16 Comments
Posted by arthurkerr

@cbishop said:

@arthurkerr: Thor has been Donald Blake for years, then he was some construction worker with a beard. When Thor was no longer connected with him, Odin gave that guy Thunderstrike. Not sure who he has been since then.

yeah but Thor was Donald black it was just a construct created by odin but always was Thor. Please do not get me started on odin its why Odin removed the enchantment saying to Thor never again will I allow this to happen to you , nobody else will use your powers ever again.

It was marvel talking to the fans saying. Never again will we torment you with a bad story arc like this again.

I see they lied.

Posted by cbishop

@arthurkerr: Thor has been Donald Blake for years, then he was some construction worker with a beard. When Thor was no longer connected with him, Odin gave that guy Thunderstrike. Not sure who he has been since then.

Edited by arthurkerr

@cbishop said:

@arthurkerr: <shrugs> It's worked for about 75 years. It is what they've made it.

no as far as I know Thor has always been Thor not somebody else.They tried it in a tv show it was the worst ever show to be on tv.

I think b movies had better plots

Edited by cbishop

@arthurkerr: <shrugs> It's worked for about 75 years. It is what they've made it.

Posted by arthurkerr

@cbishop said:

@arthurkerr: @jayc1324: I think too that the idea is supposed to be that Odin tied Thor to a human host to teach him humility. I'm kind of "meh" on that idea, because I'd rather he just be a god on Earth.

i for one would drop all marvel movies and books and never look back.

That is one horrible idea

Posted by cbishop

@arthurkerr: @jayc1324: I think too that the idea is supposed to be that Odin tied Thor to a human host to teach him humility. I'm kind of "meh" on that idea, because I'd rather he just be a god on Earth.

Posted by Jayc1324

@arthurkerr: I agree. Thor lives for thousands of years already and never really complains about it, no reason for him to start now.

Edited by cbishop

@arthurkerr: I kind of agree with you, but I think it has to do with the way Marvel has set up their Thor- that being that Thor has to have a human "host." Whoever finds the hammer has the power of Thor, so when a host dies, a new host has to be found, and at that time, the god image takes on some changes. I don't really like that, but that seems to be the way it is at Marvel.

Posted by arthurkerr

I wish they would keep Thor as Thor for 2099 i mean he is a god.

That is one of the things that make Thor awesome his ability to weather the ages , to outlive us all and simply go on. NOT some cry baby omg I am out living everybody ! like in high lander. So yeah um long post short Keep Thor as Thor.

Posted by cbishop

Thanks for the input, folks! I'll have to add those issues when I *finally* have a computer that works well with CV (still working from library and friends' computers at the moment).

Posted by TugboatRogers

Punisher #10-12 all tie quite heavily into Fall of the Hammer as well.

Posted by Alladin Sane

I would like to see the all of the 2099 series released in trade paperback, they were all awesome until the end when they all merged into 2099 world of tomorrow, there is no need to reprint that comic.

Posted by cbishop
@daarkanjel: Oh, cool!  Thanks, I'll add the lead-in.  How do you have them on disc?  Did Marvel do digital copies, or did you scan them yourself?  I didn't know that was available. :)
Posted by daarkanjel

if your interested, i can set you up w/ digital copies of the storyline, i believe i have most of the 2099 volumes on disc, also, spider-man 2099 #15 is a lead in to the story, you would want that one if you're trying to put together a collection.

Posted by cbishop
@william knowles: Sheesh, lucky you.  X-Men 2099 #5 is still the only issue of this I have found.  I'll get to read it one of these days. :)
Posted by dewboy01

I believe I have those issues as well, including posters and pin them on my bedroom wall.