7 Comments
Posted by cbishop

(to be edited in relation to this list)

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

Your nro. 1 choice is awesome.

MARVEL didn`t kill Kraven off. J.M.Dematteis did.

I think that Kravens death is fitting. Frankly, I guess that when all the stories that can be told with a character, have been told, the character should be annihilated. If decades after, someone wants to make a story about the character, it should be a story of the past. Or some other gimmick should be used. But the character shouldn`t come back temporarily.

Then they brought Kraven back. Which is why I Didn`t like Grim hunt.

Posted by cbishop

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

Your nro. 1 choice is awesome.

MARVEL didn`t kill Kraven off. J.M.Dematteis did.

I think that Kravens death is fitting. Frankly, I guess that when all the stories that can be told with a character, have been told, the character should be annihilated. If decades after, someone wants to make a story about the character, it should be a story of the past. Or some other gimmick should be used. But the character shouldn`t come back temporarily.

Then they brought Kraven back. Which is why I Didn`t like Grim hunt.

My preference is generational continuity and actions with consequences, so I agree that if they were going to kill Kraven, they should have made it permanent.

However, I'm really starting to look at Marvel & DC in a different light. These characters are corporate owned, money making, merchandising icons. My opinion is shifting where they are concerned, that it should be great stories without concern for continuity. Basically: something like a Saturday morning cartoon, but with better story and art. And no character should die, because their purpose is to make money for the corporation. So keep churning out great stories and great merchandise, and let them live forever.

<shrugs> I wouldn't want to see that everywhere, but I'm starting to think that's the best route for DC & Marvel. The reboots (or "not a reboot," over at Marvel) are getting old. How many new versions of a character can you do, before it isn't the same character anymore? I'd say about New 52 of 'em. o.O

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

I, one the other hand, would like more creqtors to take the this-is-meant-to-be-art-approach. Which is to make as great stories as possible, no matter how long it takes. Wont have to take long though. It can also be a lightning of inspiration, striking at the creator. And, the comic that is produced, thusly, can be different from others (how "revolutionizing").

Actually, I do. I know that this whole charade, with the same characters has gone on for too long. I think that they should stop making stories of them, if they can`t make anything ACTUALLY new, or at least newish. It is, of course, partly because I didn`t grow with these characters. But, it can`t be. I grew up with Disney duck characters, like many Americans did with Spidey, Captain America, Flash and whoevers. And I think that the same should be done with Donald and others.

I`m not saying, kill them off. I`m saying, preserve them, till you have fantastic ideas that you can use with these characters. And, even right now, there are those creators. Whether they`d be too young to be published yet, or whether they are and they`d really want to write a published story for, say, Squirrel girl. But they just can`t. I mean, Stephen King has an idea for a Spider-man story that would rock, and MARVEL doesn`t ask them to do it (King wrote the idea to an afterword of Dark towers-comic). Maybe they don`t know that though. Which would be weird, given that MARVEL published that Dark towers-comic.

So...yeah. I guess I made my point clear already.

Also, I still think that Kravens last hunt shouldn`t have had ended in any other way.

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

You really thought this list trough. Unlike I did my three lists of my faf characters. Then again, I consider all the characters I like my faf ones. And that`s thousands of `em.

Posted by cbishop

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

...So...yeah. I guess I made my point clear already.

Also, I still think that Kravens last hunt shouldn`t have had ended in any other way.

You did. And I think "Kraven's Last Hunt" shouldn't have been written. Much like The Death of Superman, it's something that should be left to the readers' imaginations. Especially when it can be (and was) undone. That's the great thing about comics though - everyone likes something different.

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

You really thought this list trough. Unlike I did my three lists of my faf characters. Then again, I consider all the characters I like my faf ones. And that`s thousands of `em.

Honestly, this list is in no particular order, and it came about because I used to have lists trying to track guest appearances for each of them. I decided to delete all those, because appearances are already tracked in the wiki, and just went with this list we're talking about now - just telling what I like about each character, and leaving it at that. I could definitely add many more characters to this list, but for now, this will suffice.

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k

You still thought it trough more than I did.