44 Comments
Posted by w0nd

Sadly he cannot fly without it.

and he over uses it. I want him to just pummel people without it from time to time but that's okay it's like his signature. I want to see him do things like make it rain down fire and such again

Posted by Saren

WIKI ENTRIES!!1!! LOL SCHOOLED GO AWAY SPERMAN FANBOIS SMH ROFLAMO SMH

But seriously, who tried to argue all of Thor's powers come from Mjolnir, and why did you feel the need to create an entire thread about something so mundane rather than simply correcting that person in a single post?

Posted by jumpstart55

I cant imagine anybody who calls themselves a comic fan thinking Thor gets his powers from Mjolnir. If you call yourself a comic fan and you think this, you should start rethinking your hobby.

Posted by SOG7dc

@kgb725:

I have to disagree. ill do some more research on it though

Posted by kgb725

@sog7dc: probably familiarity and he has had it for a long time

Posted by SOG7dc

@kgb725:

so whats the point? why did he want it so badly?

Posted by kgb725

@sog7dc: it doesnt do anything like that the hammer is just a tool and thor said so himself

Posted by toptom

well..most of the powers thor has come from his hammer, but he is still strong even without it.

Posted by Lvenger

I can tell that your duration on Comic Vine will be long, fruitful, and full of meaningful, respectful debate.

It hasn't for the time he has been on here in the past :P

Posted by SandMan_

http://i.imgur.com/pRJfgXW.gif

Posted by KnightRise

I can tell that your duration on Comic Vine will be long, fruitful, and full of meaningful, respectful debate.

Posted by sommyt

@end_boss: well unfortunately unlike u Alot of people don't understand that enchantment

Edited by End_Boss

Well, duh. The thing says, "whosoever holds this hammer, should he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

Not the power of Mjolnir. The power of Thor.

Why does this warrant an entire thread?

Posted by CaptainLantern76

@lvenger said:

What an objectively written non biased post...

Posted by warlock360

ok

Posted by sommyt

Im not arguing who would win in afight .I just kno Syperman fanboys use tgis the most ...all im stating is that Thor is not a 1000 tonner has shown feats in the billions of tons and excess.and his powees dont come from the hammer

Posted by XImpossibruX

@lvenger said:

Posted by warlock360

@sommyt: Compared to the classic Thor versions todays writings of him are occasionally inconsistent. While he did fight against Hulk for an issue (which he lost, at the same time, and in a cross over), he lifted the world snake aswell which... if you compare, makes the fight with Hulk kind of seem weird. (by definition, 1/3rd of earths weight losing to a 100tonner+)

Similiar situation for Superman, though he gets the benefit of doubt through the crisises which nerfed him.
Thor has natural abilities, that are amped through his hammer and it increases them.

In a fight between Superman and Thor, it all depends on which era and how they were written. Current Thor vs Current Superman though i have no idea as i did not follow New 52 Superman.

@awesam said:

Superman destroys him regardless.

Posted by MonsterStomp

*Jab*

Posted by AweSam

Superman destroys him regardless.

Posted by novi_homines

@perezite said:

@novi_homines said:

Lol at the caps lock. But yeah. Supes can beat thor. And thor can definitely beat supes as well.

One more than the other (the one that wears a red cape).

Definitely, =P

Posted by Decoy Elite

@sommyt: Commendable effort here trying to be informative but there's some problems.

1. There is no need for the all caps.

2. There is no reason to bring Superman or his fans into this as it's possible for anyone who hasn't read Thor to be unaware of how his powers work.

3. There is no need to insult others when trying to explain what you feel is a common misconception.

Remember, if you want to present an argument being calm and concise is key to making sure you come across well. :)

Posted by redhood21

superman is more than likely considered worthy to wield it...thor wouldnt need to be mortal to get hammered....TEEHHEEEEHHEEEHEEE

Posted by Lvenger

Posted by TheManInTheShoe

Ugh, anyone already heard this discussion on Big Bang Theory?

Edited by JediXMan

Oh, there most certainly is a fanboy here...

Moderator Online
Posted by SOG7dc

Doesn't mjolnir increase his power though? I mean if it's just for focus why is it such a big deal? I know Thor Is still really powerful without it but obviously the hammer does something in the way of increasing his strength

Edited by Perezite

Lol at the caps lock. But yeah. Supes can beat thor. And thor can definitely beat supes as well.

One more than the other (the one that wears a red cape).

Posted by i_like_swords
Posted by Eternal19

looks like somebody lost an argument

Posted by Fallen_Crippled

THE FIGHT CAN GO EITHER WAY!

Posted by novi_homines

Posted by lykopis

So many haters here! In any case "For Odin, For Asgard"

Posted by ccraft
Posted by evilvegeta74

So many haters here! In any case "For Odin, For Asgard"

Edited by Kal'smahboi

smh

Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones

Superman can beat Thor

Posted by Dernman

This is the first time I ever heard of specifically Superman fanboys saying this and not just the average person who doesn't know Thor very well. Should probably realize that instead of calling out like that.

Posted by comicace3

@sommyt: Welcome to comicvine.... and yeah

The Hammer is more for focus than anything else.

exactly what he said.

Posted by SoA

meh.

Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic

EVERYONE WITH COMMON SENSE KNOWS THAT, MR. CAPS LOCK.

Edited by Jonny_Anonymous
Posted by ccraft

Whose Thor?

Posted by joshmightbe

The Hammer is more for focus than anything else.