Amazing Spider-Man #583 Set For A FOURTH Printing

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

People are going crazy over this.  I haven't bothered checking ebay but I'm sure the first printing is going for a decent amount.  The second printing went on sale yesterday.  A third is already on its way but it seems that's still not enough.  I would hope the demand is more out of a sense of owning a piece of history rather than an attempt at an investment.  With so many copies in print and the different printings, it won't be hard to find a copy.  It's just too bad that the main story didn't have a little more oomph to cause more readers to continue reading Amazing Spider-Man.

I haven't seen what color scheme this printing will have but it most likely won't be blue, yellow or green.

To meet the continuing, unprecedented demand, Marvel is going back to press with Amazing Spider-Man #583 Fourth Printing Variant. A record three sold out printings in three weeks will now be surpassed with a record fourth printing arriving in stores February 4th. Now’s your chance to experience the story uniting Barack Obama with the character that, in an interview with Entertainment Weekly, he named his favorite super hero!

Marvel urges retailers to place their orders by MONDAY, JANUARY 26th using Diamond Code DEC088033. Continuing the tradition of the previous printings, this cover will feature a new background along with the same iconic images of Spider-Man and new United States President Barack Obama. Check www.marvel.com tomorrow for the exclusive debut of this cover!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #583 FOURTH PRINTING OBAMA VARIANT (DEC088033)
Written by MARK WAID & ZEB WELLS
Pencils by BARRY KITSON & TODD NAUCK
Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
40 PGS./Rated A …$3.99
FOC—1/26/09, ON-SALE—2/4/09

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Meteorite

Whoa. This is massive as.

Mr.Voo the Doo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Mr.Voo the Doo

Barrack Obama,
Yes we can,
 Sell many more issues of spider man

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Hawk

Gimmicks work.........how many people have the Death of Superman sitting at home.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By speedlgt

OH my God

what sad place america has become.......Our nation is dying

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kurrent

Damn Im glad I picked up a second printing. I almost didn't then Hottness talked me into it....lol

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

I didn't pursue the first printing because I knew it'd be crazy and felt bad for the owner of the comic shop I go to (lots of angry off-the-street customers).  I did pick up a second printing just for the heck of it.  I actually like the green of the third printing better.  I'll be curious if they ever release how many total Obama covers will be in circulation.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I got a first printing but it was the regualr cover.  I hope it still might be worth something This one guy told me he'd pay 150 dollars for it.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck

Yeah, of course I got the regular cover too.  I mentioned elsewhere that I think that cover is waaaaay better.  It was awesome that John Romita did the cover.  Just classic.  That'll probably be the "rare" cover since everyone will overlook it.  The Obama cover may be historical or whatever but I really like the Romita cover.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I really liked it too and hope it eventually becomes rare.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mr. Wilson
aztek the lost said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"I really liked it too and hope it eventually becomes rare."
we'll need another war for comics to become rare again :P"
lol