10 Comments
Posted by eldestrisk

I'm glad to see Chuck Austen there and you can't go wrong with double Hickman.

Edited by time

@john_valentine: I like Bendis more. I think the X-titles are much better now. Most of the titles are pretty good. Back then the only titles that were really good were the X-force titles. I mean I like some Stories from X-Men Legacy, X-23 series and Wolverine Origins and X-Factor, but not all of stories from those titles were really good. I think the writing now is much better.

Edited by John Valentine

@time said:

@john_valentine: Maybe he does better on Solo titles. Then we had Kieran Gillian came along on Uncanny X-Men and series was boring. I like the line-up, but the stories were boring. I only like his Last three issues of Avengers vs X-Men and his last story.

He probably does, but I've heard mixed things on his Iron Man.

I liked Kieron Gillen's Uncanny X-Men - it was solid, prefer it to Bendis'.

Edited by time

@john_valentine: Maybe he does better on Solo titles. Then we had Kieran Gillian came along on Uncanny X-Men and series was boring. I like the line-up, but the stories were boring. I only like his Last three issues of Avengers vs X-Men and his last story.

Posted by John Valentine

@jya666 said:

@time: I liked it when he wrote Uncanny X-Men, it was not bad.

Fraction's a great writer, but I don't think his X-Men was that good. he has some nice ideas but awful characterisation.

He's great on Iron Fist and Hawkeye, however, really great.

Posted by time

@jya666 said:

Nah, I though it was terrible.

He turned Cyclops into a Jerk

Emma Frost into some sort of sex toy

Turn Magneto into Cyclops little lap-dog, Magneto was on Kneels hailing Cyclops as Caesar

Turn Wolverine into a weirdo. Keeping a lock of Jean Grey hair.

Then he made Namor join the X-Men and his only purpose was to get into Emma Frost snickers

He was terrible. He has the worst run in X-Men history.

Posted by Jya666

Posted by time

The only one I would exclude is Matt Fraction, hate that man.

Posted by Jya666
Posted by time

Some good writers in there, I have to create my list too.