47 Comments
Posted by cameron83

Good post

Posted by dondave

I'd read it

Posted by JetiiMitra

I started out disliking the idea and ended up loving it. Great job.

Posted by Super_SoldierXII

Some good ideas. Could work.

Though, truth be told, I'd love to see some fresh, new, cool creativity come from the house of Marvel.

Instead of all the Spidey, Hulk and Wolvie clones running amok.

Love all the quirky little characters running around Wolverine's school and all (for example), that's neat (when it's not too weird), but let's face it, there are only two or three X-Men that have the moxie to carry their own titles - and word on the street is Gambit ain't doing so hot. All Wolvie clones have failed (X-23 & Daken I'm looking at you), and now we see many Spidey spin-offs falling through the cracks.

There have been too few truly new & interesting characters, coming out of the house of ideas of late IMHO. You can take a run of the mill street thug and make him interesting with good storytelling, so it's not all the character's fault I guess.

I want new and interesting? I'll read a Valiant title for now - Luthor Strode & Bloodshot pique my interest of late.

Kaine was cool, had cool moments, but he lacked a three dimensional depth, a realism, that could have propelled him to be so much more ...

Posted by Strider92

I want new and interesting? I'll read a Valiant title for now - Luthor Strode & Bloodshot pique my interest of late.

I agree with this however I was just trying to figure out a way to keep the other members of the Spider-family around. Heck i'm dropping Marvel when Scarlet Spider ends and I dropped DC a while ago for Valiant. Valiant are in my opinion the current comic king of original characters and stories. Maybe Marvel or DC will take a leaf out of their book and create some new stuff at some point.

Edited by Ninjablade09

I would love something like this.

Posted by AllStarSuperman

Cool beans

Posted by henrik

Yes,good idea

Posted by TDK_1997

Some really good ideas here but I doubt that Marvel would invest in a team like this.

Posted by Vance Astro

It's hard to disagree with this because it's a good idea, but I think that having all these Spider-Men is taking away from Peter Parker.

Posted by Strider92

@vance_astro: While I agree that having a clone of a character in the same universe is detrimental, it seems to have worked for Batman and i'd rather see these characters in a single issue together than I would see them disappear due to sales.

Edited by Vance Astro

@strider92 said:

@vance_astro: While I agree that having a clone of a character in the same universe is detrimental, it seems to have worked for Batman and i'd rather see these characters in a single issue together than I would see them disappear due to sales.

I have a love hate relationship with that idea for Batman as well. I mean it makes sense and I like alot of those characters but there should be only one Batman. I like members of the Bat-Family that are like Batwing. Where the names are similar but they are nothing alike. A Spidey team would be cool if you add characters like what you have up there for the reserves, like Black Tarantula & Carnage (although I hate Carnage).

I get what you're saying about disappearing due to sales though. I think that some readers are really getting attached to Kaine & Flash\Venom. I personally would like to see those characters stick around.

Posted by spider11211

I don't know, it seems interesting but I don't know if I would like it.Spider-man is a lone gun.....well in a way. I guess with the write writer it could work...maybe Yost.

Posted by ImagineMan16

If Yost were to write it, then hell yes. He just seems to get these characters and putting them all in his hands at once would probably make for one of the best books on the shelves.

Posted by Phaedrusgr

That's a good one. I could see this happening with Pete as a leader though. I know he's not a team player, but when it's needed he can do it. Want to see this. Perfect idea.

Posted by Jake Fury

I'd buy it.

Issue One: the collective Spider-People restore Peter Parker as Spiderman.

Posted by Marionettegeist

I'd read it.

I'd buy it.

Issue One: the collective Spider-People restore Peter Parker as Spiderman.

No that's probably the end of the series. Once they realize Doc Ock is Spiderman and infighting occurs, after which they disband.

Posted by Lvenger

I really liked reading this blog mate, one of my favourites from you to date. Though they are all good. But in this case, you've outlined the roles each member plays and given more than credible reasons for it from exposing characters that can't hold their own series to the unique dynamics this team has. Your ideas are creative, fresh and developed, something that the Big Two can benefit from.

But I don't think SpOck would ever bring this team together. Yes he's shown to be more of a team player than Peter but it's on his own terms with his own private army, resources and spider bots. He hates Kaine for killing him and said some fairly nasty things to Kaine last time they met. He's having major problems with Miguel at the moment and Venom is probably going to get d***ed around when SpOck meets Venom in a few months. And he'd probably snub Miles for being a kid out of his depth. Peter would actually be a better candidate for bringing this team together as he's the de facto leader and icon for the Spider Family.

But that's a minor issue. It would be glorious to see this team brought together and if Yost, Parker or another quality writer were to write it, I might overlook my dislike for SpOck. Very nicely written.

Edited by Strider92

@lvenger: As I said i'm no fan of SpOck. However he is pretty smart in an evil genius sort of way and if I was him i'd want everyone who knew my secret identity in one place so I could keep tabs on them and kill them if need be. While he's painted a bad picture of himself he could always explain it by saying he wasn't himself or was upset about something and get away with it. Not to mention its a good way of finally letting the people who should in theory know him best start to see through the charade.

The whole point in this series would be SpOck uniting them for his own selfish needs (keeping them all within his grasp) and using them to do good as a by-product as he plans to do with the Superior Six and the Spider-mercs. Basically bringing them together for the wrong reasons but using them for good in process. I could see that being something SpOck would do. He's a manipulative sucker after all. Although Peter should be the leader he doesn't like teams and he wouldn't want to work with someone like Kaine or Venom who use lethal force. The whole thing would fall apart before it began.

Edited by PeppeyHare

I'd read it

Posted by GraniteSoldier

@strider92:

This is a neat idea, but the only chink in the armor I see here is I don't see Flash Thompson teaming with SpOck. He idolizes Spider-Man, and once he sees what Spidey has become I don't see him teaming with him. Unless, of course, he is written like an idiot like almost everyone else Spidey knew (like Mary Jane). After seeing Scarlet and Superior's interactions, I doubt he'd be on board as well.

The only way I see Flash getting on board, and I find this to be very likely in the scenario, is Flash acting as a "double agent" of a sorts. He's black-ops trained, so knowing something is wrong with Peter he could start to gather intel and develop the situation and figure out what is going on exactly.

It's a very interesting idea I think. Nice work.

Posted by Lvenger

@strider92: Hmm that's a good motivation for the team. The only concern is as to why he'd want to work with two people he's pi$$ed off and another two he's not familiar with. Or why he'd go through a change of heart.

I can see why he wouldn't want to work with two people who, despite being friends or close with are willing to use lethal force. But it would be an interesting plot point for Kaine and Venom to be held in check by Peter's example on their missions until some threat called for serious action, thus generating a clash in the team

Posted by Dark_Vengeance_

That's a great idea, who do you think could write it?

Posted by Strider92

That's a great idea, who do you think could write it?

Christopher Yost!!!!!

@strider92: Also wait, they cancelled Scarlet Spider? Oh f*ck no Marvel.

Posted by Strider92

@strider92: Also wait, they cancelled Scarlet Spider? Oh f*ck no Marvel.

Yep issue 25 is the last. However it may be getting relaunched next year as the titles start again at 1.

Posted by Lvenger

@strider92: Are they relaunching every Marvel Now issue next year? That's plain ridiculous.

Edited by Strider92

@lvenger said:

@strider92: Are they relaunching every Marvel Now issue next year? That's plain ridiculous.

Yep they are apparently.

@strider92: What? That's so stupid. Scarlet Spider is one of the few books I read from Marvel.

Edited by Strider92
Posted by InnerVenom123

Superior is a terrible team player. If you're using him as the foundation for this, it won't work.

He tried to murder Miguel, Kaine, and he'll almost certainly try to separate Flash from Venom. As for Miles, Otto's already proven he doesn't think just anyone should be in a Spider costume. Chances are he'd react to Miles the same way he reacted to the SPIDER-HERO guy from Mighty Avengers.

That and the fact that his army, while a massive force that he controls, is a paid army. They're only working with him for money.

And that Superior Six team is formed on the basis of kidnapping, so...

Posted by JetiiMitra

I think it would be really great. Under Ock it would be a much more goal-oriented team with him as the clear leader, calling shots and in some cases allowing deaths. Then when Peter comes back, the team might disband for a while, and when Peter eventually comes up against a threat he needs help with, they form a loose, really casual team with no defined command and everybody helping out whenever it's convenient.

Posted by 8008S

@mitran: Same here. Strider should co-write Spidey ;)

Posted by heroesgold

Good Idea, if this were to happen i'd take a look at it

Posted by GraniteSoldier

Superior is a terrible team player. If you're using him as the foundation for this, it won't work.

He tried to murder Miguel, Kaine, and he'll almost certainly try to separate Flash from Venom. As for Miles, Otto's already proven he doesn't think just anyone should be in a Spider costume. Chances are he'd react to Miles the same way he reacted to the SPIDER-HERO guy from Mighty Avengers.

That and the fact that his army, while a massive force that he controls, is a paid army. They're only working with him for money.

And that Superior Six team is formed on the basis of kidnapping, so...

I forgot to add something like this into my post. The team would work better with Peter as the lead/brains #2 guy rather than Otto. Even historically with his Sinister Six past, he was a "boss" not a leader. There is a significant difference.

Edited by PunyParker

@strider92 Υοu have awesome ideas,but this is so shocking good!!

Posted by M3th

Good Job Stride. One question, wHat is tHis teams name?

-StayBlessed-

Posted by Strider92

@m3th: Superior Planning Initiative and Danger Emergency Response aka S.P.I.D.E.R.

Edited by M3th

DDZZDDDZAAAAMMMZZZZZ

-STAYBLESSED-

Posted by Strider92

@m3th: Yep thought up the name and everything!

Posted by Lvenger

@m3th: Superior Planning Initiative and Danger Emergency Response aka S.P.I.D.E.R.

Damn that is an awesome name for the team! Appeals to Otto's vanity too.

Posted by Strider92

@lvenger: I just really want to see Black Tarantula again lol! He's one of my favorite spider-villains and we never ever see him. I'd get Marvel to make this just for the oppotunity to see him again!!!

Posted by M3th

Really is a great name.

-StayBlessed-

Edited by Lvenger

@strider92: It would make sense for Superior to pay him once in a while to come on the team. He seems to be doing that with his Spider army.

Posted by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

I don't see it working. Kaine would want nothing to do with the team. Otto is actually a horrible team player and if Kaine is somehow on the same team they don't have a straight man for the dynamic apart from Miles and maybe Flash. I haven't read Agent Venom so I might be wrong on that. Plus from a personal standpoint I don't want to read about Spider-Ock.

Edited by PaperDemon

Wonderful idea but no matter how much us comic viners beg... Theres probably no way this will be noticed by marvel. I wish really bad that this would happen but how do any of you guys think marvel will see this out of the million other ideas passed around on the internet.