22 Comments
Posted by tomlikesfries

@tomlikesfries said:

Awesome write up dude! Keep up the good job.

Nice addition at the end of the review by the way xD. Gotta love Tobuscus!

Claro, mano. Não esqueça de ver os outros reviews que eu escrevi XD

Vou dar uma olhada xD

Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic

@sc said:

Epic review man, nice! ^_^

Posted by Samimista

@samimista said:

@dragonborn_ct: Great review big bro! =D Love the captions to the pictures. xD I'll be honest to say that I don't remember to much of the game since I had to borrow it once under a time limit. Do remember setting off explosives in the very beginning and getting flowers for Sofia? I should probably play it again to refresh my memory on it. It was interesting seeing how Ezio's life was going. Also was confused with the coma as well. 0.0 AC III helped with that though.

Hahaha glad you loved it too :)

I didn't play much of Revelations either, I remember playing it for the first time and then playing it again for the review. I played all the other games plenty of time over and over again, except for Revelations.

Hehe! xD I've done the same as well. That's why I was so unsure what Embers was lol. It is definitely time to replay Revelations though. Think my brother still has it too and he's not using it. Did love the setting of Constantinople. Loved climbing up the towers! =D Think I remember there being dancers at night too. =O

Posted by Dragonborn_CT

@dragonborn_ct: Great review big bro! =D Love the captions to the pictures. xD I'll be honest to say that I don't remember to much of the game since I had to borrow it once under a time limit. Do remember setting off explosives in the very beginning and getting flowers for Sofia? I should probably play it again to refresh my memory on it. It was interesting seeing how Ezio's life was going. Also was confused with the coma as well. 0.0 AC III helped with that though.

Hahaha glad you loved it too :)

I didn't play much of Revelations either, I remember playing it for the first time and then playing it again for the review. I played all the other games plenty of time over and over again, except for Revelations.

Edited by Samimista

Posted by Dragonborn_CT

Claro, mano. Não esqueça de ver os outros reviews que eu escrevi XD

Posted by tomlikesfries

Posted by Dragonborn_CT

Yet another awesome review from you man. Sucks that this may be your last AC review due to the lack of hype around Black Flag and possible future installations that have failed to impress me (us?) thus far. Really hope you can review another one of your favourite series, but I'll be reading your reviews in the near future again, was a real joy.

Thanks, man. It may be my last AC for now, but think about it; by the time I play AC IV, I will be just as in-depth as the other reviews. I was planning on buying it immediately and reviewing spoiler-free originally in case you didn't know before GTA V completely sold me on premise, trailers and reviews (while Black Flag... didn't.)

Edited by MonsterStomp

Yet another awesome review from you man. Sucks that this may be your last AC review due to the lack of hype around Black Flag and possible future installations that have failed to impress me (us?) thus far. Really hope you can review another one of your favourite series, but I'll be reading your reviews in the near future again, was a real joy.

Posted by CheeseSticks

@cheesesticks said:

Best game of the serie after ACII IMO, the ending was perfect. Ezio was such a great character.

Glad you loved it. I think you may also had enjoyed AC: Embers too ;)

I saw it, that's why i love Ezio even more !

Edited by Dragonborn_CT

Best game of the serie after ACII IMO, the ending was perfect. Ezio was such a great character.

Glad you loved it. I think you may also had enjoyed AC: Embers too ;)

I like how detailed your review is, always a pleasure to read. I think as with most AC fans, Revelations was kind of a middle ground for the series, a means to an end if you will. Personally, I find AC2 to be the best in the series with Brotherhood barely trailing behind but Revelations was shorter, it's plot indecisive aside from discovering the truth about Altair and finally putting an end to Ezio's story. Truthfully, it lacked the emotional impact that we got from other parts of the series and it kind of dropped my opinion of the game from a narrative perspective.

Obviously from a technical and gameplay perspective, it improved on the others, as it should be expected to. The graphics were crisp, the setting was refreshing, and the characters brought their own interesting bits and pieces to the game. It just felt short though and the improvements that were made just felt to miniscule to really make a difference.

Overall, I would probably give Revelations a similar score, one that I would rank exactly the same to the original Assassins Creed due to large ambition but no precision or meaningful impact.

Thanks, bro. Your opinion is pretty much close to mine and the review in a nutshell :)

Edited by CheeseSticks

Posted by Deranged Midget

I like how detailed your review is, always a pleasure to read. I think as with most AC fans, Revelations was kind of a middle ground for the series, a means to an end if you will. Personally, I find AC2 to be the best in the series with Brotherhood barely trailing behind but Revelations was shorter, it's plot indecisive aside from discovering the truth about Altair and finally putting an end to Ezio's story. Truthfully, it lacked the emotional impact that we got from other parts of the series and it kind of dropped my opinion of the game from a narrative perspective.

Obviously from a technical and gameplay perspective, it improved on the others, as it should be expected to. The graphics were crisp, the setting was refreshing, and the characters brought their own interesting bits and pieces to the game. It just felt short though and the improvements that were made just felt to miniscule to really make a difference.

Overall, I would probably give Revelations a similar score, one that I would rank exactly the same to the original Assassins Creed due to large ambition but no precision or meaningful impact.

Posted by Dragonborn_CT

@pyrogram said:

Highly enjoyable. Nice!

@sc said:

Thank you guys, I am glad you loved it :)

Posted by Pyrogram

Highly enjoyable. Nice!

Edited by SC

Edited by Dragonborn_CT

@darkazrael999: lol its alright, it must had been that glitch that happened earlier :P

Thanks, man. I appreciate it ;)

Have you played it yourself too? Which game is your favorite btw?

Posted by WarBlade539

@darkazrael999: Sorry, man. Can't see it :P

Damnit! I must have accidentally pressed ctrl + A and then backspace. lol

Anyway, extremely well done review. You managed to touch on all points and breakdown every aspect of the game in a clear and concise manner. I really enjoyed reading it, brother.

Posted by Dragonborn_CT
Edited by Dragonborn_CT

i couldnt do it. i couldnt bring myself to finish this one. maybe because i discovered the series late when they are all out up to revelations and played non stop, but i couldnt do it. the trailer got me PUMPED but the bombs destroyed it for me, plus the portrayal of suliman pasa can go straight to hell. he was a monster.

I am sorry to hear this, man. At times, they portray historical figures in a idealized manner that isn't very realistic, but others they don't shy away from showing the less than desirable traits such as George Washington's depiction in Assassin's Creed III (having part in Connor's mother's death and exiling his people).

Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik

i couldnt do it. i couldnt bring myself to finish this one. maybe because i discovered the series late when they are all out up to revelations and played non stop, but i couldnt do it. the trailer got me PUMPED but the bombs destroyed it for me, plus the portrayal of suliman pasa can go straight to hell. he was a monster.