6 Comments
Posted by JonesDeini

@Blurred View:

Fair enough, this will be my first time seeing him trying his hand at a romantic relationship.

Posted by Blurred View
@JonesDeini:  

For all the love, I think he's weirdly unfair to how Apollo and Midnighter were originally treated. Yeah, they were already together when they were first introduced and the Superman/Batman theme has also been pretty clear. There was a lot of heart in their original introduction, though. It showed you the before and after of them hooking up. Leaving the middle part untold worked pretty well. But I get Cornell wanting to try something different. Can't blame him for that impulse. I'm just unimpressed with him and don't think writing relationships is one of the things I would give him credit for being good at.
Posted by JonesDeini

@Blurred View said:

If Stormwatch is a love letter, Warren Ellis needs a restraining order.

Yeah his respect for Ellis reads as a bit "Single, White Female" lol

I loved his explanation on the Apollo/Midnighter relationship. I definitely like the approach he's taking there. Really hope this title lives up to it's potential. Sepulveda needs to draw like I KNOW he can.

Posted by JonesDeini

@fodigg said:

On that cover, Apollo's costume looks less ugly although i dont' see why they shortened his hair. I still hate Midnighter's new costume.

Stormwatch really didn't need the costume changes. Apollo/Midnighter are perfect examples of change for change's sake.

Posted by fodigg

On that cover, Apollo's costume looks less ugly although i dont' see why they shortened his hair. I still hate Midnighter's new costume.

Posted by Blurred View

If Stormwatch is a love letter, Warren Ellis needs a restraining order.