18 Comments
Posted by Gambit1024

Idk about the order, but you do have the smartest of the smart on here. I could see why you put Doom on the top, but I wouldn't say he's smarter than Reed Richards. When he was able to cure Ben, did Doom do it through magical means? 

PS, I thought Magneto was pretty intellegent too...
Edited by Blackestnight
@Gambit1024:   Doom couldn't beat Richards at Science, but he was very close.(also half his time was being devoted into the occult and fusing the two making his science better with magic.) But he best him in magic of which Richards know almost nothing. If Doom had the other three of the fantastic four on his side and could work so openly with allies like Stark enterprises, there would be no Reed Richards. If you read the Doom books, his origin story was very little to do with Richards and more to do with defeating a demon that took his mother, it's a lot like the Dr. Strange origin story.  The Army picked Doom first as a child and then Richards. Doom was pissed at Richards for looking over his work, and was then thrown out for his activities,(attacking the base with doom bots) Richards however went on with the best schooling and resources, with some of Doom's work and entered the space program which ultimately grants him his powers. He could never cure Ben however but Doom could. Doom's made a time machine, Richards can travel to other dimensions,  I give it to Richards in bio-chem and Doom on nanno tech and robotics. It was a long thought out decision.

I know most ranked hail Richards as the best the most common reason is a belief that Doom was driven by a desire to beat Richards. But I don't think those same people who say that really read F4 or Doom much they just read about them. Doom was not mad about what Richards discovered, he was pissed about Richards getting recognition first mainly because he's not insane. The public called Richards the greatest mind, but this was when Doom was in exile and refused to work for the Western governments. He was well ahead or on par with Richards at the university. He was never his inferior or felt that way. 

And for one more reason, not to spoil fall of the hulks but target number 1 was Doom and Richards second, and once taken

To answer your question curing Ben was a combination on magic and science.  Thus again why Doom has a greater over all knowledge.  I think you're right about Magneto, I might put him at 20 or 21.
Posted by Gambit1024

You obviously know your stuff. I reccomend the list
Posted by MichaeltheFly

I think both Thanos and Fixer should be on this list, but that's just me.

Edited by Blackestnight
@Michael the Fly: Thanos shuold be, but I tried not to include god like or eternal beings in it. I shoul have said earth's smartest.
Posted by gambit987

tony is smarter than black panther and norman osborn

Edited by Blackestnight
@gambit987: I dont think so because he drinks too much. Also in What IF, Osborn could figure out the skrulls when Tony couldn't.  Black Panther not only knows more science, his civilization far trumps Stark industries and understands a bit about magic.  Fall of the Hulks also marked him top five. Black Panther was able to know when Doom put nanno bots in the food and spied on his empire.  Tony had no clue the intelligensia had rigged his satellites during planet hulk's return. Tony does some stupid stuff sometimes. Much of his gear comes from many people in a corporation pepper's kind of runs. Tony is around the level of the kingpinn in strategics and has been outwitted by him. Stark's main type of intelligence is at engineering something only a billionaire really has the opportunity to play with the way he does, and his dad built the empire. But Tony IS the man when it comes to that. Still Osborn and Panther are good at building their own gear as well, but on other things they are smarter than Tony.
Posted by gambit987
@Blackestnight:  I am not sure about t'challa but I still think iron man is stronger than norman because in the invinsible iron man, tony said norman can't make an arc reactor from his own and needed to still it.
Edited by D00MSMITH

@Blackestnight: My Top 10 - 
                               1> Reed  Richards
                                2>Dr Doom
                                3>Leader
                                4>Bruce Banner
                                 5>Hank Pym
                                 6>Tony Stark
                                 7>Black Panther
                                 8>Beast
                                 9>Valeria Richards
                                10>Amadeus Cho 
High Evolutionary, Supreme Intelligence, Kang, Apocalypse, Thanos and even Magus belong to a different league when intellect is concerned

Posted by D00MSMITH

Magneto is WAY smarter than spider-man

Posted by Blackestnight
@D00MSMITH:  based on what. Have you seen what Spiderman has made recently suits bending sound and light making him invisible. Magneto can't make that. Mags is a straegist but he is not a genius. He's around the same cleverness as wolverine or captain america. 
Posted by D00MSMITH
@Blackestnight: Magneto has created technology that makes Reed Richards envious, he has also made advancements in genetics and atomic physics. Spider-Man is smart, but you have ranked him too high.
Same for Norman Osborn and Kingpin, they are no match for anyone in top 20. You also forgot to include wizard in your list.
Edited by Blackestnight
@D00MSMITH:  Do you have examples of that for Magneto. I don't see him even close to richards who travels to alternate universes and macroverses etc. I mean if there are examples give them. I gave examples for spiderman and everyone else. Just saying oh so and so is way smarter doesn't do much without some comicbook to tie it to.  Spiderman's big problem for a long time if you base intelligence on building things was a lack of resources at his current job he's built suits on his own that create invisibility and bend sound. If Magneto could make that he would have.

Osborne also figured out the Skrull's ability to hide themselves something only Richards figured out. Norman's problem is half the time he is crazy because of his goblin half. The King Pin has put smarted Ironman and played him to take out his rivals all while sitting in jail, (saw that in civil war) He has also created genetic hybrids, robots, etc and even dabbled in magics, his main brain though is in economics and strategy. Many of spiderman's enemies and Daredevils have come form the Kingpin running tests on the mob.
Posted by D00MSMITH
@Blackestnight:
 Magneto is a genius within various scientific fields. He is an expert on genetic engineering and mutation, with knowledge far beyond that of contemporary science. He can mutate humans in order to give them superhuman powers, instill genetic mind-control, create adult clones of human beings, and then manipulate the genetic structures of these clones during their development. He has designed magnetically-powered aircraft and spacecraft, complex robots and computers, and magnetically-powered generators and created artificial living beings, space stations said to possess technology even Reed Richards would envy, and machines capable of nullifying mutant powers within a radius of several miles.    
I'm not telling that Spider-man, Osborne, Kingpin are dumb, they are pretty smart, spidey and osborn are geniuses, but they are in no way smarter than members of Intelligencia such as mad thinker and modok.
You didn't even put Wizard, Red Ghost etc on the list.
This list is great, I even recommend it, but you have simply over ranked some of them.
Posted by D00MSMITH

Being mad half of the time is something, but Osborn's problem is not greater than Bruce's. It has been stated in an avengers comic that he had been more productive than anyone else since the time of Edison before he became the hulk. Note that unlike Norman, hulk apparently does not retain Bruce's intellect. Did that prevent him from making Bannnertech? No. 
Speaking of a What if? comic, you know that thor has killed savage hulk by snapping his neck.(I mean he could have killed him, but by snapping his neck? Even professor hulk survived that).
And I'm not classifying intelligence by ability to make things, else i would ask you to put Forge there.

Edited by Blackestnight
@D00MSMITH: Well recently Banner has been upgraded some what since fall of the Hulks. Before he was more just a run of the mill scientist trying to cure himslef. It was Osborne however who figured out how to restore his Hulk power and he did trick Banner into doing what he wanted in the List Hulk  to get him charged with the proper particles. 

Banner is a great scientist but I was thinking more all around, Osborn is more complete in strategy and is no slouch in engineering or science himself. He too figured out how to detect skrulls, and upgraded much of Starks work. he went toe to toe with Doom's nanno infestation something Doom played on Black Panter around the same time.  Doom is the man. He best Rulk who is juiced in the area of strategy, even while being locked up. It's that Doom has such a vast knowledge of magic and a time machine that gives him the all around edge over Richards, but not enough. Richards can do his work openly, with financial assistance, and partners. Doom is flying solo with a bunch of bots he built and monsters.
Posted by Blackestnight

I think I will add Magneto too it, I've been reading up on him.

Edited by karrob
@D00MSMITH said:

" @Blackestnight: My Top 10 -                                   

1> Reed  Richards                                  

2>Dr Doom                                   

3>Leader                                  

4>Bruce Banner                                    

5>Hank Pym                                   

6>Tony Stark                                    

7>Black Panther                                    

8>Beast  

9>Valeria Richards                                   

10>Amadeus Cho  

High Evolutionary, Supreme Intelligence, Kang, Apocalypse, Thanos and even Magus belong to a different league when intellect is concerned "

I agree