12 Comments
Edited by kfhrfdu_89_76k
Posted by Squalleon

@kfhrfdu_89_76k:
What kind of comics are you reading european,superhero,indies,manga etc?

Edited by kfhrfdu_89_76k

@squalleon:

No, can`t think of any. I`ve grown with comics from, like, since I was just a few years old. So I guess it`s pretty obvious to me that comics are suprawesome, and therefor I don`t have any comics that woulda altered the way I view comicdom as a whole.

Finland, a Scandinavian country, part of Northern Europe.

Posted by Squalleon

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: You probably haven't noticed them :-P
If you really try to remember there would be 2-3 comics that really changed the way you think about the medium and well everything.....comics that will stand out from the bunch in your mind.

Where are you from? Asterix and Lucky Luke are a big love of mine but i think they don't get much love outside Europe :-P

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

The first item! Lucky Luke and Asterix & Obelix!= D

I don`t think I`ve ever read any comics that woulda got me thinking: Holy-! I`ll never look at comics the same way again.

I guess I don`t need to. Or maybe I haven`t noticed a comic doing so to me.

But...the odd thing is...I`ve read many comics that have changed the way I look at the world and the universe. Maybe even the omniverse.

Posted by Riot_Sqrrl

@squalleon: lol There is nothing wrong with your list. I was just observing. My laptop has the un-list-making friendly Internet Explorer, but I will create one on my Mac at home just for you using Safari later. ;)

Posted by Squalleon

@riot_sqrrl: I am sorry if i came out wrong. I just wanted you to get an image of how long i read comics :-)
These stories are relatively new indeed, as a new reader I entered certain franchises through the best current starting point. Also I live in Greece(and not in the capital), American comics were difficult to find.

If you wouldn't mind could you tell me what books influenced you as a reader?(or make a list!) My curiosity is taking over me :-)

Posted by Riot_Sqrrl

@squalleon:

I'm nearly 40, and have been for much longer, but all of the superhero comics on your list are semi-recent...um, I guess compared to mine. ~blushes~ You have good taste, so please don't interpret this as me condescending.

Edited by Squalleon

@riot_sqrrl: i have been reading comics for 10 years :-P (but depends on what you mean new)

Posted by Riot_Sqrrl

You are either young or a comparatively new comic book fan, but either way, this is an impressive list.

Posted by Squalleon
Posted by thespideyguy

Cool list.