11 Comments
Posted by BatWatch

@FatihBATMAN said:

I actually like all of the episodes, the whole series in fact...Because its rare that I play a game even well after a year plus has a nice side series, its a very cool thing (for me) to still be served with "fan service" about the game. love the game, love the comic series.

That's cool. I think the idea of having a comic based of the game is cool, but I just didn't feel the stories were that great, but to each their own.

Posted by FatihBATMAN

I actually like all of the episodes, the whole series in fact...Because its rare that I play a game even well after a year plus has a nice side series, its a very cool thing (for me) to still be served with "fan service" about the game. love the game, love the comic series.

Posted by BatWatch

@redhoodnet said:

I really enjoyed the Arkham City Sirens issue that we got last month. I would say that out of all the Comics that came out out of a videogame this may be the best. Is this Snyder's Batman? No of course not. But I think it is good fun!

I'm glad you liked it, but the reviews I have heard on the issues currently coming out in hard copy have been rather bad. I know the recent fair before Traviss' run was awful, and even Traviss' stuff is far from great.

Anyway though, it is always nice, on some level, to see a Batman book has a fanbase.

Posted by redhoodnet

I really enjoyed the Arkham City Sirens issue that we got last month. I would say that out of all the Comics that came out out of a videogame this may be the best. Is this Snyder's Batman? No of course not. But I think it is good fun!

Posted by BatWatch

(laughs about somethingsomething) That's quite possible.

I need to research how the digital first series are selling. It is a bit difficult to figure since they are sold separately and then later in solid form, so I am not sure what ComicBookResources' sales estimates record. Regardless though, I have seen enough numbers to know that the digital first sales are not insignificant.

Posted by SmashBrawler

@BatWatch: Alright, that's what I had heard about it.

The way I see it, the series sells because it has "Batman: Arkham somethingsomething" on the title, so DC doesn't really care about its quality as long as it sells. Plus, it's a digital series, so that probably puts it even closer to the bottom of their priority list.

Posted by BatWatch

@FatihBATMAN said:

i think its pretty good!! the whole shabang, i have red every episode, and gonna keep buyibg them, im a bug fan of the Arkhamverse! While its not as good as the Batman canon its a good sidetrack to read!

Well, to each their own. It did not work for me, but maybe I am being overly cynical. What is your favorite story so far and why?

@SmashBrawler said:

Yeah, I imagined this series wan't going to be too good. Dini's Arkham City miniseries was just okay.

BTW, does this include End Game or was that actually good?

@FatihBATMAN said:

Good question

I didn't look at End Game in particular. In fact, I have not read most of these books, but I have looked at several reviews of them by people I trust. I wanted to include that tidbit in the main article, but when I try to fit too many details in an OP, people stop reading. From what I understand, End Game was just okay.

@Skewer said:

The series should just get cancelled, there's just no more story you could get out of it.

If they had a plot set for the next game in the franchise, they could do a lot to set up for it and fill in the gaps between now and then, but I am sure they do not want to give any writers liberty to explain what happens after the game until the story for the next game set in stone.

I mentioned liking "The Slough of Despond" but it is beginning to fill like it is just stalling.

Posted by Skewer

The series should just get cancelled, there's just no more story you could get out of it.

Posted by FatihBATMAN

Good question

Posted by SmashBrawler

Yeah, I imagined this series wan't going to be too good. Dini's Arkham City miniseries was just okay.

BTW, does this include End Game or was that actually good?

Posted by FatihBATMAN

i think its pretty good!! the whole shabang, i have red every episode, and gonna keep buyibg them, im a bug fan of the Arkhamverse! While its not as good as the Batman canon its a good sidetrack to read!