5 Comments
Posted by Mr.Q
Frankenstein. one of my favorite stories. possibly the only good thing that came from "The Year With Out A Summer".
Posted by cbishop

I'd like to see more on this list before recommending it, but very cool start.  The actual Frankenstein novel was pretty cool.  I read it as a teenager and parted with the book along the way.  I later found it again, as part of an omnibus paperback that also had Dracula and Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde in it.  I was shocked at how short Jekyll & Hyde was.

Posted by kuonphobos

@Mr.Q: certainly the greatest thing from that event was Mary's tale but Dr. Polidori's cheeky attempt to cast aspersion upon Lord Byron via the Vampyre has had it's own ripples through literary and pop-culture history.....

Posted by kuonphobos

Let me look into some info for Lord Ruthven for this list if you like. Perhaps I can attempt to create a page as there was at least one appearance of the character in one of the classic black and white mags of the 70's to my recollect. BTW I really like this list and others of it's ilk.

Posted by Mr.Q
@kuonphobos: and then it became tiresome which led to the undead's undignified literary Twilight.