8 Comments
Edited by oldnightcrawler

@rabbitearsblog: This story is great!

It's actually the only X-men story from the 70's that I consider essential reading (though Giant Size X-men #1 and Kitty's first appearance in UXM#129 & 130 are definitely worth checking out), not because it's the only good story from that era, but it's certainly the best example of what made the X-men both thematically and stylistically distinct.

Edited by Rabbitearsblog

@rabbitearsblog: This story is great!

It's actually the only X-men story from the 70's that I consider essential reading (though Giant Size X-men #1 and Kitty's first appearance in UXM#129 & 130 are definitely worth checking out), not because it's the only good story from that era, but it's certainly the best example of what made the X-men both thematically and stylistically distinct.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot about Kitty's first appearance, although I thought that it took place during the 80s. But I agree that this story really made the X-Men more distinct from the other superheroes.

Edited by oldnightcrawler

@rabbitearsblog said: I almost forgot about Kitty's first appearance, although I thought that it took place during the 80s. But I agree that this story really made the X-Men more distinct from the other superheroes.

mm, her entry in Wikipedia places her first appearance (UXM #129) as January, 1980 (one month before I was born, incidentally), but I could have sworn I read that this issue actually came out late in '79. Either way, she's still very much a child of the 80's I suppose.

Posted by Rabbitearsblog

@rabbitearsblog said: I almost forgot about Kitty's first appearance, although I thought that it took place during the 80s. But I agree that this story really made the X-Men more distinct from the other superheroes.

mm, her entry in Wikipedia places her first appearance (UXM #129) as January, 1980 (one month before I was born, incidentally), but I could have sworn I read that this issue actually came out late in '79. Either way, she's still very much a child of the 80's I suppose.

I agree. I usually do associate her more with the 80s than the 70s.

Posted by papad1992

@rabbitearsblog: I have this story on my wish list on Amazon... forgot about it!! :P

Great review... I, personally, enjoy more of the classic stories, like many other true X-Men fans. Great pick.

Edited by Rabbitearsblog

@rabbitearsblog: I have this story on my wish list on Amazon... forgot about it!! :P

Great review... I, personally, enjoy more of the classic stories, like many other true X-Men fans. Great pick.

Thanks!!! I really love the classic X-Men stories better also!

Edited by papad1992

@papad1992 said:

They're more fulfilling!!

Posted by Rabbitearsblog

@rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

They're more fulfilling!!

Agree!!!