9 Comments
Posted by The Poet

@Trodorne: yeah, and I can't help but feel sorry for Boom! i mean Darkwing has to be one of their major players and to have it go would be hard for a company like boom...

if Marvel takes it, I really hope James Silvani is part of it. His art has been very enjoyable. Hopefully no matter who is going to be in control of the project they will not make the stories cheep or uninteresting...

Posted by Trodorne

I am so angry that Boom! lost the rights to do this series and Ducktales. Ian Brill has done an amazing job with this series. While I understand from business it makes sense for disney to pull all there merchandise from Boom! and move it to marvel, but at the same time I feel Marvel comics will cheapen all the efforts that Ian has done to get the readers that exist today, And this crossover will prove it.

Posted by The Poet
Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

Maybe they will battle Duckthulhu. Or how is his name pronounced?

Posted by The Poet

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: I'm sure it IS a homage cover. I mean, Silvani (the guy who did that cover) also did a homage cover to that X-men title earlier in the series...

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

This Magica De Spell cover is great.

This cover by the way, reminds me of...

This can`t be coincidence...this must be...

A HOMAGE COVER!

Oh no! They`ve doomed us all!

Well, probably not.

Posted by The Poet

@jloneblackheart: yeah, those covers are just really cool! I hope the story lives up to what these covers look like...

@BeecroftA said:

I'm especially psyched about seeing Donald Duck in the story, it would be great if he teams up with Darkwing!

You think he will appear though? I only ask b/c I remember Aaron saying that the covers were originally drawn for a different story, so anything could change.

I'm not sure if he'll appear or not. It would be cool for him to meet darkwing. i can picture DW saying, "what is he saying?" and Donald getting frustrated for having to repeat himself...

Well, if we go by Duck Tales the show, he wouldn't really appear that much. Even the comics didn't really have him in the spot light that much, so I'm sort of inclined to think we might not see Donald here with number of characters which they have to fit into four issues...but theres always hope :)

Did Aaron say exactly what the story would be like? just curious what we could have expected before ian took full reign of the story...

Edited by BeecroftA

I'm especially psyched about seeing Donald Duck in the story, it would be great if he teams up with Darkwing!

You think he will appear though? I only ask b/c I remember Aaron saying that the covers were originally drawn for a different story, so anything could change.

Posted by jloneblackheart

First thing I thought was "Who is Launchpad going to fly for?" and then I saw that first cover. LOL

Also, Liquidator looks awesome in that group shot.