99 Comments
  • 99 results
Posted by iamrightyouknow

lol the trolls

Posted by SonDeathEater

@ayantandon: 1.idk what you mean

2.Same

3.Dbz uses ki to amp their punches just like their ki blasts and the speed force( tho differwnt verse)

4.Asleep no ki amp,took a mushroom.cloud explosion from Piccolo point blank in dragon ball part. 1

@limpoyzloan: all of them?I disagree

Posted by LimpoyzLoan

@ayantandon: Just so you know, I don't stand by any of these arguments anymore (because I got sharper, I guess.)

And looking at those arguments I presented just make me cringe.

Edited by AyanTandon

This arguments better than most, but you're just a Goku fanboy who doesn't know much about superman, Goku is a way cooler character IMO but Superman would mostly win

1. Doomsday vs superman cant be used as an example as doomsday can't be killed by anything twice. Goku was killed by Raditz and we didn't take that as a standard for Goku?

2. how do we know which calculations Gero was talking about? That scene had android 19 not 16.

3. Strike would be strength and speed combined, Goku at his base form struggles with 100 tons and superman can hold 6 sextillion tons for 5 days without much effort. In speed Superman flies 8 times the speed of light while slowing down for his opponent.

4. Goku said ouch that hurt when krillin I think chucked a rock at him, sure he'd take a nuclear bomb, actually he would but seeing his immune system during android saga would die of radiation poison

Now lets say that Goku and Superman are a match in strength and speed by the end of it Goku will die of exhaustion as he needs to breathe and eat to survive which superman doesn't.

Edited by TheReptile

I agree with this Death Battle are so wrong it anit even funny. I could see Supes beating Goku (Like you I think it could go either way) but overall I still think Goku would win if it was new 52 or post crisis.

Goku is just a better fighter, can fight FTL and his normal punches can break planets!

I think Goku is underrated on these battles forums and I believe that he could beat someone likes Supes,

Death Battle are just fanboys like most of us! On Ben's facebook he literally has made statuses about how Superman is a great character and this and that, but when it comes to Goku he has only made one! and in that one that he made he literally insults Goku because of this new Super Saiyan God form. Ben is just as basis as the rest of us, not to mention he thinks cloud couldn't beat link!

Posted by SheenLantern
Posted by LimpoyzLoan
Posted by LimpoyzLoan
Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642
Posted by hardcorefakes
Posted by LimpoyzLoan

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: What does that have anything to do with it? Goku's obviously superior in striking power either way. Look at the BotG feat with King Kai.

@limpoyzloan: I'm just showing you some striking feats of his. this is Superman holding back and he shook the Earth yet it takes a SSJ3 level Goku to shake the Earth.....I think we know now who's superior.

Posted by LimpoyzLoan

@limpoyzloan: Well New 52 Superman did hit H'EL so hard the planet earth shook and you could hear and feel the shockwaves of the blows all the way up in space. plus New 52 Superman also plowed Shazam into the ground with a huge punch.

He also hit the ground so hard the ground cracked and sent the JL and JLA flying

Posted by LimpoyzLoan

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I agree, Superman wins. But the way Death Battle presented it was just plain wrong.

And I think that Superman Post Crisis would win, but it'd be a lot more difficult for him than you'd think... *points up to the blog* And Goku would win against New 52 IMO. New 52 has no feats that make him stand out over Goku except for benching Earth. But again, lifting strength does not equal striking power.

Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

@limpoyzloan: Superman is too strong fast powerful etc... he's done some pretty insane things. Pre Crisis Superman destroy's Goku. Post Crisis Superman is capable of beating Goku without much effort. New 52 Superman vs Goku would be closer too call since he is depowered. I'd still give it to Superman but it would be tougher for him to take out Goku.

Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

@heymanjack: I'm not going to continue arguing this it's pointless. Superman cannot fight at light speed. nor can he move at the speed of thought.

Posted by heymanjack

@heymanjack: I did he's wrong BTW. 1.The speed of thought is faster than the speed of light it has been proven before.You do realize Flash also stated he was 2. lending them his speed in that scan .it was my bad I meant faster than thought. Wonder Woman can't even go FTL so the whole assumption that she moved faster than the speed of thought is ridiculous

1. Where?

2. The scan specifically states Wonder Woman. How did it become them?

Also

Look, Superman was able to see Barry allen when he was going faster than light. This is pretty interesting as well since The Flash HAD TO go FTL to escape Darkseids beams.

and here's superman dodging this at close range WHILE changing directions. DS was bloodlusted at this point.

This scan shows superman can hang in combat at light speeds.

Posted by LimpoyzLoan

@heymanjack: I did he's wrong BTW. The speed of thought is faster than the speed of light it has been proven before.You do realize Flash also stated he was lending them his speed in that scan .it was my bad I meant faster than thought. Wonder Woman can't even go FTL so the whole assumption that she moved faster than the speed of thought is ridiculous

Posted by w0nd

I question Goku's durability. Sharp things can puncture his skin. Vegta tried to impale him against a rock and that actually caused him to panic. He can take heavy blows, and he can block swords when prepared, but a pointy rock (and needles for comic relief) can hurt him.

Posted by heymanjack

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Please click the link I posted. Speed of thought at best is equal to the speed of light and at the least slower than light. And what about the scan? Flash said they (Him, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter) are faster than thought. What are you talking about moving FTL in the scan?

Posted by SandMan_

All of this is assumption. Unless Toriyama makes Goku survive the explosion of a planet, lift a continent ( keep is consistent) and fly near light speed. I don't see Goku winning.

Edited by xlab3000

I agree with your analysis

@heymanjack: Flash never said he was moving FTL in that scan. Superman was never shown to be faster than the speed of thought though he has been close to it he could never quite get there Flash and Silver Surfer are the only 2 super hero's who can move at the speed of thought.

Edited by heymanjack
@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

@heymanjack: He has never moved faster than the speed of thought he has only moved millions of times faster than light so he is near the Speed of Thought. But during combat he has never moved FTL but he has moved near Light speed during combat which is why he can blitz opponents and seem invisible.

What?

Speed of thought and speed of light compared

At best, it is equal to light, at the least, it is slower than light.

Flash even says that Superman can move faster than thought.

However we are moving away from topic.

@heymanjack: He has never moved faster than the speed of thought he has only moved millions of times faster than light so he is near the Speed of Thought. But during combat he has never moved FTL but he has moved near Light speed during combat which is why he can blitz opponents and seem invisible.

Posted by heymanjack

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Superman is faster than the speed of thought, He can go to light speed. The fact is he can dodge attacks made by Goku, did you see him match teleportation in scans I posted above? That's long distance feat right there he was fast enough to be there in an instant. Moving in short distance? Superman can do that. He perceives superluminal movement, He has already shown he can react at that speed. He can punch at luminal speeds. What more could you want?

@heymanjack: Superman is not faster than the speed of Thought he is near they're though his combat speed is near the speed of light but all this doesn't matter he still beats Goku.

Posted by heymanjack
Posted by spidermanandsuperman

@heymanjack: was that pre or post crisis superman that resisted molecular manipulation

Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones

Saint Seiya Solo

cuz at this point, who the h*ll cares.

Posted by LimpoyzLoan
Posted by LimpoyzLoan
Edited by heymanjack

@limpoyzloan: I don't think this will get locked. DBZ battle threads however usually end up in flame wars. We have been pretty civil so far though. But yeah, I can see other users getting riled up with the thread. Thanks for the discussion dude.

Posted by LimpoyzLoan

@heymanjack: That doesn't mean the actual explosion has to spread to other planets. Besides, DBZ characters can concentrate their energy. That's why you see Piccolo destroying a moon with a small ki blast that looks to be only 6 inches tall. And I still don't get what you're trying to say. It doesn't prove Goku can't survive a planet busting attack. And Buu's blast is way above planet busting.

If you look in the manga it looks as if Gohan only dismembers and then their body's mysteriously vanish and vaporize from the battlefield whereas others turn into vapor upon the blow. The anime took the liberty of showing how all are vaporized by the blows: The most absurd thing about the Cell Juniors is that they have the fighting capabilities (power) of Super Saiyans! http://www.mangahere.com/manga/dragon_ball/v34/c011/5.html http://www.mangahere.com/manga/dragon_ball/v34/c011/6.html The Cell Juniors would theoretically own Freeza considering that Vegeta and Trunks are more powerful at this point than Goku was when he first went Super Saiyan against the galactic tyrant.

That feat is impressive, but it's not like Goku can't go that speed either:

Kaioken lasts for a single heartbeat. Now, the average human heartbeat while resting is 50 to 100 bpm. However, when Goku first uses Kaioken, he's already well into the fight. When a person is exercising or running, the heart rate normally goes up to 200 bpm. Simple math:

60 seconds in a minute/ 200 bpm = .3 seconds. Or 3 deciseconds. The reason Goku wouldn't be able to microscopically kill enemies is because he doesn't have microscopic vision lol.

Unless you've got proof that Superman is instantaneous, that doesn't mean a whole lot. It's called instant transmission for a reason.

Isn't that planet Pluto? The planet that's even smaller than our moon? Or am I mistaken from the scan? (Haven't read that issue before)
Besides, Goku has shown to be able to tank many planetary attacks. Case in point, *points up to Majin Vegeta and Goku point* Besides, this makes sense in the storyline since Goku was able to hurt Frieza with his strikes, who was planetary in durability. And to your destructo disk point, I disagree with. It proves that it can cut planetary-durability beings, not planets themselves. And yes, it does mean they can do that. Cell stated the Cell Jrs had all of his cells and abilities. Meaning they had Frieza's cells as well.

I was never arguing that Superman couldn't survive a supernova, but he does get hurt by lesser than planetary strikes. Like Wonder Woman and Supergirl. You're punches don't need to be above Supernova level to hurt him.

Nor am I arguing about stamina. However, without a doubt Goku is more skilled. If Goku is tired in a fight, he'll pop a senzu bean in his mouth. Plain and simple. Besides, Goku's not going to waste too much energy if he is using IT. The only thing he can waste in terms of energy is energy blasts and strikes. Not to mention that Superman's stamina is based on solar energy. He had plenty of time to regain stamina during those years of fighting.

2:50 You see Goku being hit in places that would affect pressure points. However, Goku gets up afterwards. Besides, Goku's an expert martial artist, he won't just let Superman poke him over. If he can't dodge, he'll block.

Again, how fast is thought? You're not really specifying how fast it is. Wonder Woman is barely FTL, so according to you, thought is faster than light. That doesn't mean that Wonder Woman can react to a 1000 FTL speed blitz. And I take back what I said about Goku not being light speed. He might be given these scans:

Sorry, but I'm not going to continue arguing with you about this, because I don't want this to look like a debate thread and getting it locked. So that's all I have to say about this. Again, the fight could really go either way.

Posted by TheVoiceOfReason

I don't think anyone on this site takes deathbattle seriously. The people you should show this to are non-comic book readers.

Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic

You've just released the Kraken, opened Pandora's box and offered the Apple of Discord to everyone on this site in just one thread.

Edited by heymanjack
@limpoyzloan said:

You're asking way too many hypothetical questions.

Actually these are legit questions. I apologize for my spelling at the time though, I was very sleepy LOL

First of all, the actual attack was way below the size of a planet. The planet's explosion was the outcome of the attack. Furthermore, there were no nearby planets around to be affected by the explosion, since the actual explosion was only planetary.

This is the solar system where DBZ Earth is located (Battle of Gods screencap) clearly there are planets near Earth. Now since the actual explosion only affected the earth, It means that Goku can be killed by a planet bursting attack that can only affect a single planet. I'm referring to Buu's attack by the way

Also, if you look in the manga, Gohan was destroying the Cell Jrs (Same abilities as Cell, which had Frieza's durability cells, which are planetary) with his strikes alone. That shows that Gohan can destroy planetary durability level beings. And Vegeta, who can sense energy, stated that Goku was stronger than Gohan at the Cell games. Vegeta, having more power than Cell, hits Goku with many planetary strikes with only suffering from bruises and drawing blood. So Goku could tank Superman's planetary strikes for quite some time.

I don't think the Cell Jr's have the same abilities/durability as cell. Gohan was decapitating the Cell Jr's left and right upon reaching super saiyan 2 but they stayed dead while Cell was able to regen from having his entire upper body removed. We can't even say that the attacks were planet destroying, Frieza was cut by his destructo disc, but that doesn't mean the destructo disc is a planet busting attack. Same with Gohan's punches during that arc.

Saiyans can survive in space, there's nothing to suggest that they can stay up there forever. It would have taken forever for Goku to get to Earth by his speed alone.

Point taken.

I wouldn't know. Goku's energy attacks are way above planetary, but his strikes seem to be only planetary as shown in BotG and my first point (See above)

Superman is faster, no doubt about it. But Goku has a major advantage in combat: Instant Transmission.

If Goku knew that Supes was faster than him, then it's likely he would use it in combat as well. And yes, Goku and Superman are pretty much equal in terms of striking power. You see many times in Superman comics that Superman can get hurt by less than planetary punches. IE Supergirl and Wonder Woman. So Goku could do some damage to Superman. And according to @theincrediblesuperhulk8642 Superman is near light speed in terms of combat speed. So really, they'd both do some damage to each other.

Here is superman in a split second destroyed a ship and it's occupants. What's amazing about this feat is that his opponents are actually microscopic beings. In a split second he destroyed it on a microscopic level. Note that this ship and it's inhabitants are capable of overruning earth.

Superman is capable of reacting to Goku's IT.

Superman is capable of percieving superluminal events while standing still. (ie seeing Barry moving at FTL, I don't have the scans at the moment though)

Here's superman matching the speed of teleportation.

Superman at point blank withstood the destruction of a planet. Superman took no damage

Superman survives being crushed by two planets

Here is the famous surviving an exploding sun (supernova)

Let's not forget that superman fought for years with Wonder Woman and DC's Thor during the battle of Ragnarok. He has the endurance/stamina to keep pace for a long time.

In a pinch superman is capable of using pressure points. In your video of Goku vs Bills, Goku was KO'ed by a pressure point attack. Superman can use pressure points to his advantage.

Superman resists molecular manipulation

Flash says Superman is faster than thought

By vibrating his body at fast speeds he becomes intangible and in the same manner he can make people explode.

Posted by LimpoyzLoan

@limpoyzloan said:

Okay, but why are they just simple planet busting attacks? It doesn't state that it was a simple planet busting attack, just that it had enough energy to destroy Earth. Same with Cell. It never stated that the maximum output of the attack. I mean, the entire Earth was shaking from him powering up alone. So why would that be just a simple planet busting attack? Do we have proof that they were just planet busting. Are all planet busting attacks the same level of energy?

Obviously because Goku can't breathe in space. There's nothing to suggest that Goku wouldn't survive the explosion, but he's not fast enough to travel from Namek to Earth with his breath held in. Once the planet exploded, he was done. There's no way for him to get back to Earth without taking a ship, because he's not fast enough to hold his own in space and get back to Earth.

Like I said, Goku would either die by bleeding out if he was cut up, or if he died from lack of oxygen in space. Frieza would survive because he can breathe in space. I still don't get what you're trying to say.

Planet busting attacks are not simple. I'm just saying that Goku was scared of tanking planet bursting attacks (buu) that was clearly shown to only destroyed Earth. If it was any stronger, I'm sure more planets would be shown to be destroyed. The point is Goku knows he can be hurt by planet busting attacks even if it is only singular planet busting attacks as shown on dbz manga.

Now about Goku breathing in space. What is it really? In Dragonball he shown to go to outer space and be totally fine with it. In DBZ Battle of Gods it was shown that Goku was having a staring contest with billis in outer space. Bardock was seen in outer space and talking (not sure about talking, memory is sketchy at the moment)

Another question. Are physical attacks different than Ki blasts? I've seen in DBZ that (for example) Frieza no sells ki blasts that are supposedly moon bursting at most and mountain bursting at the least but then gets hurt by punches? Why is that? Are punches more powerful than Ki blasts?

Anyway, You said it yourself that Goku is not faster than light and you said that Superman's combat speed is atleast 17x FTL. At Just below lightspeed punches we can see that Superman is capable of destroying planets. Can we sare at the least planet bursting at that speed? And since Superman is faster than Goku, can we say thy that Superman is capable of hurting Goku with punches that aat Superman can dodge what Goku can dish out? or that Superman can hurt Goku more (in terms of volume)?

You're asking way too many hypothetical questions.

First of all, the actual attack was way below the size of a planet. The planet's explosion was the outcome of the attack. Furthermore, there were no nearby planets around to be affected by the explosion, since the actual explosion was only planetary. Also, if you look in the manga, Gohan was destroying the Cell Jrs (Same abilities as Cell, which had Frieza's durability cells, which are planetary) with his strikes alone. That shows that Gohan can destroy planetary durability level beings. And Vegeta, who can sense energy, stated that Goku was stronger than Gohan at the Cell games. Vegeta, having more power than Cell, hits Goku with many planetary strikes with only suffering from bruises and drawing blood. So Goku could tank Superman's planetary strikes for quite some time.

Saiyans can survive in space, there's nothing to suggest that they can stay up there forever. It would have taken forever for Goku to get to Earth by his speed alone.

I wouldn't know. Goku's energy attacks are way above planetary, but his strikes seem to be only planetary as shown in BotG and my first point (See above)

Superman is faster, no doubt about it. But Goku has a major advantage in combat: Instant Transmission.

If Goku knew that Supes was faster than him, then it's likely he would use it in combat as well. And yes, Goku and Superman are pretty much equal in terms of striking power. You see many times in Superman comics that Superman can get hurt by less than planetary punches. IE Supergirl and Wonder Woman. So Goku could do some damage to Superman. And according to @theincrediblesuperhulk8642 Superman is near light speed in terms of combat speed. So really, they'd both do some damage to each other.

Posted by heymanjack

Okay, but why are they just simple planet busting attacks? It doesn't state that it was a simple planet busting attack, just that it had enough energy to destroy Earth. Same with Cell. It never stated that the maximum output of the attack. I mean, the entire Earth was shaking from him powering up alone. So why would that be just a simple planet busting attack? Do we have proof that they were just planet busting. Are all planet busting attacks the same level of energy?

Obviously because Goku can't breathe in space. There's nothing to suggest that Goku wouldn't survive the explosion, but he's not fast enough to travel from Namek to Earth with his breath held in. Once the planet exploded, he was done. There's no way for him to get back to Earth without taking a ship, because he's not fast enough to hold his own in space and get back to Earth.

Like I said, Goku would either die by bleeding out if he was cut up, or if he died from lack of oxygen in space. Frieza would survive because he can breathe in space. I still don't get what you're trying to say.

Planet busting attacks are not simple. I'm just saying that Goku was scared of tanking planet bursting attacks (buu) that was clearly shown to only destroyed Earth. If it was any stronger, I'm sure more planets would be shown to be destroyed. The point is Goku knows he can be hurt by planet busting attacks even if it is only singular planet busting attacks as shown on dbz manga.

Now about Goku breathing in space. What is it really? In Dragonball he shown to go to outer space and be totally fine with it. In DBZ Battle of Gods it was shown that Goku was having a staring contest with billis in outer space. Bardock was seen in outer space and talking (not sure about talking, memory is sketchy at the moment)

Another question. Are physical attacks different than Ki blasts? I've seen in DBZ that (for example) Frieza no sells ki blasts that are supposedly moon bursting at most and mountain bursting at the least but then gets hurt by punches? Why is that? Are punches more powerful than Ki blasts?

Anyway, You said it yourself that Goku is not faster than light and you said that Superman's combat speed is atleast 17x FTL. At Just below lightspeed punches we can see that Superman is capable of destroying planets. Can we say that Superman is capable of hurting Goku with punches that are at the least planet bursting at that speed? And since Superman is faster than Goku, can we say that Superman can dodge what Goku can dish out? or that Superman can hurt Goku more (in terms of volume)?

Posted by LimpoyzLoan

@the_stegman: Thanks for being ignorant and not reading the blog. I said wanted to get this one out of the way for the sake of not having to talk about it in the future.

Posted by The Stegman

Seriously, get over it, it's been months.

Edited by LimpoyzLoan

@limpoyzloan said:

@heymanjack: Goku is not FTL, at least not from what we know. And he was only able to save them due to Kaio's instant transmission. He had trouble outrunning the thing as it was. That's how it's proven to be faster. Not to mention the fact that it wasn't just a simple planet busting blast, it could have been much more powerful than that. Same with Cell. When Goku blasted him away (Planet busting kamehameha) Cell had his torso blown off. However, Cell has Frieza's durability cells (Who tanked a planet exploding.) But there's no mention that it was just a planet busting attack. It had to be much more than that. Same goes for Buu's blast.

However the next page shows that only the planet got destroyed. Even Goku's dialogue after says that only the Earth got destroyed. So could that mean Goku can't tank planet bursting attacks? As I recall, Goku failed to tank a planet bursting attack from cell which caused him to die.

Another thing I noticed. During the frieza saga, while super saiyan, Goku was scared of dying from planet namek exploding, why is that? Super saiyan goku is clearly stronger and more durable than frieza which you say at your first post, can tank planet bursting attacks while at base form. Sure goku is weakened at the time but would you agree that even weakened, Super Saiyan Goku is leagues ahead of Base form frieza? The same frieza that was beat by Vegeta and Gohan who is clearly weaker than Super Saiyan Goku at the time.

Another thing. Could you attribute planet tanking durability/survivability with the genetics of Goku's opponents? Frieza while chopped up, lived. Goku if put in the same position would die. Cell and Majin Buu could regenerate lost body parts as well. Goku died when he was pierced by Piccolo's beam attack, In another timeline Goku died of a heart condition. I'm sure Cell, Buu and Frieza could live if put in the same position.

@limpoyzloan: No it isn't faster than light though very close. he can move near the speed of thought as I stated before though.

Posted by heymanjack

@heymanjack: Goku is not FTL, at least not from what we know. And he was only able to save them due to Kaio's instant transmission. He had trouble outrunning the thing as it was. That's how it's proven to be faster. Not to mention the fact that it wasn't just a simple planet busting blast, it could have been much more powerful than that. Same with Cell. When Goku blasted him away (Planet busting kamehameha) Cell had his torso blown off. However, Cell has Frieza's durability cells (Who tanked a planet exploding.) But there's no mention that it was just a planet busting attack. It had to be much more than that. Same goes for Buu's blast.

However the next page shows that only the planet got destroyed. Even Goku's dialogue after says that only the Earth got destroyed. So could that mean Goku can't tank planet bursting attacks? As I recall, Goku failed to tank a planet bursting attack from cell which caused him to die.

Another thing I noticed. During the frieza saga, while super saiyan, Goku was scared of dying from planet namek exploding, why is that? Super saiyan goku is clearly stronger and more durable than frieza which you say at your first post, can tank planet bursting attacks while at base form. Sure goku is weakened at the time but would you agree that even weakened, Super Saiyan Goku is leagues ahead of Base form frieza? The same frieza that was beat by Vegeta and Gohan who is clearly weaker than Super Saiyan Goku at the time.

Another thing. Could you attribute planet tanking durability/survivability with the genetics of Goku's opponents? Frieza while chopped up, lived. Goku if put in the same position would die. Cell and Majin Buu could regenerate lost body parts as well. Goku died when he was pierced by Piccolo's beam attack, In another timeline Goku died of a heart condition. I'm sure Cell, Buu and Frieza could live if put in the same position.

Edited by LimpoyzLoan

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Well, it was stated by Batman that was Supes' acceleration, and that was the fastest he could go not using movement speed. You said his combat speed was near the speed of light, and I thought it was higher than that.

Posted by LimpoyzLoan

@limpoyzloan: with the hammer his movement speed Thor is FTL but he doesn't have fast combat speed not that he's slow but he isn't fast either he can't blitz you. Superman is nearly as fast as the speed of thought and his combat speed is near light speed.

@wolverine08: The Magic means nothing. Superman has one shotted the entire Justice League which included Shazam and Wonder Woman easily when he was pissed. Thor is slightly more powerful while Superman is slightly stronger but a lot faster. they seem to have pretty even durability and stamina. it is one of the most even match ups between power houses.

• 99 results