64 Comments
  • 64 results
Posted by RazzaTazz
@ReVamp: Well for me personally I don't even read the titles and wouldn't notice but they show up on my profile page after editing them.  I was kind of surprised to see the name of a nazi propaganda film on the profile page last night though
Posted by .Mistress Redhead.

@cattlebattle said:

Wow...that is well, inappropriate

Another great post by Razz

For reference this the film

Could it be deliberate though?

I mean the Corps all represent different "emotions or feelings" the Nazi's were all about controlling the world and cleansing it of impurities... so it may actually be deliberate.. and clever IMO

Posted by ReVamp
@RazzaTazz said:

@Vance Astro: Not so sure, would have been easy to call it "Triumph of Willpower"
Eh, you know, I kinda agree with Vance on this one. I know that it might be potentially offensive, but first of all I don't think that the line is half bad and I understand why they didn't go with the line you suggested.  But I can see how that's not enough, but I think that the main point is that most of the people that are going to read that book aren't going to get the reference at all and thus be offended. The reason I say this is because, I, unfortunately have to admit my ignorance and confess that I had never heard of the movie. So, never having seen it and having pretty much no idea what its about (except for the obvious), I just see the sentence as being reused. 
Still, all in all, good food for though. Nice Blog ^__^
Posted by RazzaTazz
@lykopis: Thanks, another good example :) 

@Vance Astro: Not so sure, would have been easy to call it "Triumph of Willpower"
Posted by Vance Astro

It would be more inappropriate if "Will" wasn't actually the source of Green Lantern's abilities.

Posted by Decept-O

I rather doubt anyone had any intention nor inclination to reference the Nazis regarding the choice of title, Then again this is just my opinion and I have no definitive proof to defend it.

The other titles, I mean, I think they are fun. I don't see anything wrong and I am a big New Wave music fan so I got a chuckle reading them. In the now defunct TV show HEROES, the horn rimmed glasses guy almost always spouted some referential line to a rock and roll song in each episode.

Seems like this is simply coincidental pertaining the title that you mentioned.

Posted by TheCrowbar
@RazzaTazz
That's all kinds of messed up.
Posted by RazzaTazz
@SurelockeHomes: Not at all, thanks for sharing :)   was just saying that that fits more in the funny class than potentially offensive
Posted by cattlebattle

Wow...that is well, inappropriate

Another great post by Razz

For reference this the film 

Posted by SurelockeHomes

@RazzaTazz: Sorry about that. I was thinking you may have just meant inappropriate, meaning ambiguous in that manner or ribald or anything else and had been using that title and its Nazi reference as an example. Josh might be was probably thinking the same.

Posted by RazzaTazz
@SurelockeHomes: That is more just a funny title as opposed to referencing to Nazis
Posted by SurelockeHomes

@joshmightbe said:

Can anybody top that?

Posted by joshmightbe