1381 Comments
Posted by Liberty
@RazzaTazz: Awesome.  I had some more idea's I wanted to add to this.  Silkcuts has convinced me to write a blog so look out for it.  If you two want you could help me moderate it.  I'll send you both a rough draft and if you two want to add or loose anything we can refine it.
Edited by Silkcuts

@RazzaTazz said:

I made my baseball card, feel free to add you own (or to lampoon me): Razzatazz Wiki Points: 32,909 (rank - 124) Forum Posts: 1464 including this one, (rank - probably not in the top 1000 posters) Reviews: 868 (rank - 2) Lists: 40 (rank - kind of irrelevant, you can make 50 lists in an hour if you wanted) Blog posts: 228 (rank - I think only sora the key has more) Trivia Questions submitted: 28 (rank - does anyone submit more than the 20 needed for the quest?) Followers: 314 Other accomplishments: Fastest to receive community star (5 weeks after joining) Member of five community roundtables Co-author of Clash of the Comics (which is routinely featured on the home page) Averaged more than one blog entry per day since joining comic vine Leading editor on three of the seventeen members of the silver age Justice League (including Wonder Woman) Reviewed every monthly issue of Wonder Woman back to the 1940s

Impressive, have nothing but respect!

I could not find time to blog once a day.

Maybe I should invest in a tablet or BB (GO RIM)

Posted by Silkcuts

@Liberty said:

I cannot believe that we will have a problem filling the last three.

1. Acclaim Comics/Valiant Comics: Was awesome in it's day. They had great comics
  2. AC Comics: This company is still making comics. There has got to be someone who's buying this
  3. Epic Comics/Malibu Comics: These were printed in the 1990's. The comic decade. Everyone who was around at that this has some of these book in there collection.
Does anyone know someone who is a fan of these books?

I brought in Jekylhyde14 and Grifter78. Did anyone ask staff members?

I'll ask IE

Posted by Liberty
@Silkcuts: I asked a moderator but they were unable.
Posted by jhazzroucher

I have The Freex and trading cards too. But I don't think I'm knowledgable enough unless i make some research. 

They have cool characters like Anything, Pressure, Prototype, Prime, some members of STrangers, etc

I don't wanna volunteer though cos i don't have enough time and not enough resources.

Posted by Liberty
@jhazzroucher: It's not like it's a job.  =)  I don't have every Fox Comic either but I know a lot more than the average guy.  The only one I know who knows more than me is turoksonofstone.  So don't feel pressured but I'm just putting it out there.
Posted by Liberty
Popeye
I had some quick thoughts on criteria.  Other than being a superhero/antihero is there any thing else that should be considered?
  1. What about characters like the Scooby Doo gang, Josi and the Pussy Cats, Joe Palooka and Popeye?  Are they too Cartoony.  Popeye is considered one of the first ever superheros.  Think about it he gets superhuman strength by eating spinach.  Also almost all these characters have been in live action films.  So then what is too Cartooney?  Take a look at the Saturday Morning Ninja Turtles compared to some of the more adult counter parts.  They too had a live action film.  Look at Plastic Man is he to cartooney to be in a regular Justice League?
  2. What about taking it another level?  Characters like Under Dog, Mighty Mouse, or Duck Dodgers? Are they too cartooney.  Under Dog was in his own live action film as well.
  3. Then we have the age old question about superheroes.  Are Detectives, Spys, Police, Military, Adventures, or Western Heroes count?  They don't wear costumes but are good guys.  Are they Superheroes or regular heroes?  Does it only matter if they have superpowers.  Do they have to have a costume.  Think about characters like, Dick Tracy, Sherlock Holmes, James Bond,  D-13, Harvey Bullock, James Gordon, Sergent Rock, Nick Fury, Captain Nemo, Allan Quatermain, Jonah Hex, or Wyatt Earp?
  4. What about characters who have never been in comic form.  Like the Venture Brothers' Brock Samson, Shore Leave or Henchman 21 (who became a good guy at the end of last season)  What about Mad Max, The Bride from Kill Bill, Dirty Harry or Major Reisman? I know this is rare but there are a lot more that I'm blanking on.
  5. Lastly, What about those more comical Heroes.  I just mentioned the Brock Samson but what about the Tick, Flaming Carrot, Mr. Furious, or Bouncing Boy? Tee Hee.
What do you think?  

Side note
Oh and if you know everyone I mentioned here your name is turoksonofstone.
If you came close how many did I mentioned that you didn't know and hopefully looked up?
Posted by The Poet

@Liberty:1-2 I'm thinking given that we're not doing Disney we might stay away from animated characters...we might do a list of animated characters at some point (that would be fun), though more live action characters could stay...oh, now that I say that, I think we should add my 1st favororite superhero: Tigger!

3-I would love to see Sherlock Holmes on the list! He's a superhero in my book!

4-lets stay away from characters we can't add to a comicvine list...I mean there are some interesting characters in the world outside of comics, but lets focus on characters on this site...Such as Waldo!

5-I would love to see any of the Mystery men on this list! oh god the spleen!

I didn't really know joe palooka...so YES! my name is not Turoksonofstone! That would be totally confusing with two of us...and what a mouthful it would be!

Edited by Liberty

If Silkcuts is going to go off in a rant about his awesomeness so am I...

Every morning I wake up and piss excellence then it is sold, bottled and used as a popular body spray.  I then eat a bowl of gun powder and wash it down with warm human blood.  My gas smells like toasted coconut.  When I leave my home I have my own theme song.  I always where sunglasses because a ray of light always shines on me.  I can support my whole body with a single member.  I have done things most comic fans only dream of.  That's right I reproduced.  I am the paterfamilias.  I control the Horizontal and the Vertical.  Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?  Morons.  I have a pet bear.  I shower in Vodka.  My family crest is a picture of a barracuda, eating Neil Armstrong.  I framed Roger Rabbit and shaved Lynn LeMay.  I once scissor kick Angela Lansberry.  I can digest a turtle shell.  I can palm a medicine ball.  I had sex with a cigarette machine.  I drive an ice cream truck covered in sculls.  I can grow a mustache by flexing my orbicularis oris.  I know what an orbicularis oris is.  My stool is sold as a popular candy bar.  My actual name is Liberty.  Now make me a sandwich!

Posted by turoksonofstone
@Liberty said:
If Silkcuts is going to go off in a rant about his awesomeness so am I...   Every morning I wake up and piss excellence then it is sold, bottled and used as a popular body spray.  I then eat a bowl of gun powder and wash it down with human blood.  My gas smell like toasted coconut.  When I leave my home I have my own theme song.  I always where sunglasses because a ray of light always shines on me.  I can support my whole body with a single member.  I have done things most comic fans only dream of.  That's right I reproduced.  I am the paterfamilias.  I control the Horizontal and the Vertical.  Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?  Morons.  I have a pet bear.  I shower in Vodka.  My family crest is a picture of a barracuda, eating Neil Armstrong.  I framed Roger Rabbit and shaved Lynn LeMay.  I once scissor kick Angela Lansberry.  I can digest a turtle shell.  I can palm a medicine ball.  I had sex with a cigarette machine.  I drive an ice cream truck covered in sculls.  I can grow a mustache by flexing my orbicularis oris.  I know what an orbicularis oris is.  My stool is sold as a popular candy bar.  My actual name is Liberty.  Now make me a sandwich!
lol.
Posted by Cervantes

You should contact turoksonofstone, Decept-O, and difficlus; they know a lot about characters that aren't part of the DC or Marvel (Valiant, etc.). I bet turok's already suggested X-O Manowar... :P

Posted by The Poet

@Cervantes: yeah Turok is part of our group (he's waiting for 2 more users to join us, so he can take the last one...sounds insane to me, but That's Turoksonofstone for ya'!)

I just contacted the other two...

Posted by The Poet

oh, if anyone knows anything about the following publishers...steal them before I come find ya'!

• Acclaim Comics/Valiant Comics
  • AC Comics
  • Epic Comics/Malibu Comics

Posted by Liberty
@The Poet: I told Decept-O about it he seem uninterested.
Edited by aztek_the_lost

@The Poet: I'm surprised nobody's gone after AC, I mean their characters are total babes!

Posted by The Poet
@Liberty: oh goody, well i wrote on his wall...hope I don't annoy him too much :)

@aztek_the_lost said:

@The Poet: I'm surprised nobody's gone after AC, I mean their characters are total babes!

Ladies and gentlemen: our advertisement campaign! that's sure to bring us lots of people! :)
Posted by Liberty
 I know. Just saying.
Posted by The Poet
@Liberty: if that does get people's attention...I don't know what will!
Posted by Liberty

Alright if no one picks soon I nominate Silkcuts.  If he wants it.

Posted by The Poet
@Liberty: Actually Silkcuts has America's Best Comics(ABC)/Milestone Comics/First Comics
Posted by Liberty
@The Poet: I know.  I thought we were nominating people other users?
Posted by PikminMania
@Liberty: @Liberty: @The Poet: Couldn't some people get two topics?
Posted by Liberty
@PikminMania: That is what I thought but I think Poet has something else in mind.
Posted by The Poet
@Liberty: I'll see which one of the three @turoksonofstone: wants:
  • AC Comics
then we'll see...

@Liberty said:
@The Poet: I told Decept-O about it he seem uninterested.
oh, liberty, i talked with Decept-o He seemed to like the idea, but he's really busy...but also he said (you'll love this!),

"You sent me a PM via your Alt. account of Liberty but I have been a bit busy and haven't answered" and also, "I thought Liberty and a few other accounts here were your Alternates."

Does this mean I am talking to myself? Boy am i cuckoo...

Posted by Liberty
@The Poet: That's funny.  He thought you and I were the same person?  On the other part don't feel pressured.  I just asked five people today.  three said no but you never know.
Posted by The Poet
@Liberty: alright. Perhaps tomorrow will bring some new people...goodnight alternate account :P
Posted by Silkcuts

@turoksonofstone said:

@Liberty said:
If Silkcuts is going to go off in a rant about his awesomeness so am I... Every morning I wake up and piss excellence then it is sold, bottled and used as a popular body spray. I then eat a bowl of gun powder and wash it down with human blood. My gas smell like toasted coconut. When I leave my home I have my own theme song. I always where sunglasses because a ray of light always shines on me. I can support my whole body with a single member. I have done things most comic fans only dream of. That's right I reproduced. I am the paterfamilias. I control the Horizontal and the Vertical. Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons. I have a pet bear. I shower in Vodka. My family crest is a picture of a barracuda, eating Neil Armstrong. I framed Roger Rabbit and shaved Lynn LeMay. I once scissor kick Angela Lansberry. I can digest a turtle shell. I can palm a medicine ball. I had sex with a cigarette machine. I drive an ice cream truck covered in sculls. I can grow a mustache by flexing my orbicularis oris. I know what an orbicularis oris is. My stool is sold as a popular candy bar. My actual name is Liberty. Now make me a sandwich!
lol.

That is why I love Mr. JLA

He always knows the right things to say.

I've been accused of crazy and Liberty set me free.

We are eating a bowl of gun powder and drinking blood,

making it look easy.

So he can impress you being a tripod,

I'll pretend to be British... "OH SOD!"

My Rants are rambles compared to such poetry,

This is a salute to my main man Liberty!

Posted by Silkcuts

@Liberty said:

@The Poet: That's funny. He thought you and I were the same person? On the other part don't feel pressured. I just asked five people today. three said no but you never know.

Decept-O thinks the world is out to get him and everyone has alts just to mess with him. He stopped talking to me because of an issue dealing with someone he believed was my alt. I don't have an alt, if I did you would know since I speak to you all the time. Heck we have each other on facebook, you and I.

Posted by Liberty

Here are the choices.

• AC Comics
Posted by J1ml33
@aztek_the_lost said:

hotties indeed ( they should really make a comeback ) I would draw the first issue for free ^_^ (or the pin-ups or variant covers )
Posted by Liberty
@J1ml33: Is AC your pick?
Posted by J1ml33

Epic Comics/Malibu comics ( or as it was formally known as The Ultraverse ) 
 besides Malibu had one hot (but oddly confusing character . I thought she was great ) her name was mantra (^_^) 

@J1ml33:  
Mantra was Awesome! Volume 1 anyway.
Posted by Liberty
@turoksonofstone: Do you ever sleep?
Posted by J1ml33
@turoksonofstone: and that is the one I read the most of (along with ultraforce vol 1 ) Also the art for vol 1 was stellar ( really sweet ,sexy 90s art ) my only regret them not making action figure of her among other things .
Posted by Liberty

Come on guys we got to find one person.  We can do this.  Turoksonofstone has the last one.  So let's find one more person

1. Acclaim Comics/Valiant Comics
  2. AC Comics

@Liberty
said:
@turoksonofstone: Do you ever sleep?

sometimes.. 

@J1ml33 said:
@turoksonofstone: and that is the one I read the most of (along with ultraforce vol 1 ) Also the art for vol 1 was stellar ( really sweet ,sexy 90s art ) my only regret them not making action figure of her among other things .
Agreed and Agreed, Rune was my fave.
@Liberty:  
I get the feeling I should be taking a look at some AC stuff soon...lol.
Posted by J1ml33

just so everyone knows for sure ( I am picking Epic Comics /Malibu comics ) it`s my Final Answer ^_^  

it`s official ( truth telling Ruth !) also mantra is  a Ultra-Hottie 

@J1ml33:  
Let me know if you use Rune.
Posted by J1ml33

also if Ultraverse was to make a come back I would do the art for that series too (even if it`s 1950`s pin-up style covers and stuff ) ^_^ for mantra of course !

@J1ml33:  
Sweet!
Posted by jhazzroucher

If you guys only knew what I've felt about malibu comics, they really have interesting characters. The Freex team seemed like the x-men to me.

Posted by The Poet

We only need one person! so choose either: 

1. Acclaim Comics/Valiant Comics
  2. AC Comics
Turok gets the second one....
Posted by Trodorne

Ill take Acclaim and valiant comics

Posted by The Poet
@Trodorne: it took a little bit for it to register...Thanks!

@turoksonofstone: looks like you were right.....you get AC!

We are complete!

@Everyone Part Of The 22: start thinking about your 8 nominations (remember 5 of those need to be your assigned publisher(S) and 3 you can pick from any publisher, though the user of that publisher gets priority on any of their characters so also think alternates in case say Flash is taken...)

I'll start contacting you individually about who you are going to nominate...
Posted by aztek_the_lost

@Silkcuts said:

@RazzaTazz said:

@Silkcuts: Yes lets do the baseball cards versions of each other. Silkcuts and I can't be turned against each other though for the following reasons: 1. We are both Canadian 2. That is actually all you need.

I agree we both can't be turned against each other. I can name a few reasons

^_^

1) Both Canadians

what about me...I'm Canadian...

Posted by PikminMania
@aztek_the_lost: CANADIAN LOOOOOVE!!!

Posted by PikminMania
@The Poet said:
@Trodorne: it took a little bit for it to register...Thanks!

@turoksonofstone: looks like you were right.....you get AC!

We are complete!

@Everyone Part Of The 22: start thinking about your 8 nominations (remember 5 of those need to be your assigned publisher(S) and 3 you can pick from any publisher, though the user of that publisher gets priority on any of their characters so also think alternates in case say Flash is taken...)  I'll start contacting you individually about who you are going to nominate...
Wouldn't it make more sense to send all of us the message?
Posted by The Poet
@PikminMania: Well when I get all the nominations, I'll do a group PM, but I would prefer to compile a list of nominations before that (so we don't get any duplicates and such, plus it would be easier for me).