12 Comments
Posted by knighthood

Awesome work. I might have overlooked these, but howzabout...

Talisman from Shaman

Vindicator from Guardian

Persuasion from Purple Man

Posted by fodigg

@knighthood: Good suggestions! I had Vindicator but I'll add the others, thanks!

Posted by The Mighty Monarch

Sir Ystin is transgender, female in body only.

Edited by fodigg

@The Mighty Monarch said:

Sir Ystin is transgender, female in body only.

I'm pretty sure he revealed that she was a hermaphrodite--male and female at once--in one of the more recent issues of Demon Knights.

@fodigg: Either way Shining Knight clearly prefers to be treated and referred to as male.

Edited by fodigg

@The Mighty Monarch said:

@fodigg: Either way Shining Knight clearly prefers to be treated and referred to as male.

It raises a some good questions on gender identity certainly:

• Does male-to-hermaphrodite constitute a "gender swap"?
  • Should trans characters be listed by their self-identification or by their physicality?

I'm going to leave him on this list because tracking characters by cis vs. trans perspectives could potentially make it a lot harder to maintain, however, I think it's good these comments stand as a clarification about the issue and on his inclusion.

@fodigg: I mainly stuck my nose in here because not only am I a huge fan of the character, but I have two close friends who are fans partially because they themselves are transgender, and FTM to boot.

I also wonder if, just maybe, since back then there'd be next to no awareness of the issue, he's just referring to being born physically a woman, but mentally a man. That being of both natures is his way of saying he is a man, but in a woman's body. MAYBE. But I'm speculating at straws on that point.

Posted by dokkoidah

Speaking of:

Born a man,

Reborn a woman.

Sort of.

http://www.comicvine.com/mantra/4005-14087/

I enjoyed the comic while it lasted. ^^ Shame Marvel isn't doing anything with her.

Posted by fodigg
Posted by PCN24454

Wiccan's costume is actually based off of Thor's.

Posted by LenSnart

super woman shouldn't really be there

Edited by fodigg

@lensnart said:

super woman shouldn't really be there

Why's that? I'd say she's exactly the type of character I had in mind when I made this list.

EDIT: Wait, I just realized you probably meant the Earth-3 version, which is basically an evil Wonder Woman, which is a legit argument. My issue is that there are a number of other 'Superwomans', none of which are listed as such on CV:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superwoman

However, I bet I can list them individually.

EDIT 2: I listed the 3 "central continuity" Superwomen individually, but still couldn't find a listing for the genderswapped "Earth 11" version, so, I changed the Superwoman listing to "Earth 11, NOT Earth 3". Hopefully that's clear enough. Thanks for pointing the issue out!