103 Comments
  • 103 results
Edited by likalaruku

Great! I like anime & manga, but I'm sick of it seeping into american comics & graphic novels. Now if Yahoo Answers would just segrigate comics & manga/anime.....

Posted by Nahero
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Only Arrow would make a drug joke :P"

yeah totally
Edited by Bookman

Well, seeing as I have a 1000 points here already, I can assume I'll be getting the 1000 points for that site? I have dibs on Mangaman{as my username}.

Posted by Bookman

I thought it would be cartoons, well, techincly I'm right, seeing as Anime is Japanese cartoons. Don't we already have a lot of charecters on Comicvine already? Oh well. I'll sign up there too.

Posted by Andras

LOL

I cant wait.

Posted by Kiara_Sullivan

Only Arrow would make a drug joke :P

Posted by Final Arrow

And finally a new drug for me to get of the comicvine thin white line:D

Keep us posted when it goes up

Posted by Kamen Rider Kajiki

Resonate said:

"Red L.A.M.P. said:
"Hey all,

G-Man, Captain Cascader and I have been hard at work building Comicvine's 2nd sister site.  And it's about ANIME!   This is awesome on so many fronts you cannot possibly count them all!  But lets try anyway,

1.  Dragon Ball Z fanboys have a brand new place to spam, yay!
2.  Just like the world yearned for a badass comicbook site, so too does it for an anime/manga site.
3.  All the tools for editing and communicating that you find here, will also be on the anime site.

Ok, so we are not ready to launch the site yet, but I'm guessing we are about a week or two away.   The site will also have a new cast of staff members (plus us) who will help out on building and moderating the site.  I'll let you all know when we launch.  So if you are into anime or manga feel free to chime in here with your thoughts."
Goodbye Comicvine :)"

<-----Saw it coming from a far xD

Posted by Resonate
Red L.A.M.P. said:
"Hey all,

G-Man, Captain Cascader and I have been hard at work building Comicvine's 2nd sister site.  And it's about ANIME!   This is awesome on so many fronts you cannot possibly count them all!  But lets try anyway,

1.  Dragon Ball Z fanboys have a brand new place to spam, yay!
2.  Just like the world yearned for a badass comicbook site, so too does it for an anime/manga site.
3.  All the tools for editing and communicating that you find here, will also be on the anime site.

Ok, so we are not ready to launch the site yet, but I'm guessing we are about a week or two away.   The site will also have a new cast of staff members (plus us) who will help out on building and moderating the site.  I'll let you all know when we launch.  So if you are into anime or manga feel free to chime in here with your thoughts."
Goodbye Comicvine :)
Posted by LordAndrew

giantanimevine.com

Posted by TheDrifter

WHAT IS THE NAME?! :(

Posted by Kiara_Sullivan
Devilly said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
"oh heck no that aint all xP

Aniverse!"
FTW ^^ and sorry :P"

lol I love Anime. And if my friend had a comp he'd be right here with me xP
Posted by Mer-Man

i am so doing some Cowboy Bebop Bios :D

Posted by Devilly
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"oh heck no that aint all xP

Aniverse!"
FTW ^^ and sorry :P
Posted by Kiara_Sullivan

oh heck no that aint all xP

Aniverse!

Edited by Devilly
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"ANIME Finally something I know more about!

Pulls out her Animes Lets see.. Trigun, Inuyasha, Witch Hunter Robin, Full Metal Alchemist, Wolf's Rain, Trinity Blood, Blood, Blood Plus, Gokusen, Samurai Deeper Kyo... I"M SO EXCITED"

Is that all? that aint even one third of my list ^^
Posted by Kiara_Sullivan

oh thats a good one Kurrent

Posted by Kurrent

I kinda like Vinenime.com.......LOL

Posted by Kiara_Sullivan
G-Man said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Damnation Lee said:
"Huzzah! What's the name of it going to be?"
Red L.A.M.P. said:
"I cannot tell you the name yet.  I can tell you it has the word "anime" in it."
"
I'll even add that it has ".com" in it."
LMFAO! Smarties!

Animevine.com :P
Posted by Kiara_Sullivan

ANIME Finally something I know more about!

Pulls out her Animes Lets see.. Trigun, Inuyasha, Witch Hunter Robin, Full Metal Alchemist, Wolf's Rain, Trinity Blood, Blood, Blood Plus, Gokusen, Samurai Deeper Kyo... I"M SO EXCITED

Posted by King Saturn
Oh Wow... Simply Amazing
Edited by Kamen Rider Kajiki
SilverZeo said:
"Call dibs on Viewtiful Joe!"

LoL you can have him he aint ever gonna be better then the original henshin hero in my eyes XD
Posted by LordAndrew
SilverZeo said:
"Call dibs on Viewtiful Joe!"
Pfft. You can have Joe and his stupid sidekick. We both know Joe never really needed Blue Jr.
Posted by SilverZeo

Call dibs on Viewtiful Joe!

Posted by LordAndrew
Captain Cascader said:
"As a policy I don't think we'll frown on copying character bios from one site to the other where applicable. Really though we'd like each site to cover the specifics of that character in that universe.... example, how Batman exists in the anime universe (which he does)."
You just blew my mind.
Posted by Captain Cascader

We likely will not be able to transfer over accounts onto the site, you'll have to grab new usernames (im sure your current ones will be available there). We are however, looking into awarding 1000 points off the bat to trusted Comic Vine and Giant Bomb users so that they can immediately start editing.

As a policy I don't think we'll frown on copying character bios from one site to the other where applicable. Really though we'd like each site to cover the specifics of that character in that universe.... example, how Batman exists in the anime universe (which he does).
Staff
Posted by LordAndrew
GL Bertron said:
"LordAndrew said:
"Zaraki Ichigo said:
"Will submissions that are made by users on this site transferable to the new site or are the entries gonna have to be built from scratch all over again?"
Dammit! What's wrong with just writing new articles? That's what we do on Giant Bomb."
You have any say as to what's gonna happen?"
I never claimed to. I just don't see why people can't just write new articles.
Posted by G-Man

New wouldn't be bad.  I hate seeing some of articles looking very similar to wikipedia.  You don't have to take what someone has already written and simply reword it.  I've seen pages that even have the same number of paragraphs and talk about the same exact events.  Yes history is history and you can't rewrite a characters origins but they don't have to have the same exact events detailed.

Also, I hate to admit it but I've seen some pages here that could use some better grammar and spelling.  So nothing wrong with writing new stuff.

Staff
Posted by GL Bertron
LordAndrew said:
"Zaraki Ichigo said:
"Will submissions that are made by users on this site transferable to the new site or are the entries gonna have to be built from scratch all over again?"
Dammit! What's wrong with just writing new articles? That's what we do on Giant Bomb."
You have any say as to what's gonna happen?
Posted by LordAndrew
Zaraki Ichigo said:
Dammit! What's wrong with just writing new articles? That's what we do on Giant Bomb.
Posted by GL Bertron

Nah.  It will just clean up the forums so that the anime people don't have to be called names like followers of Goku- ism and smelly.  and comic fans don't have to keep icing their forehead after hitting themselves with their keyboards after some Hamtaro fan posts how the Hulk loses to the Hampster.

Posted by The Rookie

Lol Comicvine is going to lose alot of people

Posted by Devilly
G-Man said:
"Acheron said:
"Interesting! I'm not a huge anime/manga fan, but maybe I'll join in and get enlightened :)"
I've been reading sooooo much lately trying to get caught up.  It blows me away at how much there is.  I also surprised myself that I do have a bit of anime knowledge rolling around in the old noggin."
LoL and i know so much about that genre i could be making half of the site without any troubles XD
Posted by Zaraki Ichigo

Will submissions that are made by users on this site transferable to the new site or are the entries gonna have to be built from scratch all over again?

Posted by LordAndrew
G-Man said:
"Acheron said:
"Interesting! I'm not a huge anime/manga fan, but maybe I'll join in and get enlightened :)"
I've been reading sooooo much lately trying to get caught up.  It blows me away at how much there is.  I also surprised myself that I do have a bit of anime knowledge rolling around in the old noggin."
I have knowledge of many things that I shouldn't.
Posted by never give up

I remember when I use to watch dbz... lol.

Posted by never give up

I posted some manga scans for dbz lately.

Roshi destroys the moon.

With proves the power of a dbz blast.

Posted by G-Man
Acheron said:
I've been reading sooooo much lately trying to get caught up.  It blows me away at how much there is.  I also surprised myself that I do have a bit of anime knowledge rolling around in the old noggin.
Staff
Posted by Darth Balls

awesome Can't wait to see it.

Posted by LordAndrew
Damnation Lee said:
"Could we possible transfer our characters over onto the new website. If that would be at all possible then I'd be very appreciative."
Writing awesome articles is the best part!
Posted by Acheron

Interesting! I'm not a huge anime/manga fan, but maybe I'll join in and get enlightened :)

Posted by LordAndrew

Good, because that's the rumour I've been spreading.
Coonce made it too obvious.

Posted by Arcanum

AWESOME!

I call Naruto!

Posted by G-Man
aztek the lost said:
"Damnation Lee said:
Red L.A.M.P. said:
"I cannot tell you the name yet.  I can tell you it has the word "anime" in it."
"
I'll even add that it has ".com" in it.
Staff
Posted by Damnation Lee

Could we possible transfer our characters over onto the new website. If that would be at all possible then I'd be very appreciative.

Posted by aztek_the_lost
Damnation Lee said:
Red L.A.M.P. said:
Posted by Damnation Lee

Huzzah! What's the name of it going to be?

Posted by ZORN
Sweet though i expected a site based around action movies or movies in general any way i'm looking forward to it.
Posted by Vance Astro
Shadow Lord said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Shadow Lord said:
"YAAAAAAAAAA no more Dragon Ball Z spam thank you!!!!"
The DBZ spam isn't going anywhere.There are already DBZ forums specifically for DBZ..yet people would rather come to a comic forum and spam about it."
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats just sad"
It's beyond sad..it's the internet lol.The net is a common playground for douchebags.No matter where you go someone is going to me annoying for the hell of it.Myspace,Facebook,Youtube,any forum,chatrooms..same thing.
Posted by TheDrifter
Vance Astro said:
"Shadow Lord said:
"YAAAAAAAAAA no more Dragon Ball Z spam thank you!!!!"
The DBZ spam isn't going anywhere.There are already DBZ forums specifically for DBZ..yet people would rather come to a comic forum and spam about it."
THE DBZ SPAM IS...............OVER 9000!
  • 103 results