104 Comments
  • 104 results
Posted by YuggieCoin

The art looks great

Posted by DevilmanEX
@drfeelgood said:
" Nova in the roster seems like a terrible move to me.  I know they're canceling his on-going series and guardians of the galaxy, and probably want to keep him going in another mag, but hes been through Annihilation, the Phalanx Conquest, the war of kings debacle, and hes going to be in whatever thanos plans on doing, I think he's sort of 'above' what goes on in earth. while everyone was fighting in the civil war story line, he was saving the universe from anihilus annihilation wave.  He's in the nova corps, he's supposed to be dishin' out peace to the galaxy, which I'm sure will conflict with his position in the secret avengers.     idk we'll see how it pans out "
I agree.....he def seems to be above Earth problems right now.....I don't know if something happens in the upcoming Nova books that would justify this move but it definitely seems odd considering his galactic responsibility and what he's been up to.
Posted by drfeelgood

Nova in the roster seems like a terrible move to me.  
I know they're canceling his on-going series and guardians of the galaxy, and probably want to keep him going in another mag, but hes been through Annihilation, the Phalanx Conquest, the war of kings debacle, and hes going to be in whatever thanos plans on doing, I think he's sort of 'above' what goes on in earth. while everyone was fighting in the civil war story line, he was saving the universe from anihilus annihilation wave.  He's in the nova corps, he's supposed to be dishin' out peace to the galaxy, which I'm sure will conflict with his position in the secret avengers.     
idk we'll see how it pans out
Posted by Nighthunter

I just checked another website. Quezada said "Irredeemable Antman" so it is Eric

Posted by crimsonspider89

Thinking it will be Eric O' Grady as Ant Man and they said Irredeemable Ant Man and he is a villain and such.

Posted by The_Martian
@iLLituracy:  I'm thinking it might be the return of Scott Lang. He's been out of the picture now since  Avengers Disassembled.
Posted by Nighthunter
@Nighthunter said:
" Looks like Scott but I don't think they would bring him back, could be just a redesign. Pym is in Avengers academy and still Wasp "
Posted by iLLituracy
@Nighthunter said:
" Looks like Scott but I don't think they would bring him back, could be just a redesign. Pym is in Avengers academy and still Wasp "
Ew, is that confirmed?

@Nobody said:
" Why would Pym go back to his original costume? Unless Wasp ends up return. "
I highly doubt it's Pym. I'm just wondering if why they're putting O'Grady--or whoever, in a more classic Ant-Man get-up.
Posted by The_Martian

Why would Pym go back to his original costume? Unless Wasp ends up return.

Posted by Nighthunter

Looks like Scott but I don't think they would bring him back, could be just a redesign. Pym is in Avengers academy and still Wasp

Posted by iLLituracy
@Nobody said:
" @iLLituracy:  Based off costume it looks more like Scott Lang
"

Avengers: The Origin #3

Looks more like Pym, to me.
Posted by The_Martian
@iLLituracy:  Based off costume it looks more like Scott Lang
Posted by crimsonspider89

Quesada also said Sharon Carter was a member as well. IDK why but let us see.

Posted by iLLituracy

...Is that O'Grady or Pym?

Posted by The_Martian
@Nighthunter:  Thanks:)
Posted by InnerVenom123
@Nighthunter: MK's suit is so shiny. lol.
Posted by Nighthunter

C2E2, also as a bonus

Posted by The_Martian
@Nighthunter said:
" Quezada just revealed that the other members are Black Widow and Ant-man "
Where?
Posted by Nighthunter

besides they are kinda hard to hide, especially Beast

Posted by iLLituracy

Brubaker said that there were three members missing form the image. So there's possibly one more.

I'm excited that Ant-Man is going to be on this team, though. O'Grady is an awesome character.

@thatlad said:

" If this is a x-force type team then what does that say about Beast? He left the x-men because some of Cyclops' recent decisions including the creation of x-force.  Hypocrite?!?!? "
The team is a secret, there's been no confirmation that it's going to be a wetworks team. I don't think they revealed why exactly they're secret, I doubt that Nova, Beast and Steve himself would participate in such operations.
Posted by Nighthunter

Quezada just revealed that the other members are Black Widow and Ant-man

Posted by Benzo

I'm really excited about this series! Can't wait to pick this up! 
I also love the fact that there's gonna be 3 more members , to be revealed as well! :D
Posted by Theodore

Hmmmm, I don't know what to think about Steve Rogers in a new costume, he is Captain America to me!

Posted by Dreadmaster

I am super stoked about this now!

Posted by growup

Does anyone think Steve looks like the Punisher's well behaved brother in his new outfit?

Posted by thatlad

If this is a x-force type team then what does that say about Beast? He left the x-men because some of Cyclops' recent decisions including the creation of x-force. 

Hypocrite?!?!?

Posted by Pez85
@iLLituracy:
Well, they've got a Cap(Rogers) and an Iron Man (War Machine), so why not a Thor?
Posted by Vance Astro
@Korg said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" It's not Steve Rogers..it's Baron Helmut Zemo. "
Negative. Zemo is a villain, and will remain so going into the Heroic Age. "
Positive.It's him because I said it's him.I'm the best reality manipulator in the Heroic Age.
Posted by spider2dfly

It does remind me of the current X-Force. I'm guessing that Bucky will still hold on to the shield..

Posted by IronSpidy-Rooney

This team looks so awesome and random having its roster being made up of Heroes from all over the place and with the Creative team behind it this could be better than the other Avengers titles 

Posted by sora_thekey
@The WeatherMan said:
"I wish Cap still had his shield. It is his symbol, plus he kicks all kinds of butt with it. But this is a good mix-up, can't wait to check it out. "
Why does everybody assume he won't have a shield? 
In New Avengers he had this cool "holographic" shield he can use!
Posted by Andferne

If that does end up being Steve Rogers, I don't know how I feel about this.

Posted by Korg
@Vance Astro said:
" It's not Steve Rogers..it's Baron Helmut Zemo. "
Negative. Zemo is a villain, and will remain so going into the Heroic Age.
Posted by PrinceIMC

I'm thinking the secret in Secret Avengers will be that officially they won't exist. They won't really have a headquarters in a big mansion or sky-scraper, won't have press conferences and they'll just travel the world fixing things without stopping to talk to the press. Just because its got heavy hitters doesn't mean they can't be stealthy, go in smash a HYDRA base and disappear leaving no evidence of who was responsible.

As for Steve Rogers his outfit kinda reminds me of the white star forces in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

Posted by Vance Astro

It's not Steve Rogers..it's Baron Helmut Zemo.

Posted by fACEmelter88

Steve is in the American Son armor (version 2.0 i guess), possibly his version of Iron Patriot or he is going as Nomad (i doubt it though)

Posted by The WeatherMan

I wish Cap still had his shield. It is his symbol, plus he kicks all kinds of butt with it. But this is a good mix-up, can't wait to check it out.
Posted by The_Martian
@Korg said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Korg:  I'm a skeptic, seems unlikely that he has never seen that image before being that he is working on the title. Why would he be "surprised" that it didn't include three members of his roster? Why would he also choose twitter to reveal that there are three more members that haven't even been hinted at by silhouettes? "
As I said, he has no reason to lie. We'll see. "
I guess we will.
Posted by Korg
@Nobody said:
" @Korg:  I'm a skeptic, seems unlikely that he has never seen that image before being that he is working on the title. Why would he be "surprised" that it didn't include three members of his roster? Why would he also choose twitter to reveal that there are three more members that haven't even been hinted at by silhouettes? "
As I said, he has no reason to lie. We'll see.
Posted by DEGRAAF
@Korg said:
" Brubaker has no reason to lie about there being more characters on the team. We'll see.  

@danhimself said:
" @DEGRAAF:  FINALLY SOMEONE GOT THAT!!!!!!! "
The appropriate response would be "DON'T MIND IF I DO!" "
i was expecting that response also
Posted by The_Martian
@Korg:  I'm a skeptic, seems unlikely that he has never seen that image before being that he is working on the title. Why would he be "surprised" that it didn't include three members of his roster? Why would he also choose twitter to reveal that there are three more members that haven't even been hinted at by silhouettes?
Posted by DEGRAAF
@danhimself:  lol i had to go thru all the pages to make sure no one said it yet. i was shocked no one got it
Posted by Korg

Brubaker has no reason to lie about there being more characters on the team. We'll see.  

@danhimself said:

" @DEGRAAF:  FINALLY SOMEONE GOT THAT!!!!!!! "
The appropriate response would be "DON'T MIND IF I DO!"
Posted by danhimself
@DEGRAAF:  FINALLY SOMEONE GOT THAT!!!!!!!
Posted by DEGRAAF
@sora_thekey said:
" @DEGRAAF said:
" cool! i like the moto.  I am guessing they are kinda like the x-force or reserves. Who are the other two on the far left and front they havent been named yet? Is that front one Bucky "
Far Left: Nova and Valkyrie 
Front: Steve Rogers  I edited all so it had a little more info... "
you think thats steve rogers?  im not denying it but he is in the Cap armor that bucky wears. Why would he change (unless he doesnt go by Captain America anymore) 

@crimsonspider89 said:
" Also, Brubkaker just said on his twitter that three members of the team were missing. Yeah, not full roster. "
This is very interesting

@danhimself said:
" Steve Rogers with no shield makes me something something "
"go crazy?" 
Edited by The_Martian
@Korg said:

" @geraldthesloth said:

"3 more members is a possiblity because the writer said it, if he where joking or saying it in a joking manner i'd understand. "

Do you have a link to the interview where he said this? "
He twittered it here

1. Oh yeah, there's like 3 characters missing from that image. Interesting. Wonder if it was leaked on purpose? about 5 hours ago via web
    @ jyrenb Oh, nevermind, it's all over the internets. Wow, and that's not even all of the team. about 5 hours ago via web in reply to jyrenb
Posted by The_Martian
@geraldthesloth:  I think you were missing my point. I'm saying that the tagline is saying that no one is supposed to know about this team. The Secret Avengers during Civil War weren't trying to stay secret, they were acting outside the law. There is a difference. During the Heroic Age, there isn't going to be a SHRA so they are not acting outside the law. They are however working in secret, that was the point I was making.

As for the members, I'm still saying there are only the six.
Posted by Korg
@geraldthesloth said:
"3 more members is a possiblity because the writer said it, if he where joking or saying it in a joking manner i'd understand. "
Do you have a link to the interview where he said this?
Posted by CATMANEXE

curious about the authenticity of that three members thing as well, since there were only six shadow promos
and six members in this reveal image. maybe more join later? i believe the roster of the Avengers book coming
out was also said not to be full, and that more would join later as well.

Posted by geraldthesloth
@Nobody said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" Ask Brubaker not me, each of them have done something significant in the past save Valkyrie. "
That still doesn't explain how they are a secret team with a non secret roster though. I would put money down(if I had money to put down:P) that there are not 3 more members to this team. "
The Secret Avengers where publicly known in the Civil War, look at what each of them have done they're all kept on watch by the Governement H.A.M.M.E.R or S.H.I.E.L.D has files on all of them, Beast was relevant in S.W.O.R.D when he and Agent Brand under the power of Henry Gyrich sending the aliens home, or atleast trying, Nova had been spending time with the Corps against the Phalanax and Annilhation wave and was kept under high watch by Tony Stark, Moon Knight's insane and made a big comeback in his series, WarMachine was causing hell for Osborn and fighting against Ultimo killing a bunch of people on a army base. Valkyrie? meh.

3 more members is a possiblity because the writer said it, if he where joking or saying it in a joking manner i'd understand.
  • 104 results