75 Comments
  • 75 results
Posted by Rabbit Tots

Yay more love for SUPERMAN!

Posted by carnivalofsins00
@Rabbit Tots: lol. All Star Superman is just beautiful! definetly my favorite of all.
Posted by Rabbit Tots

You should also pick up Superman: For All Seasons and Superman: New Krypton. Also read Superman from Post Crisis. 

Posted by Primmaster64

=)

Posted by N7_Normandy

awesome stuff; glad to see you've broken through your preconceived notions of Sups

@Rabbit Tots: ill have to check those out.
Posted by Dracade102

@Dracade102:  HA! Priceless.
Posted by mrtrickster

yeah you know lots of people who hates superman didn't actually read superman comics before.  
war of the superman is really a great book. it's short but pack with load of actions. but i think current superman run is kind of boring though.  you should read john byrne's action comics run and man of steel.

Posted by Darkseid Elite

aww i thought this thread was going to be about how you hate superman so much. =[
Posted by Rabbit Tots

He's turning a new leaf. Well done, suga.

@Darkseid Elite: lol. so you dont like him?
Posted by Methos
@carnivalofsins00: Red Son is awesome, i'd also reccomend Kingdom Come if you want to read an awesome Superman storyline... 

Another few of my favorites include... 

Death of superman 
Man Beyond Tomorrow  
Superman: Godfall 
Superman: Exile 

M
Posted by Fist_Of_Mandaloree

Superman is annoying

Posted by Primmaster64

?

Posted by Darkseid Elite
@carnivalofsins00:
nope not really, i know people are going to call me crazy and say i'm wrong but i think he's overpowered. know they're not the same but superboy prime too is crazy too.
Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Thank God someone finally turned around. If only the rest of the world could do what you did.

Posted by Primmaster64
@Darkseid Elite: SBP is crazy, but not Supes...and he's not overpowered anymore.
Posted by Hi I'm New

I was the same way with Justin Beiber until I heard Baby. Absolutely hate every other song/music video he has but he isn't as bad as I thought.

Edited by brc2000

I don't know why people complain about Superman being too overpowered. He has clear weaknesses and even then there are supervillains in the DC Universe that can give him a decent match. If people just find his stories boring, that's another matter, but the "too powerful" argument is ridiculous.

Good to see that you've found out that Superman isn't deserving of all the hate he gets.

Posted by Gambit1024

If only everyone could appreciate Superman... :)

Posted by Primmaster64
@Gambit1024 said:
" If only everyone could appreciate Superman... :) "
I do appreciate him =)
Posted by ComicMan24

Nice. One more person converted.

@I'maDC/ImageGuy!:  and all it took was actually reading some of his books. 

Also, I saw the Superman Returns movie before I liked Superman, and let me just say, it didnt help to convince me to like him before. lol.
Posted by Amegashita

=[. 

I was hoping for another rant on why someone hates Superman. 

I am dissapoint.

Posted by Primmaster64
@Amegashita: lol! But you like Supes! Why are you dissapointed? Oh You wanted to debate or something?lol
Posted by Amegashita
@Primmaster64:  I wanted to read another ridiculous argument about Superman being overpowered, but I have been denied that oppurtunity by carnivalofsin actually taking the time to read a Superman story. 

So I am dissapoint. 

Lol.
@Amegashita: lol. well im sorry about that. =/
Posted by Primmaster64
@Amegashita: lol! Funny

@carnivalofsins00:
=) So I guess maybe we will see Supes in you're profile?
Posted by Amegashita
@carnivalofsins00:  Lol.  No problem... though... your title mislead me.  =[  You're a snake.   Sssssss.  <Sound a snake makes.>
Posted by Cezar_TheScribe

Hate for Superman is misplaced. It's good you like him now. 

@Amegashita: im pretty sure everyone who actually read this came to read it because they initially would have thought it would be the opposite of what i ended up writing. huh.
Posted by Amegashita
@carnivalofsins00:  Yeah, I wanted to hear your hate for Superman rant, I click on the topic.  What!  You like Superman! 

You misled me.  =[ I wanted a rant.
@Amegashita: hurray for misleading!
Posted by Amegashita
@carnivalofsins00:  No!  No hurray for you.
Posted by Primmaster64

lol

Posted by senote

Every now and then you see a single panel of art in a comic book that is something awesome, for me it's a superman piece, its Kingdom Come, I think that's the one, where a very pissed off Superman is flying full speed to kick some ass, I loved that.

Posted by batman_is_god

I think more people need to realize that being a "boy scout" is not a bad thing for a hero to be. 

Yes, BATMAN is my favorite so I know it sounds hypocritical. The dark hero is nice and all, but WAY too many heroes are jumping on the BATMAN band wagon and not enough are jumping on the Superman band wagon.
@batman_is_god: i know what you mean. i mean, batman has been and always will be the best in my opinion. =]
Posted by Theodore

Brainiac Storyline to New Krypton to War of the Supermen is awesome as hell. Grounded is boring though. Check out  Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? its awesome

Posted by Reactor

Glad to see another person actually read a Superman comic and see he can be written awesomely. I don't know why everyone seems to hate on Supes while walking cheat codes (coughwolverinecough) and super-godly characters (coughphoenixcough) are glorified. It's like people hate on Supes because it's popular to hate on Supes. Alongside Green Lantern, Flash, Batman and (before that man who shall not be named) Spider-Man, Superman comics are some of my favorite reads.

Posted by Primmaster64
@Reactor: =)
Posted by AMS

Got to admit always loved Supes but not to hot on grounded but I will give it time.
Posted by Primmaster64
@AMS said:
" Got to admit always loved Supes but not to hot on grounded but I will give it time. "
lol =)
Posted by caesarsghost
@Reactor said:
"Glad to see another person actually read a Superman comic and see he can be written awesomely. I don't know why everyone seems to hate on Supes while walking cheat codes (coughwolverinecough) and super-godly characters (coughphoenixcough) are glorified. It's like people hate on Supes because it's popular to hate on Supes. Alongside Green Lantern, Flash, Batman and (before that man who shall not be named) Spider-Man, Superman comics are some of my favorite reads."

well put, Superman is my favorite for the amazing writing and the ideas that are tied up in that character- such a rich mythos
Posted by ssejllenrad

All you superman fanboys rejoice for moments like this are rare. Soon people will know how pathetic your blue idol really is. SUPERMAN SUCKS!

Posted by ssejllenrad
@ssejllenrad said:
" All you superman fanboys rejoice for moments like this are rare. Soon people will know how pathetic your blue idol really is. SUPERMAN SUCKS! "
Goddamnit James stop using my pc and account to bash on Supes! I'll f**ck*n break your neck for your blasphemy!
Posted by fallenangel5991

Why would anyone hate Superman? If your falling off the building, its Superman who's gonna save you!!!! Not Wolverine, not Hulk, but SUPERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by buttersdaman000
@ssejllenrad said:
" @ssejllenrad said:
" All you superman fanboys rejoice for moments like this are rare. Soon people will know how pathetic your blue idol really is. SUPERMAN SUCKS! "
Goddamnit James stop using my pc and account to bash on Supes! I'll f**ck*n break your neck for your blasphemy! "
lol
Posted by ValendianKnight

And here I was not wanting to open this topic thinking it would be just another one of those Superman hate threads. I actually have a very similar story to yours. I used to hate Superman for no reason in particular, but as of recent, I've been reading a lot more of his stories, and what an awesome character! He's so much more than just his powers, wish more people could see that.

• 75 results