23 Comments
Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

@sagejonathan: He's definitely one of my favourite artists right now next to Ivan Reis, Jim Lee, Mark Bagley and Bryan Hitch.

Posted by sagejonathan

@sagejonathan said:

Having read Simonson's run on Thor (met him and got my omnibus signed too) I enjoy Aaron's run more because it is modern, fresh and epic. Simonson's run, although very wordy and not as good looking, established Thor and has the greatest epics of the character. So even if I enjoy Aaron's run more, I have some doubt that he can do what Simonson was able to, but Aaron has definitely resurrected that classic spirit from the Simonson books.

I agree completely. Also Esad Ribic is the best Thor artist since Olivier Coipel

He's my favorite artist at the moment. I can't wait to get some books signed by him at NYCC.

Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Having read Simonson's run on Thor (met him and got my omnibus signed too) I enjoy Aaron's run more because it is modern, fresh and epic. Simonson's run, although very wordy and not as good looking, established Thor and has the greatest epics of the character. So even if I enjoy Aaron's run more, I have some doubt that he can do what Simonson was able to, but Aaron has definitely resurrected that classic spirit from the Simonson books.

I agree completely. Also Esad Ribic is the best Thor artist since Olivier Coipel

Posted by sagejonathan

@flazam: Sure go for it. just to let you know though some series i'm just following in trades (Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Hawkeye)

Posted by flazam

@super_phil: Glad you like the list. It's a small but sweet list :)

Edited by Super_Phil

Awesome list! I am pleased to see someone enjoying guardians as much as me

@cyclops4president: I tried it I liked it but wasn't a huge fan. so I'm not pulling it monthly. I have high expectation's for Wolverine titles because of runs like Mark Millar Greg Rucka Daniel Way Chris Claremont and Jason Aaron on Wolverine. maybe in the future I will jump back on (especially with a Wolverine movie around the corner). currently reading the digital comics by Jason Aaron though Wolverine Japan I think it's called.

Edited by Cyclops4President

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: it looks like you picked up Wolverine? I read Wolverine & the X-Men which I like and a BUNCH of other X titles, but not Wolverine.

thank's :)

Posted by Raw_Material

Cool Topic Idea

@wolverine08: I'd probably just get 1 and I'd probably go with Wolverine due to it having a stable creative team and it being received pretty well while Savage Wolverine has it. plus SW is just a bunch of random arcs nothing stable which disappoints me.

Posted by Wolverine08

@cyclops4president: never really was a fan of the X-men only when I was younger I loved them due to their TV shows the closest thing i'd get to getting an X-men title would be getting a Wolverine book :)

Posted by Cyclops4President

read some of my X-Men/Uncanny X-Men reviews and hopefully I can get you to pull an X tittle :-)

@johnkmccubbin91: lol on both accounts but choosing it might depend on you're preference do you really want another book with Batman even if he's you're favourite or would you like another book with Superman or make my compromise and buy one in trades or cancel a book you don't really like or want any more :)

Posted by johnkmccubbin91

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I kind of thought you would be. I'm also happy although my wallet and brain may not (may not be able to chose between Action, and Batman/Superman).

Edited by johnkmccubbin91

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Sorry just noticed this now, although Comic Vine has covered it since so you should have seen it.

Also where did you hear that Johns is leaving JLA as I thought he was staying on that for a while.

@johnkmccubbin91 thanks for the compliment and where did you find out it's Greg Pak and Aaron Kuder that's amazing news i'm gonna have to pull it now bro send me a link this is too awesome for words man

Posted by johnkmccubbin91

The next creative team after Lobdell on Action will be Greg Pak, and Aaron Kuder (did issue 20 of Superman). Also, nice list.