14 Comments
Posted by Cafeterialoca

We'll miss you!

Posted by AllStarSuperman

I thought you liked avengers arena?

Edited by akbogert

@allstarsuperman: That may be the most ridiculous interpretation of me I've ever seen on CV. :P

No, wait... that's second to "You parade your beliefs around the site as a badge of honour, but when it comes time to a check of morals you come up bankrupt."

Still... I actually cannot think of a more untrue thing. I literally joined CV to complain about AA's existence, after all.

Edited by AllStarSuperman

@akbogert: I was just kidding. I've talked to you before.

Posted by akbogert

@allstarsuperman: Yes, well I suppose it'd be impossible to have done so and actually believe I liked that book... though, sometimes folks surprise me, so I like to be sure ^_^

Posted by lykopis

Avengers what? Never heard of the book...

:P

I hear you, though. I've been taking a step back as well and have been working on a new perspective with the books I am following now. I am spending more time with the indies anyway.

I would suggest you put aside the idea of part-time work for at least the first semester (seriously). Lots of change coming your way, sir.

Posted by papad1992

Good luck to you with your studies... I'm heading out to a university too and just got a job at a radio station so I've been cutting back also, comic-book-purchasing-wise and being online CV.

בהצלחה - means "good luck" in Hebrew.

Posted by akbogert

@papad1992: Thanks! Good luck to you as well... er... Bonne chance, even.

@lykopis: When I went to my "local" (40 minutes away) comic shop last week I picked up the free Vertigo previews/forecast thing, and I have to admit a ton of stuff in there really intrigued me. Between them and Image, I will admit that the more independent stuff is definitely a much greater draw for me.

As for work, I'm not entirely sure it's up to me. As it stands now, I do not have enough money to cover the entire year's worth of expenses (my stipend is only 9 months), and I don't know if I want to risk depending on lucrative summer work. I'll be far happier, and far safer, if I can make money throughout the year and know for sure that at the very least I will be able to cover bills during the summer if I really can't find anything good. And if I do get some great summer work, then I'll just have extra cash. As it stands I don't feel comfortable living paycheck to paycheck, as it provides no opportunity for saving for the future, or any unforeseen expenses.

Posted by Madwizard321

Well... If this is your first year of college classes it will definitely be the hardest to get used too. It was a really big change for me and I'm finally starting to adjust to the change after almost being done school. I'll wish you the best of luck.... but I can't truly say I'll miss all of your thoughts about Avengers Arena.

Also, I'll wish you luck with the part time job. It really is difficult to balance college, and a job as well. Last year I was balancing three jobs and college and still manage to pull through. If I can do crazy crap like that I think you'll do fine... Hopefully. Good luck pursuing your dreams!!!!

Edited by MatKrenz

Are you sure you don't want me to tell you that in the last issue of Arena, X-23 became a cannibal and ate Hazmat's face off ? Cause that totally happened.

But seriously hope life gets streamlined a bit in the future.

Posted by akbogert

@madwizard321: First year of grad school. Technically this will be my fifth year of college. Though honestly there are so many things different about this (compared to my first year of undergrad) that I imagine it will still be a pretty shocking transition. And unsurprising regarding those thoughts :P As much as you may dislike reading them, I doubly dislike having them.

@matkrenz: Now, now. I'm not so long out of the loop as to have forgotten the latest issue isn't even in Murder World ^_^ But thanks!

Posted by animehunter

@akbogert: I know you don't want to know anything regarding Avengers Arena, but I thought you'd like to know that the November Solicits have stated that the this run of the book is ending with issue 18, and unfortunately has hinted at another run in the future.

This is what an article said about it

Also in November, "Avengers Arena" reaches its planned end with issue #18, dubbed "the searing series finale!" that's also "the launch pad for what comes next." In April, series writer Dennis Hopeless revealed that the "Boss Level" arc would serve as the finale for the first "season" of the series.

"The 'Boss Level' arc brings the story we set up with issue #1 to a close," Hopeless told CBR. "We told you from the start that this was a 30-day competition. 'Boss Level' takes us all the way to day 30 and beyond. After this, everything changes."

Posted by akbogert

@animehunter: Season Two has been promised for months now, so that's not really news. More like a lack thereof (in lieu of news that the series was cancelled).

Until the threat of death is explicitly removed from those kids, I don't want to know about it.

Posted by animehunter

@akbogert: If that happens, I'll let you know.