15 Comments
Posted by 604comics

I'm looking forward to X-23!

Posted by jloneblackheart

About to read Saga right now. Did you like it?

Edited by akbogert

Astro City was good, then?

I've been thinking of trying it out.

Edited by MatKrenz

@akbogert: It's still the same quality of awesome as it started with that mini series from '95. Which I read last year in trade format cause in '95 I was a 1 year old and couldn't do anything.

Posted by akbogert

@matkrenz: Ah. Is this a reboot, then, or a continuation?

I imagine the original is worth reading either way, but is it required reading?

Posted by MatKrenz

@akbogert: It's just trekking along, no reboots or anything. As Busiek writes at the end of the issue, we won't force anyone to read all the previous 60 issue's, we want the readers to do that on their own.

Posted by akbogert

@matkrenz: Well, still. When you see a "#1" on the cover of something, you want to be confident that you're not going to be lost. Curiosity about the past makes sense, but if it comes across as imperative -- that you're really missing out -- then that may not be the best thing for me. That's why I'm wondering.

Posted by MatKrenz

@akbogert: All you need to know is that Astro City is a city with superheroes and supervillains in it. And aliens and all the other stuff that make capes and tights awesome. As you read along you'll get who each hero is supposed to be an analogue to.

Posted by akbogert

@matkrenz: Well, it's been a quiet week. I supposed I can give it a shot.

On a side note, I'm surprised that Morning Glories is not on your list.

Posted by MatKrenz

@akbogert: Well Morning Glories is a series filled with mystery and intrigue that I feel would work much better in trade form. I already have one mystery series on my pull confusing the hell out of me, I don't need two.

Edited by akbogert

@matkrenz: Considering I read the entire first season in a day or two -- in trades -- I'll agree that it is much better in that way.

Posted by MatKrenz

@akbogert: Also it'll be a while before Ill read it cause DC is know reprinting Lucifer in trade and Ill be getting cause as soon as they come out. So freaking good.

Posted by akbogert

@matkrenz: Heh. Well, it's certainly not going anywhere anytime soon. With ~75 issues left to go, you have time to catch up :)

Posted by MatKrenz

@akbogert: That's a very good point. So in the meantime Ill be reading the adventure of Lucifer Morningstar, former ruler of Hell, having adventures across all sorts of magical planes and humans.

Posted by akbogert