted. Shock factor is what these shows are after which to me is crappy writing. :/

(awesome video - heh heh)

@v_scarlotte_rose:

Thank you so much for that link -- I would say it must still be like that since the author is just in her twenties. I am glad she spoke about "comfort women" and the horrors unleased on Nanjing although it boggles the mind that the two incidents are downplayed and at one time, denied outright.

Selective education is one of the scariest weapons I think in the modern world.

Posted by lykopis

@rouflex: Looks like you enjoy Patrick Bruel. That first song on that playlist I've heard before and thank you for showing it to me. I could understand the lyrics just fine (although the video pretty much laid it out). Still -- interesting musical tastes you have.

@lykopis: Been a long ass time since I asked you something. So what has lykopis been up to all this time?

School, work, school, school and more work. I wish I had something exciting to tell you, but nope. I am more boring than ever. **sigh**

Posted by Rouflex

@lykopis said:

@rouflex: Looks like you enjoy Patrick Bruel. That first song on that playlist I've heard before and thank you for showing it to me. I could understand the lyrics just fine (although the video pretty much laid it out). Still -- interesting musical tastes you have.

That's not my playlist but yeah i like Patrick Bruel songs.

Posted by Rouflex

Could you achieve this feat (7:00)?

Posted by lykopis
Edited by Darling_Luna

@lykopis:

Can you peep this ?

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/kamen-rider-hibiki-a-kitten-review-1524766/#0

Posted by lykopis
Edited by God_Spawn

How are you feeling now that it has been a few months since Finn and Flame Princess' break up?

Posted by lykopis

How are you feeling now that it has been a few months since Finn and Flame Princess' break up?

I was in serious Finn hate mode for a while - then I felt one hundred times better when FP made the right choice in a follow up episode and decided to keep things as friends. Plus, knowing Finn is still in love with her makes it feel better since he should be hurting. Although - what is up with him hitting on PB so soon after FP and his break up? Must be a guy thing. So many people defended Finn saying he's a young teenager and prone to making mistakes, etc, but how does that make it okay when he really betrayed FP. Doesn't this experience also affect her considering she was a young girl cooped up and never allowed to experience life on her own terms?

wow -- that was more than I though I would share. :P

Posted by Dragonborn_CT

@lykopis: Hehehe no problem, friend xD This was a really old question, before they even announced Miss Bones was going to play WW -____-

Would you be surprised if I tell I liked AC IV more than I thought, when I originally bitched about being pirates and stuff like that?

Do you think this makes a great villain theme?

Edited by lykopis

@dragonborn_ct:

k - I have to admit, I giggled at the Miss Bones comment.

That's a pretty cool villain theme. o-o I am even more shocked you liked IV so much? That is really saying something coming from you. Did you make a blog about it yet?

Edited by consolemaster001

@lykopis:

Guten tag

So Jennifer Lawrence, yay or nay ?

Edited by Dragonborn_CT

@lykopis: I made a blog anouncing I would review it http://www.comicvine.com/profile/dragonborn_ct/blog/my-ps3-and-assassin-s-creed-iv-review-update/95149/ I had no plans of playing this game, but since I got it as an early Christmas present, might as well be done it. I am already beat the game at this point, and turns out the game is not only very awesome, but is my second favorite AC game right after II O_O

I promise I will review it as soon as possible and I will go in detail there, explaining why I liked it so much.

Posted by lykopis

@dragonborn_ct:

Now that is something, lol. I look forward to the review when you manage to get to it.

@lykopis:

Guten tag

So Jennifer Lawrence, yay or nay ?

Buongiorno, amico mio!

I say yay -- she's too genuine and besides, Hugh Jackman saved her from falling all the way down when she tripped on her dress at some award show so just for that, she's a winner in my book.

Posted by mrdecepticonleader
Edited by TifaLockhart

@lykopis: how tall are you? How big are your feet?

Posted by consolemaster001

@lykopis: Yay !!

Have you seen pirsoners ?

One of the best movies of 2013 probably.

Posted by GraniteSoldier

@lykopis: She is the same mix, but the parents are flipped. Flash's mother is the German Shepherd, his dad is the Border Collie. Phoenix's dad is the Shepherd, and her mom is the Border Collie.

It is good to see you back, hope 2014 is a good one for you.

Posted by Darling_Luna

How do you feel that each Super sentai team, as of this year. will always have a Silver Ranger ? (at least for the time being)

I love Silver, but it will get old fast. I wished they tried more colors, or change the preset colors, like girls wear green or black. which was something rumored along with a ghost hunting/paranormal team

Edited by God_Spawn

@lykopis: Opinion on Bendis Emma after the last few issues of UXM, such as the one with being the one to help Benjamin or taking the girls shopping and seeming fine on her own two feet?

Posted by laflux

What are your plans for New Years?

Edited by wildvine

What Marvel character would you like to see me write? (My gift to you. <3)

Posted by lykopis

@lykopis: Ha ha ha ha!

;)

@lykopis: how tall are you? How big are your feet?

5'2 - 5'3 (ish)

5 1/2 but I usually buy size 6 because most shoe stores don't sell smaller.

@lykopis: Yay !!

Have you seen pirsoners ?

One of the best movies of 2013 probably.

I haven't seen it but I shall place it on my list. If you liked it, then I know it'll be awesome.

@lykopis: She is the same mix, but the parents are flipped. Flash's mother is the German Shepherd, his dad is the Border Collie. Phoenix's dad is the Shepherd, and her mom is the Border Collie.

It is good to see you back, hope 2014 is a good one for you.

That is so cool! I wonder if there is any differences between the two (outside of sex, lol) with the parents being flipped like that.

And thank you -- I hope the same for you as well this year. :)

Edited by Rouflex

What color is your underwear on mondays?

Posted by lykopis

How do you feel that each Super sentai team, as of this year. will always have a Silver Ranger ? (at least for the time being)

I love Silver, but it will get old fast. I wished they tried more colors, or change the preset colors, like girls wear green or black. which was something rumored along with a ghost hunting/paranormal team

Hmm, I guess Silver is okay but I think they should have chosen another, less known colour. And I agree with you about having traditional colours not be gender'set -- I would really, really love to see a female sentai be in black! How cool would that be? Same with a ghost hunting/paranormal team -- it would fit with the whole demon thing they sometimes have going on, no?

@lykopis: Opinion on Bendis Emma after the last few issues of UXM, such as the one with being the one to help Benjamin or taking the girls shopping and seeming fine on her own two feet?

k -- I could make this a huge response but I am reigning myself in.

Yes **bites inside of her cheeck** I am much more happier with Emma's depiction in the last few issues. No more cattiness in terms of others being attracted to Scott and the Emma I know -- which is the best teacher of mutants I have yet to come across in the Marvel universe -- she has arrived.

Now. Bendis would do well to keep this up. While he might think he has the whole "female" dialogue down based on the shopping trip - Girls Night Out kinda fizzled for me (I have yet to know of any female who wouldn't want to bring along guys clothes shopping) but I did appreciate the extra effort in regards to Jean's relationship with the Stepfords and yes, my glorious Emma in her high fashion glory. I adored the faux hawk, hard.

As for the latest issue -- I can't comment. I am still processing it. 0_o

@laflux said:

What are your plans for New Years?

I worked until 2 am. Got to be myself by 3am (which is what my New Year's would have been back home) so all in all, it was okay. Not my usual but then again, not doing things I usually do is a good start to the year. :)

@wildvine said:

What Marvel character would you like to see me write? (My gift to you. <3)

You've already written so much - your Rogue amalgam and your Adventure Time, remember? Seriously, just keep writing your awesome stories, they are already gifts on their own. Oh, and your poems. I got to read only one but it really resonated with me. There is no guise in you, espeically when it comes to your writing talent.

Posted by lykopis

@rouflex said:

Quelque chose.

Posted by Rouflex

@lykopis said:

@rouflex said:

Quelque chose.

Not accurate at all IMO :P.

Posted by lykopis
Posted by God_Spawn

@lykopis: How do you feel of the new Wolverine ongoing being written by Cornell and art by Stegman? It seems Logan will be using man made claws vs his own since he isn't apparently getting his healing factor back yet.

Posted by Rouflex

Do you prefer Fin & Jake or Fionna & Cake?

Posted by lykopis

@lykopis: How do you feel of the new Wolverine ongoing being written by Cornell and art by Stegman? It seems Logan will be using man made claws vs his own since he isn't apparently getting his healing factor back yet.

Yeah, I don't really know how to feel about this. For me, Wolverine has had one of his worst years, character depiction-wise. This whole loss of healing factor and his reaction to it...it rings hollow to me as I understand Wolverine to be. Having another ongoing exploring more of the same has me feeling more unenthusiastic. It's been so bad that any title with Wolverine I have let fall to the bottom of my pile, comic book catch up wise.

I need to get your take on this -- I will attack your ask blog in a few, I have a couple of questions I want to throw your way.