27 Comments
Posted by ULTRAstarkiller

When they first came out with details they said Batman would throw a guy into a tree. He learned not to be too rough cause the guy passed out be for he could get information out of him. And great article

Posted by SideburnGuru

I thought when he dropped him, the way he did it look like he impaled him onto the tree.

Great responses though. The problem with the Conroy, Hamil argument is.. they won't be around forever. These people need to start accepting change. I don't like the thought of it, but Hamil's amazing Joker can only be around for so long.

People should give these new voice actors a chance. I think they both did great in the trailer.

Edited by The Lobster

@sideburnguru: Thanks, and I agree. It's not like we haven't had other voices of Batman or Joker that weren't great. Bruce Greenwood and Joe DiMaggio come to mind almost instantly. Roger Smith sounds amazing as Batman, and Troy Baker is just an amazing voice actor in general.

@ultrastarkiller: I didn't know they've already brought that up, thanks.

Posted by Kangaxx_54

Very good article. I too prefer to be optimistic. It might not be Rocksteady, but as I see it, the core engine is already very good, from Asylum and City, and I definitely wouldn't mind a game with the exact same gameplay as City. I love that game.

Posted by The Lobster

Very good article. I too prefer to be optimistic. It might not be Rocksteady, but as I see it, the core engine is already very good, from Asylum and City, and I definitely wouldn't mind a game with the exact same gameplay as City. I love that game.

Thank you, the only thing I'm worried about is the story. For instance, the grapnel boost is in the game (even though it was still a prototype in Arkham City)....hopefully they explain that. For instance, maybe after being used a certain amount of times in a row it jams up. Which would explain why Bruce gives it to Lucius to repair and fix.

Posted by entropy_aegis

I honestly think the story here is better,the premise is rather basic but the possibilities and twists should be fun.AC though had a lousy,predictable plot.

Posted by RustyRoy

Great article man, I agree with all the things you said. As for story, I think they can pull it off, its a interesting and a logical premise, I'd like to see how it plays out. And lastly the gameplay do look similar to the previous games but that actually is the logical thing to do, this is Batman from the Arkhamverse, he'll have the same moves from the other games not to mention there are some nice additional moves. I think there will more different types of moves, as you said its too early to judge.

Posted by Weddep

This video put to rest any doubts I had about the game. It looks great, and the voice actors are top notch. WB Montreal is taking this series very seriously and staying true to everything that Rocksteady has put in place. Also, they are using the same engine for this game than Arkham City, so the graphics are going to be the same if not better.

Posted by Jonny_Anonymous

@the_lobster_: my biggest argument is that the only thing WB Games has made is the Wii version of Arkham City and it was terrible

Edited by TakeLuutzen

I totally agreed with @the_lobster_ and i would love to play with the Azrael-Batman and the Adam West skins!!!

Posted by PunyParker

Its gonna be a GREAT game....even better than Arkham City! RELAX!
Remember,a year ago we had rumours about a Silver Age Batman with smilies and happy fluffy blue capes......

Posted by TakeLuutzen

And even if is does turn out to suck? Wouldn't you play an action game where you get to be Batman? Honestly, the story of a game must be good, but when you play a game, most of the stuff that you control the character are action based. You couldn't influence the story...

Posted by GeekyEverAfter

Thanks for clearing things up! I watched the trailer yesterday and when I got done I read some of the comments and it wasn't good. There were so many complaints and negative reviews over a game that hasn't even came out yet, like seriously e.O? I personally think this game is going to be awesome and enjoyable to play.

Edited by PunyParker

@takeluutzen: Guys!!
Based from what you've seen how can it suck!?!?!?!! the gameplay is (too) similar to AA and AC!!...thats great!!
They just added more cooler things!

Posted by Xeno_Seeker

wow i had no idea that origins even needed defending. before i played asylum the best superhero game i had ever played was definitely the old spiderman game. arkham asylum was amazing. and when arkham city came out the totally blew the original out of the water. they kept alot of the original ideas but not only that they improved upon them. my ONLY gripe with arkham city was that i couldn't throw three batarangs at once like a could in asylum. WOW BIG DEAL. these games are great, whenever i play this game on hard it is HARD. i really feel like i am batman myself. it would be cool if i could play as robin/nightwing in some part of the campaign (or atleast give him some more screentime) but overall i have complete trust in these guys and i look forward to the next arkham game.

Posted by TakeLuutzen

@punyparker: I was speaking for other people.
i've pre-ordered it already! Everything Batman-related is a must-have!

Posted by PunyParker

@punyparker:

I was speaking for other people.

i've pre-ordered it already! Everything Batman-related is a must-have!

*cough*Batman&Robin*cough* !!

Posted by TakeLuutzen
Posted by TakeLuutzen

half hour gameplay footage!!

Posted by The Lobster

half hour gameplay footage!!

This just further proves my point that Troy Baker and Roger Craig Smith are going to be great replacements for Hamill and Conroy

Edited by gotwillpower

I don't know if I like Roger Craig Smith's Batman that much, but Troy Baker sounded good.

Posted by FatihBATMAN

I like the Batman voice man! good enough!! <3

Edited by impossibilly

Does anyone need to defend this game? The first two were awesome!

What's next? Defending Miguel Cabrera?

Posted by The Lobster

Does anyone need to defend this game? The first two were awesome!

What's next? Defending Miguel Cabrera?

Well there are still a few debby downers out there who think this game will be bad. Mostly on IMDB, Facebook, and Youtube. That's what this post was. I took all of the common complaints I've heard from those websites, and presented a counter-argument in case any of those same users had an account on here, or in some vain hope this blog spreads to other websites.

Posted by Durakken

Bane and Anarky being in the game isn't right...

Posted by Jayc1324

Didnt batman let those guys in the shack thingy die in the trailer with him fighting deathstroke? I mean it blew up and they were all still inside. Not that there's anything batman could've done to save them. But I've already preordered this game and I'm hopeful, it looks great.

Posted by SoA