5 Comments
Edited by AllStarSuperman

Why no Valiant titles?

Posted by akbogert

@allstarsuperman: I guess I've just never seen something of theirs and been interested?

To be fair there's no Dynamite, Dark Horse, or Boom here either.

Posted by Deranged Midget

Nice pull list.

I sincerely doubt though that the .1 issues for ASM that were announced are anything more than flashback stories at the moment. It's pretty clear that Peter will return eventually and Marvel has temporarily cut off the main title in the past as they've done recently to kick off a new on-going before switching back. Guess it's a bit of foreshadowing to get people to relax a bit.

I've been largely enjoying All New X-Men and Wood's X-Men title has been fun as well. Haven't bothered to pick up Uncanny though but I will for the BOTA tie-in.

And yeah, Scarlet Spider being cancelled is an absolute shame considering it was one of my top reads from Marvel on a consistent basis.

Posted by akbogert

@deranged_midget: Well, that's the power of Yost for ya. He really is one of my favorite writers in Marvel's stables, and it's a shame that they've now predominately got him writing stories with SSM, seeing as I just have no desire whatsoever to read that character.

I love UXM. I can understand why the art might put some people off, but story-wise I've generally found it better-paced and more compelling than ANXM. I also seem to empathize more with Scott in the whole AvX fallout though, so maybe that plays a role in it.

I imagine you're right about Peter coming back in full force, but the numbering choice in particular does indeed make me think that when they bring him back, they will actually be picking back up with ASM 701. Which is actually pretty nice. You say they've done that sort of thing before?

Edited by Deranged Midget

@akbogert said:

@deranged_midget: Well, that's the power of Yost for ya. He really is one of my favorite writers in Marvel's stables, and it's a shame that they've now predominately got him writing stories with SSM, seeing as I just have no desire whatsoever to read that character.

I love UXM. I can understand why the art might put some people off, but story-wise I've generally found it better-paced and more compelling than ANXM. I also seem to empathize more with Scott in the whole AvX fallout though, so maybe that plays a role in it.

I imagine you're right about Peter coming back in full force, but the numbering choice in particular does indeed make me think that when they bring him back, they will actually be picking back up with ASM 701. Which is actually pretty nice. You say they've done that sort of thing before?

Well yes, prior to JMS' run on ASM, they were numbering off the series through different titles, eventually making their way back to the official numbering of the series.

I for one, enjoy what Superior Spider-Man presents right now. It's a different tone and just a side-act really. Considering Spider-Man is my favourite character, I wasn't really pleased with how his death was handled but the premise is interesting at the very least as it provides a different perspective.

Yeah, that's generally what attracts most people to UNXM I guess. Personally, Scott has generally scratching at my nerves. I used to like the character a lot but he's drifted off that path in my personal opinion. I understand he's trying to do things his way now but he basically just drops everything he learned previously and seems too brash. To each their own though.