50 Comments
Posted by Dr_Harlequin

@ostyo: We need another Bug's Life.

Posted by Ostyo

@joygirl: The slug was truly the hero of the film, and deserves a spin off movie of his own.

Posted by Marionettegeist

@joygirl said:

@dctv3363 said:

@joygirl: Question: Who do you hate more, Willow Smith or Jaden?

IWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTH

...Amazingly, Jayden.

For me Willow. No matter how bad an actor Jayden is, I end up just forgetting about the movies he's in. I'll never be able to forget that "song".

Posted by Joygirl

@dctv3363 said:

IWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTHIWHIPMAHHAIRBACKANDFORTH

...Amazingly, Jayden.

Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan

This movie was mediocre at best, I give it 3 out 10 on the "movies scale"

Posted by TheSpiritStalker

I love this.

Posted by InnerVenom123

What did you expect?

Edited by Joygirl

@dctv3363 said:

It looked pretty terrible in the trailers as well.

@joygirl said:

Adapted to Destroy Humans: The premise of the entire film is that mankind left Earth several thousand years ago (and don't even have cool phones, so much for technological development) – during the time we were gone, all of Earth has adapted to kill humans.

Huh, and here I was giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming that would be explained in more detail in the movie. They don't even give some kind of half-a**ed explanation or anything?

1/10th-assed.

It looked pretty terrible in the trailers as well.

@joygirl said:

Adapted to Destroy Humans: The premise of the entire film is that mankind left Earth several thousand years ago (and don't even have cool phones, so much for technological development) – during the time we were gone, all of Earth has adapted to kill humans.

Huh, and here I was giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming that would be explained in more detail in the movie. They don't even give some kind of half-a**ed explanation or anything?

Posted by Joygirl

@dr_harlequin: I'd give it a 1.

I haven't seen every film of the year but I'd say it's a strong contender.

Also haven't seen every Shyamalan movie but have seen a good few, this is the worst so far.

Posted by Dr_Harlequin

Out of 10 what would you give this film? Is this the worst film of the year so far? Is this the worst M. Night Shyamalan movie so far?

Posted by Cassius_Knightfall

lol Sounds truely aweful glad i missed it now

Edited by JetiiMitra

Saw this movie for the first time last week... about as I expected. It existed and I'll forget about it sometime.

Gotta love that Honest Trailer though.

Posted by Dr_Harlequin

I can't wait for the sequel.

Posted by Joygirl

*nudge*

Posted by Dragonborn_CT

@joygirl said:

@dragonborn_ct: Though now I feel insecure because I think it was funnier than my review. O_O

Nah, don't worry. Every review that spared us from watching that piece of crap is worthy it in their own way. Also there is no comparing a written review to a video :P

@dragonborn_ct said:

I just discovered this. You know a movie is awful when the narrator rage quits half way through the parody trailer. Watch and laugh.

Now there's definitely 0% chance that I will watch this movie.

1 1/2 hours of my life I wont waste, yay!

A big salute to everyone that sacrificed themselves to watch that cinematic disaster so that we wouldn't have to.

Posted by WillPayton

I just discovered this. You know a movie is awful when the narrator rage quits half way through the parody trailer. Watch and laugh.

Now there's definitely 0% chance that I will watch this movie.

1 1/2 hours of my life I wont waste, yay!

Posted by Joygirl

@dragonborn_ct: Though now I feel insecure because I think it was funnier than my review. O_O

Edited by Dragonborn_CT

@joygirl: You are welcome :) *brofist*

Posted by Joygirl

@willpayton: Oblivion was for me, on a scale of 1 to 10, around a 5. After Earth was a 1.9 or so.

@dragonborn_ct: OMG. YES. AHAHAHAHAHAHA. EXCELLENT. :D

Posted by WillPayton

@joygirl: How does it compare to Oblivion?

I saw Oblivion and actually liked it ok. It's not great, but decent. This one sounds really bad.

Edited by AllStarSuperman

Jayden Smith: I hate this little bastard. He is utterly without worth as an actor

good! He is the ass that ruined the Karate Kid.

Posted by Cezar_TheScribe

There will be nothing after earth dies.

Then again, I am not an Atheist.

Edited by Dragonborn_CT

Posted by drgnx

Dayamn!!!!

This review made me laugh, cry, and cheer and sneer!

More excitement than I got from the movie!

Adapted to Destroy Humans:

So why did that bird save him?

Jayden Smith: I hate this little bastard. He is utterly without worth as an actor

Best line!!!!

Posted by jointron33
Edited by YoungJustice

Yesssssss on the Jayden Smith part.

Edited by tomdickharry1984

oh damn i woz going to see this tonight.....may hava rethink

Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Oh come on! Shyamalan's only truly bad film was the Last Airbender (Haven't seen After Earth yet) Leave the man alone!

Edited by Web_Flotsam

The Ursa are such bad predators that humans use swords instead of guns just to make things fair.

Posted by Jorgevy

the only thing I ever liked that Shamalaban did was Unbreakable. everything else... eh...

and Last Airbender... man... I dont need to say anything about that one.....

Posted by russellmania77

Smells like hater

Posted by jointron33

M. Night is the literal movie equivalent of liefeld, Bay is the figurative one

Posted by ARMIV2

@armiv2: He has an Unbreakable Sixth Sense that does not allow him to see the Signs.

Sad how he's not Wide Awake to The Happening that is everyone Praying with Anger that he stops making movies that suck.

Posted by jointron33

@armiv2: He has an Unbreakable Sixth Sense that does not allow him to see the Signs.

Posted by ARMIV2
Posted by jointron33

@armiv2: Classes in what? Not failing at life?

Edited by ARMIV2

That glove-less thing still really, really, really bugs me. Shyamalan needs to take some classes.

Posted by jointron33

I almost want to watch just to see how bad it is.

Edited by TheAcidSkull

Wow.

Posted by Cybrilious4

@dragonborn_ct: I knew the film was going to be cheesy, poorly written, and super choppy, when I saw his name.

We needed Guillermo del Torro directing that film!

Posted by lykopis

LOL -- awesome review, you had me laughing the entire way through. I will take a pass on this movie -- thanks for the head's up.

Posted by Dragonborn_CT

The Last Airbender was the nail in the coffin in his career. This movie is him turning into a zombie and trying to get out of his grave.

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

Shame. Shyamalan is my all-time favorite director. Whatever, I'll still probably get it when it comes out.

Really? what movies has he done that make him worthy of being your all-time favorite director? Sure the Sixth Sense and Signs were good but for me they were only good during the first viewing because of the Shyamalan plot twists, once I knew the endings the movies became extremely boring. Then he ruined The Last Airbender to the point where it's critically known as one of the worst movies of all time.

I'll tell you what (Apart from Sixth Sense and Signs, which you're right were both amazing). The Village, which was an extremely intelligent, emotional and well acted film that should've won Bruce Dallas Howard an Oscar, Unbreakable which is one of the smartest and most emotionally resonating superhero films I've ever seen with one of the BEST endings in cinematic history, and yes, even The Happening, which was a great tribute to 50's B-Sci-Fi movies with a twist I actually really liked and some pretty interesting character studies.

Edited by danhimself

Shame. Shyamalan is my all-time favorite director. Whatever, I'll still probably get it when it comes out.

Really? what movies has he done that make him worthy of being your all-time favorite director? Sure the Sixth Sense and Signs were good but for me they were only good during the first viewing because of the Shyamalan plot twists, once I knew the endings the movies became extremely boring. Then he ruined The Last Airbender to the point where it's critically known as one of the worst movies of all time.

Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones

oooooh yea, this movie did happen didn't it

The moment I saw M Nigh- I lost interest while watching the trailer, good review though.

Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf

I forgot this movie even existed honestly...

Edited by laflux

M.N Who? I erased a man by that name after the events of the last airbender.