35 Comments
Posted by Tolliver_Trask

Haha, that might as well be a list of my favorite characters of all time.  I'm really into the obscure, silly people.    I love Boomslang, Reignfire, everyone from the Mutant Liberation Front, Roughouse, Rocket Racer, and I'm the Whizzer's biggest fan.

Posted by Shoe

as do I, as do I.  It's hard to believe some of these guys see print.  Some I do actually hate though.  Nobody loves NFL SUperpro
Posted by Leliel

@Tolliver_Trask:Ya I feel the same way for obscure character I sort of love them for how different they are

Posted by Daffodil

Jeez, there are so many good characters on this list. I'd hate to know who you actually like.

Posted by CBCD_on_Facebook

A lot of these characters are currently dead already.

And I like the Elders of the Universe, just think they can be handled better.

Posted by lotusfield

Obscure character rules.

Posted by infonation

@Shoe: I'm sorry, but I can't love this list, some of these characters I hate more than YOU, but MOST of them just need to take a level in badassery! The PORTRAYL of them is what's REALLY flawed not the characters themselves! (Okay, so that's NOT he case with ALL of them, but MOST of them just get messed up by bad writing!... Except for NFL Superpro, the only reason he even EXISTS is because Fabian Niechaza was offered free Football Tickets if he created him... Ugh...)

Edited by Shoe

@infonation said:

@Shoe: I'm sorry, but I can't love this list, some of these characters I hate more than YOU, but MOST of them just need to take a level in badassery! The PORTRAYL of them is what's REALLY flawed not the characters themselves! (Okay, so that's NOT he case with ALL of them, but MOST of them just get messed up by bad writing!... Except for NFL Superpro, the only reason he even EXISTS is because Fabian Niechaza was offered free Football Tickets if he created him... Ugh...)

I never claimed to HATE any of these characters, on the contrary I think they are super hilarious. All the more reason I collect them. On the other hand, NFL Superpro is pretty much the stupidest piece of Crap ever!

Posted by mightiness

Great list.

Posted by Cervantes

Mud Butt ROFL! Great, very comprehensive list!

Posted by Shoe

Thanks

Posted by HombreMan

Peepers can be such a great character if they redesigned him and changd his name into The Basilisk or Evil-Eye, the same with Aqueduct, if Marvel transforms him into Tsunami or Ocean

Posted by Shoe

@HombreMan: that's the case with a lot of these characters. They are only terrible because of terrible design/writing or both. Marvel has already proven that they can take crappy characters of old and make them awesome.

Posted by tamabone

Just remember, at one time all of these characters were a good idea.  And some of them coud be again.
Posted by rum1929

I truly love obscure characters especially the villains no matter how lame they may be to some. In fact, most of my wiki points come from work on a lot of these characters on your list. Some of my favorite B-Z characters are from the Night Shift and Serpent Society.

Posted by Freakyfred224

I like Will-O-the-Wisp!

Posted by Freakyfred224

In fact, I like most of these characters! Shame on you!

Edited by Shoe

@Freakyfred224:

@Shoe Said:

I never claimed to HATE any of these characters, on the contrary I think they are super hilarious. All the more reason I collect them. On the other hand, NFL Superpro is pretty much the stupidest piece of Crap ever!

Posted by GR2Blackout

Agree with most of it. I kinda like Boomerang a little, but his suit over the years has just SUCKED! Why cant he be one of those guys who has no suit and therefore just goes running around in a hoody and jeans.

Posted by Freakyfred224

I see. I agree with you about NFL Superpro. How did he last 12 issues?!

Posted by IIayK

cool name =D

Posted by Shoe

@IIayK: Thanks!

Posted by KillerZ
Posted by Shoe

Did not deliberately add destroyer duck...odd

Posted by CBCD_on_Facebook

I have feature a few of these characters as my Character of the Day

Posted by KeliaC

cant say I agree with everyone being on that list but I do think its important to have second rate loser characters waiting in the wings to get defeated because if you only had cool villains the heroes would have to defeat them more often and ruin their cool factor

Edited by PCN24454

You have a long hate list.

Edited by Cezar_TheScribe

I usually like characters other people don't like.

Edited by Shoe

@pcn24454: If you read above, I mention that I don't necessarily hate any of these characters, they are just REALLY STUPID and funny.

Except NFL Superpro...I hate that guy

Posted by sodapop1850

I've got some more to add. SWARM, IMPY THE IMPOSSIBLE MAN, SPIDER-BOY (member of the MISFITS you can through the whole team in there as an entry too), THE MID WEST AVENGERS (the team and every individual member).

That is all.

Posted by SoopaCoop16

All Marvel characters are stupid just so you know

Posted by HeraldofGanthet

@shoe:

I've never heard of a half of these characters, but this is a great list. I do have a couple of notes though:

1. I'm unfamiliar with Sundown, but based on his powerset this guy could be a teambusting beast in the hands of the right writer. The fact that he is "at large" in the Marvel Universe means that this guy could show up at anytime and wreak havoc. Only time will tell...
  2. Reignfire to me was always Marvel's attempt at a "Black Zero"-type of character. You know, to show us what Sunspot's power output could potentially be if he went all out in a bloodlusted-type of circumstance. Here's to seeing if he (Sunspot) gains this level of power while remaining on the side of the angels...
  3. Battlestar is actually a decent (if not criminally underused) character. He's about as strong as Spider-Man and is a very good h2h combatant. But I'm with you in saying that he REALLY needs a new costume and perhaps an Avengers membership to up his profile. IMO. And last but not least...
  4. Captain Ultra. Okay, I'll give props to the artist that modified his remarkably ugly original costume to a more Marvel Cinematic Universe-style version in the pic you chose. But it's still butt ugly. The problem is, his powers are actually pretty sweet. If he'd leave the wisecracks to Spider-Man, and got a new tailor, he could be an awesome upper-level street level character.

All in all though, great list because most of these guys are complete losers!;)

Posted by Twix_Right_Side

I don't agree with much of this list (Morlun)

Posted by EganTheVile1

Voting down this list because I get the impression you have no real idea who half these characters are, if Charnel made this list, you clearly never read Death's Head II, Death 3, or Dark Guard.