13 Comments
Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic

Ah X Women #1 or as I call it Whores, Whores, Whores, Whores, Whores I remember my review for this one it was pure torture. Got a good list here I these books are total shit

Edited by B'Town
@The Angry Comic Book Critic:  
Your review on X-Women was right on! 
Posted by Video_Martian

ur right, both of these comics suck ass, lol

Posted by Hawkeye446

I had no idea "X-Women" was a book.. How unfortunate..
Posted by B'Town

@Hawkeye446 said:

I had no idea "X-Women" was a book.. How unfortunate..

Yeah, I bought this all excited to see my favorite X Women together, I thought it would be fun. But it was Crap. You have to realize, I like a scantily clad heroine. My problem is this book absolutely dissolved their personalities, their behavior was completely out of character.

Posted by Hawkeye446
@B'Town
Well, HELL YEAH! The X-Ladies include a lot of my favourite charcters. A book like this would certainly interest me. But as you said, it's crap, which is quite unfortunate.
Posted by Liberty

If you read any Painkiller Jane book you may have more to add.

Posted by B'Town

@Liberty said:

If you read any Painkiller Jane book you may have more to add.

I have heard Painkiller Jane sucked arse but I haven't read it which is odd considering I was one of the few fans of the show. Someday when I have nothing better to read I may pick up a book. If I do, I'll let you know what I think. First I have to get caught up on this stack of more than a hundred good books I have sitting here. :D

Posted by Hawkeye446

Haha, Red Hood makes the cut. Fantastic :D

Posted by B'Town

@Hawkeye446 said:

Haha, Red Hood makes the cut. Fantastic :D

Yep. I wanted to give the book a break and hope that in the coming issues they would redeem themselves and turn Kori into an awesome fun and sexy character once again, but I decided that even if they did, I couldn't support them based on the disregard for her character, in the first issue.

This volume of Outlaws will stay here until either a new artistic team takes over and writes Starfire with respect or the current books creators apologize profusely. We know the latter isn't going to happen. ha.ha.

Posted by Hawkeye446

@B'Town: Hmmhmm That makes sense. It's good that you know where you stand!

Haha, yes, I doubt we will see apologies from Lobdell, he'll be to busy bathing in cash. Then again, I don't think Red Hood made it to the top 20 selling books.. Maybe it did, not sure..

Guess we will have to wait and see.

Posted by lykopis

Perfectly said as to why these books suck @ass. XXX-Women was the worst... grrr

Posted by X9

Thank God someone agrees with me about the way Starfire is portrayed in this book!

I was never a fan of her. One of the reasons to that was that for me she's always been portrayed more like a sexual simbol than an interesting character. Her body comes before her personality, her atitudes concerning sex/physical contact come before her atitude concerning any other thing... but at least I felt like they could build a sensitive (not clingy, extremely dependent) a little naive (not dump, there's a limit of time one needs to take to understand basic Earth habits) character. Instead they just made that, let's say, physical side of hers become her personality.

But what annoys me most is when people say "So you don't like her because she's brazilian" or "Kory behaves/dresses up like a brazilian, she sould have stayed there instead of US/ if you don't like her you don't like brazilians" It's offensive AS HELL, people don't have a clue of how much this character is hated there due to the way she's protrayed. It's not a matter of being brazilian or not, but I know what I'm talking about: Starfire is not even popular there. From the few people who know her, 40% don't care about her and I guess 35% don't like her.