42 Comments
Posted by RoboShark

~!~

I almost posted this. I will definitely be checkin this out.

Posted by ReVamp

I like.

Posted by RoboShark

All those covers are great really love the first two though.

Wheelchair on fire? WHAT?

Posted by evilvegeta74

Nice!

Posted by Kallarkz

surely they will give him his healing factor in this so that he might be able to complete this task.

I might pick this up...been enjoying his presence in X-Force.

Edited by Shutdown

I am assuming this is a What If? like the Punisher one (the name escapes me at this time).

Posted by KRYPTON

@RoboShark said:

I know right, Deadpool must like setting wheel chairs on fire instead of people.

@Shutdown said:

I am assuming this is a What If? like the Punisher one (the name escapes me at this time).

Yes this is a What If? story.

@Kallarkz said:

surely they will give him his healing factor in this so that he might be able to complete this task.

I might pick this up...been enjoying his presence in X-Force.

Hopefully. Though this is a what if? story, it possibly will run in-and-out of Deadpool continuity.

Posted by htb106

I'm sure they did something like this for the punisher a few years ago...

Posted by KRYPTON

@htb106 said:

I'm sure they did something like this for the punisher a few years ago...

You are correct dude, they did. In 1995, a comic by writer Garth Ennis and with artwork by Doug Braithwaite, the two wrote a comic called "Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe." As you can see, Deadpool has the same title, except with his name. Punisher kills the marvel universe, had only 1 issue. This one-shot issue was very rare and didn't get much fame until Ennis became famous. I think i still have this comic some where, but yeah it did come out.

Posted by X35

Cullen Bunn... writing another Marvel book... yeesh.

Posted by KRYPTON

@X35 said:

he definitely picked the ideal character to write about.

Posted by Icarusflies

>Yawn<

Posted by SUPER-MAN 23

@Icarusflies said:

>Yawn<

I can see your extremely excited for this comic book.

Posted by X35

@KRYPTON said:

@X35 said:

Considering he's already writing pretty much every other Marvel book, I don't think he had much left to choose from to also write ¬_¬

Posted by KRYPTON

@X35 said:

@KRYPTON said:

@X35 said:

Considering he's already writing pretty much every other Marvel book, I don't think he had much left to choose from to also write ¬_¬

True. But he could've picked Kingpin instead of Deadpool. I don't think I'd even read a book about Kingpin killing the Marvel universe.

Posted by ryu_talkative_batman
Edited by The_Tree

Marvel must really like Cullen Bunn, it seems like he popped out of nowhere and now he's everywhere. This looks interesting though, I love these covers.

Posted by aztek_the_lost

They also did Marvel Universe vs. Punisher which was the same idea wasn't it? and vs. Wolverine and one for Deadpool too apparently...seems like they need to try using different characters if you ask me

Posted by KRYPTON

@aztek_the_lost said:

They also did Marvel Universe vs. Punisher which was the same idea wasn't it? and vs. Wolverine and one for Deadpool too apparently...seems like they need to try using different characters if you ask me

I don't remember the Marvel Universe vs. Punisher all to well. Was it more of a the Marvel Universe is bent on killing the Punisher, or was Punisher on a mission to kill everyone? I guess Marvel likes to say "hey, were going to throw around crazy ideals, someone give us a crazy ideal!" And thus the birth of things like (insert characters name) kills the Marvel Universe. Marvel will use any story to kill off their characters. Event though they come back later.

@The_Tree said:

Marvel must really like Cullen Bunn, it seems like he popped out of nowhere and now he's everywhere. This looks interesting though, I love these covers.

I'm just glad Cullen didn't decide to make: Kingpin kills the Marvel Universe.

Posted by Dark_Vengeance_

@ryu_talkative_batman said:

my reaction.

Posted by aztek_the_lost

@KRYPTON : I just looked it up because I remember something of this nature coming out recently, I never read it (although I considered it) but based on the CV description it sounds like Punisher killing everyone in the Marvel Universe, so this and all those other things

Posted by KRYPTON

@aztek_the_lost: Like you said, they must really like experimenting with different characters.

Posted by Jonny_Anonymous

meh

Posted by SUPER-MAN 23

@aztek_the_lost: I think that Marvel is setting the playing field for a much bigger story arc to happen right after this finishers. or near the end of this what if story. If I recall correctly wasn't there a huge marvel continuity story arc that was released in 2010 near the first issue of Marvel Universe vs Punisher? I think Marvel releases these books to hide the fact that they are making a huge story arc. That and they want to draw in new readers.

Posted by Deadcool

Finally...

But Punisher did it first, twice...

@spiderbat87 said:

meh
Posted by KRYPTON

@Deadcool: Marvel just likes experimenting with different characters, plus they like killing masses of heroes and villains in a four issue time span. Especially since it is a What If? story.

Edited by The Lobster
@aztek_the_lost said:

They made a Marvel Universe vs Punisher and it was a little different, it was basically I Am Legend with Frank Castle instead of Robert Neville. I really enjoyed it, I'd check it out. They also did one for Wolverine that was a prequel to Marvel Universe vs Punisher. They didn't do one with Deadpool though, he did play a big role in both though. Mostly as a secondary character. 

This one is different, according to the writer there are no zombies, or anything. Deadpool starts off as his normal present day self but something bad happens and he snaps and starts killing everyone. You can read the interview with the writer and editor here

@The_Tree

said:

It's better than DC's fascination with Rob Liefeld

Seriously DC, give him writing duties on Grifter, Deathstroke, and Hawkman. Plus having him draw Deathstroke from now on. Didn't you learn anything from Hawk and Dove?
Posted by The Lobster
@Deadcool said:

Finally...

But Punisher did it first, twice...

Which is probably why the cover for issue 4 has Deadpool killing the Punisher. I'm willing to bet that the Punisher is Deadpool's last target.
Posted by aztek_the_lost

@The Lobster : ah you were right about Deadpool not having one, that was just the name of one of the collections of his series

Posted by The Lobster
@aztek_the_lost said:

@The Lobster : ah you were right about Deadpool not having one, that was just the name of one of the collections of his series

Oh yeah I remember that now, it was a trade paperback of the last few issues of Cable and Deadpool, right? I can see how this could get confusing. First we get two Punisher vs Marvel Universe stories, one being a one-shot, the other being a 4 issue mini series. Then we get a prequel to that 4 issue mini series staring a different character. Then we have this trade paper back title.....yeesh, what a headache.
Posted by Brit

hot damn!!!

Posted by Strider92

As long as i get to see Deadpool take Wolverines head off i'll be happy!

Posted by KRYPTON

@Strider92 said:

As long as i get to see Deadpool take Wolverines head off i'll be happy!

Lol, yeah

Posted by Billy Batson

@RoboShark said:

Professor Xavier?
BB

Posted by TheGoldenOne
@spiderbat87 said:
meh
Posted by RoboShark

@Billy Batson said:

@RoboShark said:

Professor Xavier?
BB

I just like the image, hurting the handicapped is just clean fun.

Posted by Billy Batson

@RoboShark said:

@Billy Batson said:

@RoboShark said:

Professor Xavier?
BB

I just like the image, hurting the handicapped is just clean fun.

very true.
BB

Posted by SupremeHyperion

I hate deadpool, hopefully by killing the marvel universe it means he kills himself (ooohhh plot twist)

Posted by BatWatch

I read a Punisher story where his family was killed in a superhero fight which made Punisher believe that all meta-human needed to be killed. His ultimate trick was getting all the X-Men to face off with the Brotherhood on the moon at which point Castle set off a nuclear bomb.

Does anybody know if that was Punisher vs. Marvel Universe or what?

Posted by KRYPTON

@PsychoKnights said:

I read a Punisher story where his family was killed in a superhero fight which made Punisher believe that all meta-human needed to be killed. His ultimate trick was getting all the X-Men to face off with the Brotherhood on the moon at which point Castle set off a nuclear bomb.

Does anybody know if that was Punisher vs. Marvel Universe or what?

That is not Punisher Vs. The Marvel Universe, that is Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe. Punisher's family was killed in a battle between Avengers, X-men and the evil Brood.

@SupremeHyperion said:

I hate deadpool, hopefully by killing the marvel universe it means he kills himself (ooohhh plot twist)

A plot twist that only the writers would make, Deadpool (by doing this) is probably going to get himself erased by the writers. Because of them being outraged.