21 Comments
Edited by Riot_Sqrrl

Have you heard the Super-Villain Team-Up podcast at http://www.svtu.tumblr.com? It's the original Eel and Porcupine interviewing obscure Marvel villains. Some funny parody of comic book trends and current events there; The Icemaster is a Hostess Fruit Pie addict who loses his shit when the company goes under, Smokescreen becomes a cancer-ridden Pete Rose, and Trago, the Man with the Magic Trumpet... poor bastard. lmao

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

@riot_sqrrl:

No, but I might check it out.

Do you have any MARVEL-characters in mind, that deserve an ongoing series?

Posted by Riot_Sqrrl

Yes, but they aren't who most people expect, or have even heard of...

5. Matthew O'Brien. He was a critic for Cine-Fantasy magazine, and killed the original Hangman with his onw scythe in Bizarre Adventures #31 - Violence. What has his life been like since? I think a four-issue limited series might be engaging. He's so obscure he doesn't even rate a Comic Vine profile.

4. "Nightcrawler and the Technet". In the unlikely event I ever write for Marvel, this is the project I would pitch; Nightcrawler and Excalibur "villains," the Technet, embarking on odd, Doctor-esque adventures across time and space. If he wasn't too busy, Alan Davis would be more than welcome to do the art.

3. Krang. This Atlantean warlord went from wearing a Alex Raymond-inspired Ming the Merciless costume and menacing Namor to becoming one of the Defenders. I want a story elaborating on this character's evolution and present.

2. Midnight Sun. Shang Chi's adopted brother is out there somewhere, with fighting skills and Kree technology that allow him to stand his own in a physical confrontation with the Silver Surfer, and he is looking for meaning. How?

1. Super-Villain Team-Up, but not with Doctor Doom. One thing I really enjoy about the SVTU podcast is how much fleshing out the podcasters have done for two obscure, DEAD Marvel super-villains, as well as their guests. I'd kind of like the book to be a springboard for making flat characters more well-rounded. I want that kind of storytelling. The Bar with No Name would be a recurring setting.

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k
Posted by Riot_Sqrrl

Woot.

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k
Posted by Jonny_Anonymous

I remember that book, it could have been so cool :(

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

@jonny_anonymous:

Wow, I had completely forgotten who the other members were.

Are you sure you don`t have any suggestions at all?

Posted by Jonny_Anonymous
Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k
Edited by lykopis

Duuuuust.

Duuuuuuust.

Duuuuuuuuust.

Her own on-going.

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

@lykopis:

Funny. I gave her her own ongoing, but then decided that it might be better for her to be a part of a group.

But, don`t feel bad. Instead, check item number 30.

Edited by lykopis

YES!! Meets Sabra can be the opening arc -- but I want to go on forever. She can like, collect new mutants in the Middle East and stuff. Get into some really complicated and controversial situations!!

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

@lykopis:

It would be fine now, yes. But eventually, racism towards islamic humans will fade out, and...

Yeah, that`s not gonna happen soon. Maybe it could go on forever...

Edited by kfhrfdu_89_76k
Posted by Riot_Sqrrl

I see a lot of riot_sqrrl suggestions taken to heart. Thanks! Now hurry up and get published so I can buy an $80 voucher to have my photo taken with you at Wizard World or for you to sign a buncha books.

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

@riot_sqrrl:

Okay. Wait here, I`ll only be gone for a few years.

Posted by MisterAnderson

I would love for there to be an enigmatic character circulating through Marvel books through time, a puzzle not so quickly solved, a mystery without such obvious clues. Should your mad dreams ever become a reality and this list reaches fruition, I'll bet you'd be the scribe to do it.

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

@misteranderson:

Hm. Sounds interesting enough, but I`m not sure if I`d wanna make a series of that one. You can keep it, make a story of your own. Me...I have almost TOO MANY ideas.

Posted by MisterAnderson

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: No, man. I don't think it should be A Marvel book, but be glimpsed through several books like the Scourge of the Underworld or Thanos/Adam Warlock feud in the 70s. Also, I want to know what happened to Scar Turpin and the Captain America-wannabes.

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

@misteranderson:

Hm. You mean chameos of characters, without mentioning their names? Would work.

Go ahead and do it, man.