8 Comments
Posted by Silkcuts
@Icon: Stan Lee is normally huge to those who like "Heroes" and comics as a universe. Those who studied the medium, such as myself learn how overrated he really is to his overall contributions.  You can also call Siegel and Shuster as the ones who "Started" it all, since it was their Superman that started Superheroes. 
Posted by Icon
@Silkcuts: Interesting point, and a good one. I ought to acknowledge them as well.
Posted by Silkcuts

I so was about to recommend this until I saw Stan Lee love, but no Jack Kirby Love or Ditko. The artist in the Marvel Method are the real writers if you ask me.

Posted by daredevil21134
@Icon said:
"@daredevil21134: Totally. I came into DD later though as I wasn't even alive when Miller was doing his initial work on the series (I have his run in trades). I do love it, but my favourite creator runs on the series are actually from Bendis and Brubaker. Their work would NOT be what it is if not for Miller paving the way of course, but theirs are my favourite nonetheless.   For me Frank Miller's Daredevil work is like a gem that I got to discover the more I read past issues of Daredevil, along with Kesel's and Nocenti's stuff. And I totally respect that for many fans it was Miller who got them into DD in the first place, but he wasn't for me. I also think many DD fans overrate him a bit because of that.  "

I wasn't alive either during the Miller years so I know what you mean lol,I did like brubakers run and I think the Bendis run is a little overrated but i did enjoy some arcs
Edited by Icon
@daredevil21134: Totally. I came into DD later though as I wasn't even alive when Miller was doing his initial work on the series (I have his run in trades). I do love it, but my favourite creator runs on the series are actually from Bendis and Brubaker. Their work would NOT be what it is if not for Miller paving the way of course, but theirs are my favourite nonetheless.  

For me Frank Miller's Daredevil work is like a gem that I got to discover the more I read past issues of Daredevil, along with Kesel's and Nocenti's stuff. And I totally respect that for many fans it was Miller who got them into DD in the first place, but he wasn't for me. I also think many DD fans overrate him a bit because of that. 
Posted by daredevil21134
@Icon said:
"@daredevil21134: I hear you. Actually I had Frank on this list for a long time, but I haven't liked some of his more recent work (like All-Star Batman & Robin) and I just felt like replacing him with a newer favourite a while ago. Don't get me wrong though. Some of his work is genius. This list changes every so often. "

I see.I had to ask because most DD fans love him
Edited by Icon
@daredevil21134: I hear you. Actually I had Frank on this list for a long time, but I haven't liked some of his more recent work (like All-Star Batman & Robin) and I just felt like replacing him with a newer favourite a while ago. Don't get me wrong though. Some of his work is genius. This list changes every so often.
Posted by daredevil21134

No Frank Miller?