141 Comments
  • 141 results
Edited by angrir

stupid thread, no need to show off man!!!!

Posted by Takao0815

@juniora96758:

Was a Gammerbombe. No antimatter bomb.

The regeneration has taken years.

Was the Maestro Hulk.

Posted by juniorA96758

I have a question. Hulk can regenerate from energy gamma? I read in the internet that Hulk was completely destroyed by an antimatter bomb and he returned thanks to the gamma energy in the environment.

Posted by Lvenger

Um the images aren't working mate. The smaller ones at least aren't opening properly. You might want to make a bug report about it.

Posted by Bezza

This is a brilliant thread! Yep, give the Hulk respect, he doesn't always get it. What I love about the character is that he has various incarnations and the ultimate World Breaker one hasn't been taken down by anyone. So theoretically he could have a go at anyone. Respect!

Edited by Teh_pwnerer

Bravo. This is a classic thread!

Posted by GreenScar1990

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

If you want to discuss a tv show, please do it elsewhere.

This is a Respect thread dedicated to the Hulk.

'Nuff said.

Edited by cameron83

@cameron83 said:

@darkknightdetective said:

@TheAcidSkull: Oh btw have you ever seen this?

skip to 1:53

I don't see those names as bad (well he has a point with j jonah jameson jr) but the thing with Fantastic four,Daredevil,Sue Storm,Victor Von Doom,etc are all weak points....what about Kara Kent? Clark Kent?

Connor Kent? etc..I mean,I know it was a joke,but none of those could've been serious points. There is nothing wrong with those...except for like,Fin Fang Foom....

I mean...seriously?!

I mean,I can't take anything his character says on the show seriously,like,at all. Everything he says just sounds so idiotic and weak and ignorant just for the sake of making a minor complaint.And in this case he picks and chooses names (even inserting in names,such as Invincible in front of Iron Man's name,even though that's not part of his name,just a title for a book) Also,did he forget about Clark Kent,Kara Kent,Lex Luther,Teen Titans,Metal Men,Conner Kent,Billy Batson,Lois Lane,Lana Lane,Wally West,Guy Gardner,Wonder Woman,B'wana Beast,Beast Boy,Cassandra Cain,etc etc...I see that he conveniently forgot these...I just hope these guys aren't DC fanboys,from what it seems.....

Regarding what I said,I mean,I remember him complaining that "Aquaman sucks" even though he clearly refers to Aquaman as the Superfriends version,completely ignoring the comic version and all the other media portrayals. So,as said,he makes his weak,petty arguments with ignorance and him even leaving out tons of information or misrepresenting.

And lastly (regarding his argument),even with a ridiculous name (in my opinion) like Fin Fang Foom,that doesn't take away from the quality of the character at all...

I mean,I don't even really like this show. It just makes references that no one (besides us fans) understands (but before I never understood any of the references) and it just hits too close to home. More importantly,but they promote the stereotypes of the comic book community and superheroes,making it seem as if comics were the same that they were in the 1950s. The stereotypes are just....ugh.

And most of the jokes aren't even funny. Just pathetically desperate lonely males seeking women while just making awkward jokes in attempts at being funny. But this part is just my opinion

Posted by cameron83

@TheAcidSkull: Oh btw have you ever seen this?

skip to 1:53

I don't see those names as bad (well he has a point with j jonah jameson jr) but the thing with Fantastic four,Daredevil,Sue Storm,Victor Von Doom,etc are all weak points....what about Kara Kent? Clark Kent?

Connor Kent? etc..I mean,I know it was a joke,but none of those could've been serious points. There is nothing wrong with those...except for like,Fin Fang Foom....

Posted by TheAcidSkull

Very good, best respect thread I've seen yet! (Y)

Thanks man :D

Edited by New_World_Order

Very good, best respect thread I've seen yet! (Y)

Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

@theacidskull: Lol well we could use those scans of Superman KOeing Hulk which I think you would love (KACKLES loudly in the distance)

Posted by TheAcidSkull

@theacidskull: SOOO MANNNY FEATS to cover and look for I would love to but I think it's more than a one man job it's a sound Idea and I might plan on working on it (wonder if anyone's done a Thor one yet) but I will try to find people to aid me in my quest if I do decide to start it. Know anyone that would be helpful?

No Problem you did an outstanding job on this. fellow Hulk fanboy Greg Pak would be proud :). plus we can shove this in the face of anyone who disrespect's the Strongest One There Is.

hELL YEAH!

CITIZENBANE IS basically a supes expert, so is killemall, i'd help but i have no clue lol

@theacidskull: SOOO MANNNY FEATS to cover and look for I would love to but I think it's more than a one man job it's a sound Idea and I might plan on working on it (wonder if anyone's done a Thor one yet) but I will try to find people to aid me in my quest if I do decide to start it. Know anyone that would be helpful?

No Problem you did an outstanding job on this. fellow Hulk fanboy Greg Pak would be proud :). plus we can shove this in the face of anyone who disrespect's the Strongest One There Is.

Edited by TheAcidSkull

@theacidskull: No problem. I really like the fact that you repeated everything in categories so it wasn't all over the place awesome feat's Love the Hulk. now if only someone had the time to do this for Superman....Now there's an idea.

why don't you do it ? :) and thanks

@theacidskull: No problem. I really like the fact that you repeated everything in categories so it wasn't all over the place awesome feat's Love the Hulk. now if only someone had the time to do this for Superman....Now there's an idea.

Posted by TheAcidSkull

Amazing love this.

Edited by GreenScar1990

The Hulk deserves major respect.

Much more than he's given, especially on these boards.

Posted by Verotikryptonite

I respect the Hulk.

Edited by Takao0815
Edited by TheAcidSkull

???

you said that Worldbreaker / King Hulk / World War Hulk

fought against Zeus.

I've just explained that he was not there.

the new Bannerhulk fought against Zeus.

Other forces.

Other personality.

another incarnation

this is going nowhere, the BANNER HULK of which you are referring to IS the world breaker, only in a clam controlled state

Edited by Takao0815

???

you said that Worldbreaker / King Hulk / World War Hulk

fought against Zeus.

I've just explained that he was not there.

the new Bannerhulk fought against Zeus.

Other forces.

Other personality.

another incarnation

edit:

Ups just see errors in translation

Posted by TheAcidSkull

@takao0815: Not sure why you are telling me something i already know, either ways world breaker IS world war, only when he cuts loose.

Edited by Takao0815

War in Manhattan

Short at first encounter with Skaar

WWHS

HEART OF THE MONSTER ("HELD BACK IN MANHATTAN")

= Worldbreaker.

After the war in Manhattan

Savage Hulk

then

Gray Hulk

then

Wendihulk

then

Savage Hulk

then

Microverse Hulk

then

Savage Hulk

then

no Hulk

then

Worldbreaker

then

new Bannerhulk (change during the fight with Skaar)

Dark Sun

chaos War

Battle with Zeus

Savage Land

everything Bannerhulk

HEART OF THE MONSTER

BannerHulk is transform to Worldbreaker

then

Bannerhulk

then

nul

Further appearances of a Banner Hulk (known for control over transformation)

Incredible Hulk # 4, 123, 124, 140, 156, 248, 272-296, 12 annual

Defenders # 122-125

Fantastic Four # 266-268

Marvel Fanfare # 47

Secret Wars # 1-12

Tales to Astonish # 70-71

Posted by TheAcidSkull

It was not the Worldbreaker.

This disappeared in WWHS.

The shock has driven him.

(the thing with Galactus).

Even during the battle took another Hulk.

The Hulk is there to behave quite differently.

Forces and personality fit to Banner Hulk.

it was world war hulk, same incarnation, same personality, same relationship with banner

he even says that he " HELD BACK IN MANHATTAN" which is where the war took place

Posted by Takao0815

It was not the Worldbreaker.

This disappeared in WWHS.

The shock has driven him.

(the thing with Galactus).

Even during the battle took another Hulk.

The Hulk is there to behave quite differently.

Forces and personality fit to Banner Hulk.

Posted by TheAcidSkull

@theacidskull said:

@bronze_surfer said:

@theacidskull: Wait... so it was world war hulk who fought Zeus? Everyone on the youtubes say it was Savage Hulk. Also do you know any feats for Maestro?

Guys on youtube mostly don't know half of what they say. yes it was WWH who fought Zeus. also Maestro mopped the floor with prof hulk :)

It wasn't world war hulk, WWH only appeared at the War in manhattan... That Hulk that fought Zeus was "weaker" than WWH because he wasn't as pissed as WWH. Its a Pak's Hulk for sure but not WWH.

it was, it's the same version, and that anger never goes away, he just sucks it up, and lets it out in HEART F THE MONSTER, paks hulk Is WWH, same version as i said.

Posted by GhostRavage

@bronze_surfer said:

@theacidskull: Wait... so it was world war hulk who fought Zeus? Everyone on the youtubes say it was Savage Hulk. Also do you know any feats for Maestro?

Guys on youtube mostly don't know half of what they say. yes it was WWH who fought Zeus. also Maestro mopped the floor with prof hulk :)

It wasn't world war hulk, WWH only appeared at the War in manhattan... That Hulk that fought Zeus was "weaker" than WWH because he wasn't as pissed as WWH. Its a Pak's Hulk for sure but not WWH.

Edited by TheAcidSkull

@zardu said:

Oha, a very detailed thread. Respect, sir.

True, Hulk is not only defined by his strength. Rather, he is a strong personality that would not exist without banner. The conflict between the two is the real core of this comic book character.

I think Hulk's strongest muscle is his heart.

Thank you very much my friend :), i did use some help outside my one hulk comics, though

and definitely, hulk is the strongest at heart :)

Edited by Zardu

Oha, a very detailed thread. Respect, sir.

True, Hulk is not only defined by his strength. Rather, he is a strong personality that would not exist without Banner. The conflict between the two is the real core of this comic book character.

I think Hulk's strongest muscle is his heart.

Posted by dum529001

Here is the Whole Scene of Hulk Pushing apart the two Spheres of Matter and Anti-matter in Marvel Team-up Annual #2:

Posted by Bronze_Surfer

@theacidskull: Thank you good sir. And thank you for making this amazing thread.

Posted by TheAcidSkull

@theacidskull: Not that I don't believe you. But how do we know it is WWH? Is WWH still around?

After world war hulk banner had repressed this incarnation, so the savage hulk came back, but red hulk absorbed the gamma rays from bruce banner and he was hulk-less for a while. but during world war HULKS banner absorbed gamma radiation again and the text says the World breaker had returned. ( World Breaker is World War Hulk Only When he is really pisssed). after WWH came back he got a series called incredible hulks, which was when he fought Zeus.

Edited by Bronze_Surfer

@theacidskull: Not that I don't believe you. But how do we know it is WWH? Is WWH still around?

Posted by TheAcidSkull

Posted by JJ62

Love this! Hulk is my favorite, and sadly severely underrated and overhated. Great scans btw!

Posted by Bronze_Surfer

Posted by Lvenger

@greenscar1990: It could have something to do with Hulk's ability to interact with astral forms. He's done it twice before in David's run I believe. Maybe that's why he could grab and break Strange's hands in astral form.

Edited by TheAcidSkull

@killemall's contributions:

Hulk fights Drax with Power Gem, this is the weakest version of Hulk (Grey Hulk)

How powerful is Drax, well classic example Silver Sufer vol 3 98.

Firstly Champion busts a planet

Then he gets one shotted by Drax.. so powerful enough to one shot a planet buster, and Superman hasnt busted a planet yet

Posted by GreenScar1990
Posted by Lvenger

@greenscar1990: It's one thing to possess knowledge but applying it in a relevant situation is another different skill entirely. And I'm looking through my copy of that issue now and I find only Strange fighting WWH possessed by Zom. There's a mention of Hulk crushing Strange's hands but either it doesn't happen in that specific issue or you're mistaken that it happened on panel. Or he crushed his hands outside of his mind. One of those is pretty likely.

Edited by GreenScar1990

@lvenger: You wanted proof with Angrir-Thing and Red Hulk. I gave you videos and the issues labeled.

And technically speaking, the vampire that Nul-Hulk extinguished with his breath was not intangible but merely turned in a vaporus mist to which the vampire used escape bodily harm. Would that really count as truly intangible? That's debateable.

And also for your information, TheAcidSkull got quite a bit of information from a certain Hulk Respect Thread that I gave the link for him to find. I've got thousands of comics, including all these listed on this respect thread and more. I have them all in comics, TPB, HC form. Now I'm not saying that he is or isn't as well-informed as I am in regards to the Hulk. But discrediting what I know about the Green Goliath, whom I've been collecting everything for many years? Not cool.

And if you want Hulk grasping something intangible in nature, what about in World War Hulk #4 where he managed to crush Dr. Strange's hands when he entered Hulk's mind, something that he shouldn't have been able to do. Does that count in your book?

Posted by Lvenger

#

@lvenger: Oh, and I guess I'm not a Hulk expert? Well, I've got news for you. I have read as many and have as many, if not more knowledge/comics, regarding the Hulk than @theacidskull. And as for my proof regarding Angrir-Thing and Red Hulk? Got the videos, but I suggest reading the comics too!

Hulk 37-38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXpDvcjK1Uc&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EvlVK7PPZk&feature=player_detailpage

Really? Your debating knowledge seems to show a lack of actual Hulk knowledge of the context at hand. And the main point I was asking you is this. Show me scans that prove Hulk can tag intangible foes without a hammer from the Serpant to do so. That was what I was asking you. All you've done is answer something that didn't need answering. I've bolded it here so it's nice and clear for you to see. I wasn't contesting that most versions of the Hulk couldn't achieve the same level of destruction Nul could. I was asking whether Hulk has ever tagged an intangible foe when he wasn't Nul.

Posted by Lvenger

@lvenger:

Density-shifting makes it easier to pass through things but when met with a certain amount of inertia from another object, It impossible to pass through without doing harm.

It becomes a battle between the density-shifter and resistance force of the object he's trying to pass through. The density-shifter must overcome the object's resistance force with a force of their own or be crushed . Whoever has the greater force wins and whoever has the lesser force is crushed.

Density shifting has its limits. Nothing is competely untouchable.

Can things be made Harder to touch? Yes! Impossible to touch? Certainly not!

Examples:

in Avengers #165-66 and incredible Hulk #300:

I'm confused. How exactly do these scans this prove that Hulk can tag intangible foes when he doesn't have a hammer amping his abilities? In the second scan, Vision's being trapped in the Hulk's body has more to do with the gamma radiation empowering Hulk on a molecular level trapping Vision in the Hulk's body. And if you actually read the first scan rather than just post it, you'd see that Nefaria said "However apparently my transformed body is too charged with super energy for your ghostly form to pass through" and then hits Vision because of the equal reaction of Vision's failing to pass through Nefaria. None of which proves Hulk can tag an intangible foe without being Nul which was my point. And it's still standing unfortunately. Thus, Hulk cannot tag an intangible foe without being Nul clearly.

Posted by dum529001

@lvenger:

Density-shifting makes it easier to pass through things but when met with a certain amount of inertia from another object, It impossible to pass through without doing harm.

It becomes a battle between the density-shifter and resistance force of the object he's trying to pass through. The density-shifter must overcome the object's resistance force with a force of their own or be crushed . Whoever has the greater force wins and whoever has the lesser force is crushed.

Density shifting has its limits. Nothing is competely untouchable.

Can things be made Harder to touch? Yes! Impossible to touch? Certainly not!

Examples:

in Avengers #165-66 and incredible Hulk #300:

Posted by Lvenger

@lvenger Please, there wasn't anything that Nul-Hulk did that an very enraged Savage Hulk couldn't have accomplished. I've got the feats to prove it. Nul-Hulk just used the hammer to smash. Now I agree that Nul-Hulk is stronger than a calm Hulk, but as far as being amped, if he was it wasn't to that great of a degree based on what he did as Nul-Hulk. In fact, while it may be true that most of the Worthy slightly amped physically by their transformations, its arguable that the hammers was where the power lied, not the Worthy themselves.

Oh by all means show me how I'm wrong. Because I've looked through this detailed, comprehensive respect thread by TheAcidSkull and I haven't seen one single showing of Hulk disrupting an intangible foe except when he was Nul. But by all means if you somehow know something the OP, one of the best Hulk experts I know doesn't, prove me wrong. And bear in mind that the Hammers amped everyone. Attuma went from a 40 tonner to being able to stomp Namor and the Defenders easily. Juggernaut was barely affected by anything the X-Men threw at him, even a TP assault and BFRing which were tactics that have worked in the past against an ordinary Juggernaut. The Grey Gargoyle turned everyone in Paris into statues and defeated Iron Man. So tell me, how does Hulk's tagging an intangible foe not have anything to do with the massive hammer he had on him?

After all, Thor's hammer Mjolnir still bursted through Angrir-Thing as it would normally would if he were regular Thing prior to obtaining the hammer. Not to mention that Red Hulk's blows really hurt Angrir-Thing, the only edge being that Angrir-Thing had a powerful mystical weapon aka the hammer/Breaker of Souls in his possession. It was also stated in Jef Parker's Red Hulk Fear Itself tie-ins that if Red Hulk had used his energy absorbing powers, he would have prevailed over Angrir-Thing but did not for fear of being unable to turn back into Ross again.

Mjolnir is a far more durable weapon than Angrir. And Thor can summon it back any time he wishes so clearly a hammer through the chest is going to leave a massive hole in Angrir's chest. Can't find the scans of Rulk vs Angrir so I'll have to take your word for it and Parker's too. However, given that the Thing would have been no match for Rulk even on his best day, it's very apparent that his amp as Angrir would have had a big effect on the outcome of the fight.

Posted by GreenScar1990

@lvenger Please, there wasn't anything that Nul-Hulk did that an very enraged Savage Hulk couldn't have accomplished. I've got the feats to prove it. Nul-Hulk just used the hammer to smash. Now I agree that Nul-Hulk is stronger than a calm Hulk, but as far as being amped, if he was it wasn't to that great of a degree based on what he did as Nul-Hulk. In fact, while it may be true that most of the Worthy slightly amped physically by their transformations, its arguable that the hammers was where the power lied, not the Worthy themselves.

After all, Thor's hammer Mjolnir still bursted through Angrir-Thing as it would normally would if he were regular Thing prior to obtaining the hammer. Not to mention that Red Hulk's blows really hurt Angrir-Thing, the only edge being that Angrir-Thing had a powerful mystical weapon aka the hammer/Breaker of Souls in his possession. It was also stated in Jef Parker's Red Hulk Fear Itself tie-ins that if Red Hulk had used his energy absorbing powers, he would have prevailed over Angrir-Thing but did not for fear of being unable to turn back into Ross again.

• 141 results